Peter Weyland video ! ^^

Started by Snowdog, Feb 28, 2012, 07:16:01 PM

Author
Peter Weyland video ! ^^ (Read 150,422 times)

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on Feb 28, 2012, 08:27:24 PM
I wonder how Paul WS Anderson feels, now that Sir Ridley has given his "contributions" to the series a big middle finger. Ouch :P

Yeah, just like how he tried to be coy and fit Soldier into the Blade Runner universe. What a complete hack.

fiveways

fiveways

I wonder how Paul WS Anderson feels, now that Sir Ridley has given his "contributions" to the series a big middle finger. Ouch :P

He's so angry he is going to lock himself in a room and write another unwatchable sequel to "Resident Evil".

bioweapon

bioweapon

theres an interview with lindelof in the ted blog.

"We wanted to make an entertaining movie at the same time. Hopefully, it's a hybrid in tone between the original Alien and Blade Runner"

born at the turn of millenium. so at 2023 hes having 23 years old?? he doesnt look that young in the video. looks more like 30something. so if prometheus is at 2073 hes very well capable of reaching in and strong possibility hes the chair guy.

Zeta Reticuli

Zeta Reticuli

Quote from: nendo on Feb 28, 2012, 08:22:35 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 07:44:38 PM
Then how is Peter Weyland alive in both 2023 and in Prometheus?  Maybe they already invented cryotubes by then?  On a side note, it looks like Prometheus isn't ignoring the AVP films after all if Ridley is still using the title "Weyland Industries." :)

https://www.weylandindustries.com/

who says he's alive in the film? We know he's only in it for a minute or so. This scene will more than likely be his only appearance in prometheus.

having the word Industries doesn't mean its connected to avp. Industries is a very common word, as is corp. so it doesn't warrant enough to say its connected

maybe the travel to space takes the crew of the prometheus 50 years? so they could start in "present time" in 2023 and there could be some scenes with Weyland, but the real story happens after 50 years of space travel and hypersleep far far away from here. just a thought.

i could even imagine the film starting with this speech of Weyland.
then a black screen with text "50 years later"
next scene: hypersleep chamber à la Alien....

Snowdog

Snowdog

anderson himself said he was pleased with the movie as a filmmaker but not so much as a fan. so i guess he wouldn't make that big of a deal out of it. i like and respect the first avp movie but in my mind it's not part of the alien franchise, but part of the seperate avp franchise.

OESTEY

OESTEY

Peter Weyland has been a magnet for controversy since he announced his intent to build the first convincingly humanoid robotic system by the end of the decade.

Whether challenging the ethical boundaries of medicine with nanotechnology or going toe to toe with the Vatican itself on the issue of gene-therapy sterilization, Sir Peter prides himself on his motto, "If we can, we must." After a three year media blackout, Weyland has finally emerged to reveal where he's heading next. Wherever that may be, we will most certainly want to follow.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: First Blood on Feb 28, 2012, 08:17:02 PM
Did you vist the site?

Considered a seminal moment in the career of our founder Peter Weyland, this 2023 TED Talk launched Weyland Corp into the international spotlight.

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 08:21:36 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:10:52 PM
Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 08:08:16 PM
Because Charles Weyland is wiped from the canon. Peter Weyland founded the company and he seems to have all of the credit in technology that Charles was initially saddled with. Ergo ... work it out from there.

There's no evidence that Peter Weyland founded Weyland Industries, it just says that he spawned an empire which could very well be another company.  Once that's done, he could have bought out or merged with Weyland Industries to make Weyland Megacorp that we see in Prometheus.  Also, I don't think his physical similarity to Lance Henriksen was done by accident.
You didn't read the page, did you? Peter Weyland is fingered as the founder. Please read.

It doesn't say specifically that Peter founded Weyland Industries; at best it implies that he founded Weyland MegaCorp.

Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 28, 2012, 08:21:41 PM
I am the last person on Earth that wants AVP to be connected to Prometheus but...

There is nothing in the info presented so far that eradicates the notion that Charles Weyland WASNT Peter's father. Self taught software engineer...I do recall that in AVP Weyland Industries were involved in cybernetics?

Perhaps Weyland Megacorp took the knowledge one step further!

Also the growling 'Faux Queen's English' voice hints at AVP Henrikson...

Aaaaarrrrrgggghhhh!  :(

Thank you.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 28, 2012, 08:24:47 PM
Quote from: 180924609 on Feb 28, 2012, 08:21:41 PM
I am the last person on Earth that wants AVP to be connected to Prometheus but...

There is nothing in the info presented so far that eradicates the notion that Charles Weyland WASNT Peter's father. Self taught software engineer...I do recall that in AVP Weyland Industries were involved in cybernetics?
If Charles was his father, why not point it out, ala the Starks? There is no Charles Weyland. Additionally, Peter founds the company, not Charles, etc.

QuoteAlso the growling 'Faux Queen's English' voice hints at AVP Henrikson...
No. Ever since ALIEN's release, Weylan-Yutani was a merged British/Japanese company.

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:06:36 PM
I just don't see how or why we can eliminate AVP from continuity, especially when they make a very specific reference to those films.
Had to comment on this.  I would never see a Weyland reference to be connected to AvP.  They used it from the Alien saga, which is where its origins have rested happily since 1979.

I know its a backhand to the AvP movies, but Predxeno dude, the collective sigh of relief you hear from most others has to be deafening. :D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Snowdog on Feb 28, 2012, 08:39:33 PM
anderson himself said he was pleased with the movie as a filmmaker but not so much as a fan.
Oh yeah, AVP was a tour de force of filmmaking excellence! :laugh:

gooner_no1

gooner_no1

Jon Spaihts on Twitter says:

QuoteWe tried not to violate canon wherever possible; but the canon's not completely coherent and in the end story wins.

predxeno

predxeno

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 28, 2012, 08:44:35 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:06:36 PM
I just don't see how or why we can eliminate AVP from continuity, especially when they make a very specific reference to those films.
Had to comment on this.  I would never see a Weyland reference to be connected to AvP.  They used it from the Alien saga, which is where its origins have rested happily since 1979.

I know its a backhand to the AvP movies, but Predxeno dude, the collective sigh of relief you hear from most others has to be deafening. :D

Actually, I was referring to Weyland Industries rather than just the name "Weyland."  I was also referring to the fact that Peter Weyland also has Charles Bishop Weyland's likeness as well which can't be coincidental.

EDIT: And yes, the collective sigh of relief is deafening, but I still believe it to be premature.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:43:50 PM
It doesn't say specifically that Peter founded Weyland Industries; at best it implies that he founded Weyland MegaCorp.
::) Just accept it. Your brain will hurt less if you forgo all the futile mental gymnastics it'll require to reconcile the two clearly conflicting canons.

predxeno

predxeno

I fight to the bitter end, I'm afraid. :-[

nendo

nendo

Quote from: Zeta Reticuli on Feb 28, 2012, 08:35:33 PM
Quote from: nendo on Feb 28, 2012, 08:22:35 PM
Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 07:44:38 PM
Then how is Peter Weyland alive in both 2023 and in Prometheus?  Maybe they already invented cryotubes by then?  On a side note, it looks like Prometheus isn't ignoring the AVP films after all if Ridley is still using the title "Weyland Industries." :)

who says he's alive in the film? We know he's only in it for a minute or so. This scene will more than likely be his only appearance in prometheus.

having the word Industries doesn't mean its connected to avp. Industries is a very common word, as is corp. so it doesn't warrant enough to say its connected

maybe the travel to space takes the crew of the prometheus 50 years? so they could start in "present time" in 2023 and there could be some scenes with Weyland, but the real story happens after 50 years of space travel and hypersleep far far away from here. just a thought.

i could even imagine the film starting with this speech of Weyland.
then a black screen with text "50 years later"
next scene: hypersleep chamber à la Alien....

My point was that this video just released could be the only footage Peter Weyland is in. The original poster i quoted kinda of implied that peter weyland was going to appear in it more than this one scene. We know he's only in it for a minute or so. So this video could be the only footage of Guy pearce in the film

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 28, 2012, 08:49:33 PM
I fight to the bitter end, I'm afraid. :-[
If only it were for a noble cause! :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed