Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 744,117 times)

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I can still dream of my reality-bending twists and turns through space-time...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: SpaceMarines on Apr 06, 2012, 12:44:07 AM
I can still dream of my reality-bending twists and turns through space-time...

You know, that concept has actually been in Halo before. Ever read the novel First Strike? I don't remember everythign because of how long its been since I read it, but it takes place between Combat Evolved and Halo 2, features a Forerunner crystal that kind of manipulates time.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Supposed leaked Multiplyer details for Halo 4:

http://www.thisisxbox.com/360/halo-4-multiplayer-details-have-been-leaked/

Not sure if they're true, but right now I feel kind of "eh" about them. They could be cool, and I'll reserve judgement until I see them in action, but right now I'm not exactly excited about some of these changes. Depending on how they are ahndled, though, they could be really cool.

What I've seen of the game in action so far looks great, and there's always the campaign, so I'll remain optimistic until more information is released.

Razz

Razz

Both single and multiplayer screens here:

(Mostly singleplayer stuff here)
http://forums.gametrailers.com/thread/halo-4-game-informer-scans/1284045?page=1

Same article with a few more multiplayer shots.

http://opa-ages.com/forums/topic/61184-halo-4-game-informer-scans/

Those graphics... :o

Remonster

Remonster

I've read every bit of information in those scans, and I am super pumped for this game! The look of that first mission is amazing. So atmospheric. Loving everything about this game, and yes that includes all the crazy stuff they are adding into multiplayer.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Yep, my hesitance from a couple posts ago is now completely gone. Consider me more hyped than ever before!  :o

That beginning to the camping sounds great, and I'm already left wondering about how the
Spoiler
Covenant
[close]
tie in to all of this, now that they've been confirmed (and shown in the beautiful new graphics. And the more in depth Cortana/Chief relationship at the core sounds amazing!

Although, after the release of a certain movie, I may have a bit of a hard time taking the name Requiem seriously for the planet :P

EDIT: Turns out a sequel to Glasslands has been announced, if anyone's interested. Its called The Thursday War. I really need to get caught up on these books before Halo 4 comes out.

Remonster

Remonster

I'm glad to see the Covenant has returned, and I'm curious as to why they are so intent on destroying the Chief. And to finally get some in sight on John's character is what I am really looking forward to. I cannot wait to see how they handle Cortanas impending rampancy.

Razz

Razz

Glad to see the DMR, I don't mind the BR but I prefer the DMR so much.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Razz on Apr 07, 2012, 04:31:51 PM
Glad to see the DMR, I don't mind the BR but I prefer the DMR so much.

I'm just glad that now we don't have to hear endless debates over which should be in the game :D Always good having options.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

I'm coming around. My initial resistance to this idea is being diminished the more I see about it. I just wish they'd call it something other than Halo 4, since it seems to be a new story than the original trilogy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 07, 2012, 03:22:05 PM
Yep, my hesitance from a couple posts ago is now completely gone. Consider me more hyped than ever before!  :o

That beginning to the camping sounds great, and I'm already left wondering about how the
Spoiler
Covenant
[close]
tie in to all of this, now that they've been confirmed (and shown in the beautiful new graphics. And the more in depth Cortana/Chief relationship at the core sounds amazing!

Although, after the release of a certain movie, I may have a bit of a hard time taking the name Requiem seriously for the planet :P

EDIT: Turns out a sequel to Glasslands has been announced, if anyone's interested. Its called The Thursday War. I really need to get caught up on these books before Halo 4 comes out.

Again?? So much for a new enemy.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2012, 05:52:41 PM

Spoiler
Covenant
[close]

Did you read the article? It said that when he wakes up there are Covenant forces trying to board the Forward Unto Dawn, which obviously confuses Chief and Cortana given the events of Halo 3.

Once they crash land on Requiem, however, they are forced to deal with something completely new and unrelated to the Covenant, but 343 Industries has yet to announce what the new enemy will be yet.

Nightlord

Nightlord

This looks great and it's good to see the covenant again although that grunt on the fourth page looks a bit naked.

A bit disappointed they still haven't shown any new enemies and Chief shouldn't be wearing that armour right away either.

Shasvre

Shasvre

That's a really nice cover. :)

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Apr 05, 2012, 11:39:05 PMNaaaice!

Just noticed this little bit of art on that page too:

http://gyazo.com/f5fc1d3b6717498793ffec745940ce79.png?1333668755

Wish there was a larger version available.
At least you get this if you click it. Don't know if that's a new picture though.

Razz

Razz

Quote from: DoomRulz on Apr 07, 2012, 05:52:41 PM

Spoiler
Covenant
[close]

Read the article, they aren't the main enemy.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed