Remonster

Remonster

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 19, 2012, 11:23:20 PM
Magazine scan featuring  new look for Grunts

Also many of speculated online that this new gun, might be a Gauss Rifle

A cropped OICW?

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I really wish I could get a better look at that Grunt... The new weapon looks cool, though.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

If I may share some random thoughts...

I really hope they don't carry on from Reach in having the Covenant speak native tongues. The point of having the Covenant speak their respsective languages in Reach was clear; they were meant to be portrayed as alien invaders more than they were in any other Halo game, giving them a darker and more threatening tone. It worked by successfully turning the mind back to when you couldn't undertstand what they were saying (the Elites, at least) in the first Halo.

But I want the familiarity back again; when I first played Halo 2 and I heard the Elites speaking in understandable words, being called "Demon", there was this awesome feeling of having infamy among the Covenant, giving them relatable qualities. Hopefully that's what they're still interested in for Halo 4, instead of the blank slate alien menace.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Agreed.

We already had our nameless force. The development of the Covenant as characters was a great touch for 2 and 3. Would love to see that again.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Agreed wholeheartedly. Some fans were pretty vocal about wanting the Covenant to speak in Reach, so I hope 343i took notice. The Elites are one of the most interesting parts of Halo (they'be been in my mind a lot lately, since I'm playing through the ending of Halo 2 again...so good). I'd love to be called a "demon" again!

Rick Grimes

Rick Grimes

The thing I liked most about Halo 2 was playing as the Arbiter. I always liked the "two-sides" of the same story feel. So hopefully, they'll put in the Elites story as part of the campaign. Also, I think they should bring back GraveMind.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Quote from: Rick Grimes on Apr 20, 2012, 01:00:33 AM
The thing I liked most about Halo 2 was playing as the Arbiter. I always liked the "two-sides" of the same story feel.
Which is why 2 remains the hands down favorite.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Oh god, the Halo 2 story love in here makes my pants all tingly.

It just hit me how much I still love Halo, and how something drastic (as I used to think would be Halo 4) would have to happen to put an end to that.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The thing I liked most about Halo 2 was playing as the Arbiter. I always liked the "two-sides" of the same story feel. So hopefully, they'll put in the Elites story as part of the campaign. Also, I think they should bring back GraveMind.

I doubt the Elites will play a major role in the story, as the main focus is on John and the Spartan IVs right now. I would, however, love to see the Arbiter get a game of his own, maybe an ODST sized expansion pack.

And yeah, I'd love to see the Gravemind as well. He's one of my favorite characters.
Quote from: TheMonolith on Apr 20, 2012, 01:01:39 AM
The thing I liked most about Halo 2 was playing as the Arbiter. I always liked the "two-sides" of the same story feel.
Which is why 2 remains the hands down favorite.

Halo 2 isn't my favorite, but I think it may be the one I appreciate the most. It brought most of Halo's greatest concepts on the table, and really defined the direction the story would head in. CE provided an excellent introduction to the series, but 2 is where we really got to the heart of everything.
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 20, 2012, 01:17:42 AM
Oh god, the Halo 2 story love in here makes my pants all tingly.

It just hit me how much I still love Halo, and how something drastic (as I used to think would be Halo 4) would have to happen to put an end to that.

I'm glad Halo 4 isn't shaping up to be that drastic event. Like you, I was kind of hesitant with the first trailer (those thrusters really took me by surprise), and felt that Chief was best left asleep. Rather quickly I opened up to it a bit, and decided to see what 343i would do with the story. So far, everything story related has been very impressive.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

So guys, here's something for ya:

I'm wondering if any of you would like to contribute an individual write up on which Halo game was your favorite chapter from a campaign standpoint and why. Something that would also be cool would be to include a track from that game that particularly sums up what you love about it, what brings up those emotions that you've grown so found of, and what brings you right back to that moment when you realized you were in love... with a game.

I'll get mine out there soon.  ;)

Remonster

Remonster

It'll take me a long time just to choose which one :/

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

No problem for me. Always 2.
Will these be posted here or sent somewhere else.

Remonster

Remonster

I haven't played Halo 2 campaign since the days of old Xbox. I've tried playing it on my 360 but it runs so poorly I'll probably never be able to again.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: TheMonolith on Apr 20, 2012, 01:45:05 AM
Posted here; kinda wish I was the OP so I could edit it with links to things like these and the announcements of each Halo game.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 20, 2012, 01:50:44 AM
Quote from: TheMonolith on Apr 20, 2012, 01:45:05 AM
Posted here; kinda wish I was the OP so I could edit it with links to things like these and the announcements of each Halo game.

If you write up the post, I'm sure a mod will add it to the main one if you ask :)

Anyways, I'll bite. I think I have some free time tomorrow, maybe I'll write something up. Approximately how long are you expecting each one to be?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed