Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 744,673 times)

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Biomech makes sense. Where is that photo from?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 06, 2012, 04:30:15 PM
Biomech makes sense. Where is that photo from?

One of the terminals in Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary.

They were also seen and heavily focused on in the first episode of Halo Legends, Origins I:

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Woah, the Carbine is back! That was one of my favorite guns in 3 and ODST! Actually, I should have expected it to be back, considering the fact that it was Frank O'Connor's favorite gun; I really think the reason Bungie replaced it with the Needle Rifle in Reach was a little jab at Frankie after he left Bungie.

Elliott

Elliott

I read a game informer that stated the Covenant tracked Chief and are trying to kill him. So, I guess revenge is their motive.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Interesting loadouts. Are they taking a cue from Battlefield with that one?

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Anybody else figured yet that the primary antagonist will be the Didact?

Basically 100% sure it was him who delivered the line at the end of the trailer, because it was his symbol fitting into place.

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2012, 08:05:39 PM
Woah, the Carbine is back! That was one of my favorite guns in 3 and ODST! Actually, I should have expected it to be back, considering the fact that it was Frank O'Connor's favorite gun; I really think the reason Bungie replaced it with the Needle Rifle in Reach was a little jab at Frankie after he left Bungie.
Same! A little bit less-so in Halo 3, but in Halo 2 and ODST, definitely.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

No Needle Rifle?? I am sad.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Jun 06, 2012, 10:54:44 PM
Anybody else figured yet that the primary antagonist will be the Didact?

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100208222331/halo/images/thumb/d/d0/Didact.jpg/250px-Didact.jpg

Basically 100% sure it was him who delivered the line at the end of the trailer, because it was his symbol fitting into place.

Read a bit about that theory online. I don't know what to really think of it because I don't know much about Didact yet, but I ordered Halo Cryptum yesterday, so I'll be finding out soon I guess :) I want to get all of the recent novels (the first two in the Forerunner saga and the first two in the post-Halo 3 trilogy) read before Halo 4 comes out.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Does it seem a bit redundant to anyone else that the DMR and Battle Rifle are being included in the same game?

Remonster

Remonster

Not really, since 343 is trying to make each gun a viable choice.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 07, 2012, 12:15:29 AM
Does it seem a bit redundant to anyone else that the DMR and Battle Rifle are being included in the same game?

Really?

Multi-player only?

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jun 06, 2012, 04:24:17 PM
Forerunner were very much biological beings and humanoid in appearance, but we have yet to actually see them without wearing their combat skin:
http://images.wikia.com/halo/images/d/d2/Forerunner23.png

Maybe they are more integrated with their technology than us (I certainly wouldn't be surprised), and make themselves almost biomechanical in a way. Not sure...only time will tell, I guess.

And the Covenant is one of the aspects I'm most interested in seeing here, I have no clue how they fit into the story right now... Things should get very interesting when they are finally face to face with their "gods".

Don't they remind you of the disc wars suit from Tron: Legacy 

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Remonster on Jun 07, 2012, 12:24:26 AM

What's the difference between them? For all intents and purposes they are the same gun.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 07, 2012, 04:35:05 AM
Quote from: Remonster on Jun 07, 2012, 12:24:26 AM

What's the difference between them? For all intents and purposes they are the same gun.

Then it comes down to what people prefer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed