Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 833,649 times)

NecronomIV

NecronomIV

Wake in Fright (1971).

One of only two films to be shown twice at the Cannes film festival.

I read the book in school about 1989, but I'm absolutely gobsmacked by how good the film was. Absolutely supurb direction; it's bleak and harrowing but also funny, and a pointed, uncompromising look at toxic Australian culture.

I loved the phrase "Aggressive hospitality" used in the film.

The whole thing is on Youtube if anyone is interested. And this is an excellent write-up and analysis of the film.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The Terminator  8)

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 16, 2022, 06:24:55 PMThor: Love and Thunder

So fam put it on and despite me being deep in the Marvel fatigue I decided to give it a shot since I usually like Thor.

Spoiler
I walked out at the screaming goats.

It may seem petty, perhaps I really am that deep in the Marvel fatigue, or maybe this movie dropped the ball, or both.
[close]

I actually liked the goats. I mostly liked the film, mostly. There was so much stuff that was unnecessarily over the top and cringeworthy, though. I love GnR, but I didn't need 4 tracks by them. It seemed tonally all over the place and like they were trying too hard.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Crazy Rich on Sep 18, 2022, 01:10:58 AMThe Terminator  8)

That final act (in the factory) terrified me as a kid. Great film - probably doesn't get mentioned enough because of the stellar sequel.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Thor Love and Thunder, what a fall from grace honestly, truly cringe worthy overall. What a shame as Thor Ragnarok's probably my favourite MCU film, Marvel Studio's become complacent, and needs to form a better working relationship with their various artists.

Kradan

Kradan

I hope Marvel fails hard and DC takes it place

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Warner Bros does not deserve any kudos either, ever since 2012 they have jumped (in commercial and critical reception terms) from disaster to disaster, with only a handful of successes like the Harley Quinn Animated Series, James Gunn's Suicide Squad and Peacemaker, and another Batman Reboot. They also just massively dropped the ball with HBO Max and are shooting themselves in the foot not doing Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton. 

I'm about ready for the superhero film genre to go the way of the western myself. Not go away entirely, but just take a goddamn break, and pace it out a bit.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 18, 2022, 09:58:09 AMI'm about ready for the superhero film genre to go the way of the western myself. Not go away entirely, but just take a goddamn break, and pace it out a bit.

I can get behind that

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Too bad cos yesterday was Batman day 🦇 ::)

https://twitter.com/ComicBookNOW/status/1571239569386790914

Stitch

Stitch

Quote from: BlueMarsalis79 on Sep 18, 2022, 09:58:09 AMThey also just massively dropped the ball with HBO Max and are shooting themselves in the foot not doing Batman Beyond with Michael Keaton. 

I'm vaguely hoping that after Flash they'll do Batman Beyond set in the Burton-verse. It seems likely that they're going to do away with the concept of Keaton being the main DCEU Batman (and the burying of Batgirl ties into that, because it was going to be set in the 'new DCEU'and wouldn't fit continuity), and so I'm thinking that maybe they could continue Keaton's story back in his own universe.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Got back from a trip on Sunday, here's what we watched in the car there and back.

Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang
Grandma's Boy
Big Daddy
Tropic Thunder
The Hateful Eight
Shanghai Noon
Shanghai Knights
Nacho Libre

Kradan

Kradan

Kradan

Kradan

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Kradan on Sep 20, 2022, 05:57:53 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Sep 20, 2022, 04:54:00 AMNacho Libre

https://c.tenor.com/xVL1FZ7yHIcAAAAd/nacho-libre.gif
Love it

Great film.
My sister and brother in law many moons ago went camping with their (then) young kids. THose kids watched that film everyday on the Caravan VHS player  ;D

NACHOOOOOOOOO!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed