Halo

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 10, 2006, 12:19:56 PM

Author
Halo (Read 744,569 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Cole Protocol has ODST in but I'm not keen on that novel. I do recommend Fall of Reach, First Strike and Contact Harvest.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

The Flood also has a couple ODST segments if I recall correctly, but it is the most boring novel if you played Combat Evolved. It is just an adaptation of that game.

If you want a great ODST story, pick up Halo Evolutions. One of the short stories in there is about an ODST, and it is amazing!

Also, I like Cole Protocol, though it was different than the other stories. Not for everyone, but not bad.

I still need to get Cryptum, and then eventually update to the newer versions of Evolutions. I'm going to skip the rereleases of the original 3, since I heard that nothing was really changed.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Feb 27, 2011, 07:08:59 PM
The Flood also has a couple ODST segments if I recall correctly, but it is the most boring novel if you played Combat Evolved. It is just an adaptation of that game.

If you want a great ODST story, pick up Halo Evolutions. One of the short stories in there is about an ODST, and it is amazing!

Also, I like Cole Protocol, though it was different than the other stories. Not for everyone, but not bad.

I still need to get Cryptum, and then eventually update to the newer versions of Evolutions. I'm going to skip the rereleases of the original 3, since I heard that nothing was really changed.

I love Cole Protocol.

But yeah your right about the flood, it is the one book I like the least because its pretty much the same as the first game.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

I think the best parts of The Flood were the parts without Master Chief. His parts read like a how to beat the game guide, and were easily predictable because I already beat the game. The scene with characters that were barely touched on in the game were really well written and helped expand on what made the game great!

Vulhala

Vulhala

Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. One which may shock some of you.

Ahem...

I think Reach may have converted me. That is all.

The Ghoul

The Ghoul

Quote from: Vulhala on Feb 27, 2011, 07:35:57 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, I have an announcement to make. One which may shock some of you.

Ahem...

From what I heard thrusday or was it friday, I'm not shocked lol.  :D

Prime113

Prime113

Reach brought back the good ole days, for me.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

Ahem...

Yush.
*A huge voice suddenly comes from a halo ring in the distance*
Almost are your mods are belonging to me.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Ahem...

You belong to Helghan and Vekta. Do not deny your true calling, soldier.

Cap. Fitzgerald

Cap. Fitzgerald

And you!
Why you no get on Xbox?

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I should've thought it was quite clear.

Quote from: DoomRulz on Feb 28, 2011, 04:09:02 AM
You belong to Helghan and Vekta. Do not deny your true calling, soldier.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Ha. Told you there was more to it than "Pew, pew, lasers, robots, laser, pew, pew".

Also, on the topic of the novels, Cole Protocol, The Flood, and The Fall of Reach were my favorites.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Feb 28, 2011, 04:55:53 AM
Ha. Told you there was more to it than "Pew, pew, lasers, robots, laser, pew, pew".

Also, on the topic of the novels, Cole Protocol, The Flood, and The Fall of Reach were my favorites.

I really liked FOR and CP too. I loved the non Master Chief parts of The Flood, for the reasons stated above. But Ghosts of Onyx wad probably my fxvorite of tbd bunch.
My favorite Halo story is probably Human Weakmess from Evolutions, though. Loved everything about it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

My former XBL gamertag was "Zamamee-569".

Zamamee was so goddamn awesome.

Sharp Sticks

Sharp Sticks

"You're a loose cannon, Zuka! I'm taking you off the case!"

Like he cared. 'Zamamee had alien balls.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed