Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 744,451 times)

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 20, 2011, 04:26:13 PM
Isn't the switch just 2001's graphics to 2011's?

Yeah, but I think (at least in my opinion) you will have more of an appreciation for the 2011 graphics if you've already played through the 2001 graphics.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Yeah, but that's more of a thing for long time fans who played it like that when there was no other option. With the option to switch back and forth, I'd be surprised if any newcomers play through without hitting the 'Back' button for much prettier graphics.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

"Halo, it's finished."

And tonight, with the conclusion of Halo 3, my six game Halo marathon is over. It's been a great experience, from the moment I retook Harvest, to watching Reach fall, discovering the Halo rings, and finally finishing the fight and watching the Chief journey into the unknown.

Now, all that's left to do is wait for Anniversary and the new trilogy. It's been fun, and the wait should be just as exciting. Who knows what the future has in store?

"No, I think we're just getting started."

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We need to.finish Wars!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2011, 02:19:01 PM
We need to.finish Wars!

That's right! :D You want to give it a go now?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 20, 2011, 04:30:56 PM
Yeah, but that's more of a thing for long time fans who played it like that when there was no other option. With the option to switch back and forth, I'd be surprised if any newcomers play through without hitting the 'Back' button for much prettier graphics.

That's not surprising when you consider that this game is being released to what seems like the older generation of Halo fans. The newer group is already playing Reach and this would just be a bonus to them. I played the first Halo and I'm getting this because I want to see the new game in the newer engine.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: DoomRulz on Aug 23, 2011, 02:31:55 PM
Quote from: Space Sweeper on Aug 20, 2011, 04:30:56 PM

That's not surprising when you consider that this game is being released to what seems like the older generation of Halo fans. The newer group is already playing Reach and this would just be a bonus to them. I played the first Halo and I'm getting this because I want to see the new game in the newer engine.

Exactly the reason I'm getting it (Although I didn't play CE until after Halo 3 came out).

But this is probably just as cool for the new fans of Reach, because this literally picks up right where Reach ends. Once they play this, they'll probably want to try the rest of the games in the series.

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

I'm still trying to get Live up and running.
Must...alienate...forum friends...further!

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 23, 2011, 02:40:48 PM
I'm still trying to get Live up and running.
Must...alienate...forum friends...further!

What's wrong with your Live? Are you just unsure how to set everything up?

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Sadly, yes.
hat and I have been putting it off to do yard work, but I am taking a few days rest.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Here is how to do it, right off of Microsoft's XBox website, if that's any help :)

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/get-started/connecting/default.aspx?wa=wsignin1.0

TheMonolith

TheMonolith

Well looks like the one I have has built in Wi-Fi so I am a total idiot.  :laugh:

I can see the friendly butt f**kings now. So...beautiful.  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 23, 2011, 02:52:28 PM
Well looks like the one I have has built in Wi-Fi so I am a total idiot.  :laugh:

I can see the friendly butt f**kings now. So...beautiful.  :'(

Yeah, the newer XBoxes from 2010+ have built in WiFi. Mine has it, but I still use wired, because I tihnk it runs a bit better.

SpaceMarines

SpaceMarines

Quote from: TheMonolith on Aug 23, 2011, 02:52:28 PM
I can see the friendly butt f**kings now.

On national television...

Spoiler
DWAYNE!
[close]

Get that Live set up soon, man. Be great to chat with you. :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 23, 2011, 02:19:01 PM
We need to.finish Wars!

I was at work. Can get an hour in before game night though if you're still on.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed