Started by Darkness, Nov 01, 2006, 08:21:10 AM

Author
Egg on Sulaco (Read 751,555 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

She looks heavy that's for sure. Hope that helps  :laugh:

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quote from: oduodu on Mar 18, 2024, 09:20:52 AMbut a hovering aircraft weighing say 10 tons without apc and other stuff isn t going stay in one place if something weighing a ton suddenly gets on and it upsets the centre of gravity. an android should have noticed this even if the system is auto mated to adjust for it. remember i am on about bishop not noticing it. not that it s impossable.

At the time, the dropship was getting jostled around by explosions and, as others have pointed out, it also scooped up a bunch of metal debris of undetermined weight in its port-side landing gear.  It wasn't just placidly hovering when the queen climbed onto the rear landing gear.

Speaking of that debris, it probably came loose and floated away when Bishop extended the landing gear again to dock with the Sulaco, but the dropship would have been in space and weightless at that time.

oduodu

oduodu

fair enough

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 18, 2024, 08:22:02 PM
Quote from: oduodu on Mar 18, 2024, 09:20:52 AMbut a hovering aircraft weighing say 10 tons without apc and other stuff isn t going stay in one place if something weighing a ton suddenly gets on and it upsets the centre of gravity. an android should have noticed this even if the system is auto mated to adjust for it. remember i am on about bishop not noticing it. not that it s impossable.

At the time, the dropship was getting jostled around by explosions and, as others have pointed out, it also scooped up a bunch of metal debris of undetermined weight in its port-side landing gear.  It wasn't just placidly hovering when the queen climbed onto the rear landing gear.

Speaking of that debris, it probably came loose and floated away when Bishop extended the landing gear again to dock with the Sulaco, but the dropship would have been in space and weightless at that time.

local

how did the  queen get inside the landing gear if it was never extended?

ok so when bishop took of because the platform became unstable he never retracted the landing gear? so when he picked up ripley and newt and when they were onboard did he retract the landing gear?

do i have this right?

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

All of the landing gear were extended when Bishop picked up Ripley and Newt, but the rear landing gear was conveniently out of the frame when the queen climbed onto it.

SM

SM

1:07

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

I actually very much doubt that a xeno has a lot of weight to it; drones walk on walls and ceilings with ease, and the weight of the queen being pulled out of an airlock didn't tear Ripley's foot off. Also consider that during the first movie, the Xeno was supposed to be able to squeeze into smaller spaces than its body size, (so less of a solid structure) and despite seeing a xeno skull in Predator 2, seeing one ran over by an APC it didn't look very solid at all. I think it's a very strong creature, but not necessarily  heavy. (Eg; When I'm in the lab, I can pick up a crab with ease as a lightweight animal, but if it latches into something with its claw, can I hell pry it open). 😂

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

That sounds like... :o

JK!🙊🙈😅👍

SM

SM

Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Mar 19, 2024, 01:04:28 AMI actually very much doubt that a xeno has a lot of weight to it; drones walk on walls and ceilings with ease, and the weight of the queen being pulled out of an airlock didn't tear Ripley's foot off. Also consider that during the first movie, the Xeno was supposed to be able to squeeze into smaller spaces than its body size, (so less of a solid structure) and despite seeing a xeno skull in Predator 2, seeing one ran over by an APC it didn't look very solid at all. I think it's a very strong creature, but not necessarily  heavy. (Eg; When I'm in the lab, I can pick up a crab with ease as a lightweight animal, but if it latches into something with its claw, can I hell pry it open). 😂

Squeeze into small spaces quietly no less.

And stand perpendicular to a vertical landing strut.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: SM on Mar 19, 2024, 01:58:42 AM
Quote from: Acid_Reign161 on Mar 19, 2024, 01:04:28 AMI actually very much doubt that a xeno has a lot of weight to it; drones walk on walls and ceilings with ease, and the weight of the queen being pulled out of an airlock didn't tear Ripley's foot off. Also consider that during the first movie, the Xeno was supposed to be able to squeeze into smaller spaces than its body size, (so less of a solid structure) and despite seeing a xeno skull in Predator 2, seeing one ran over by an APC it didn't look very solid at all. I think it's a very strong creature, but not necessarily  heavy. (Eg; When I'm in the lab, I can pick up a crab with ease as a lightweight animal, but if it latches into something with its claw, can I hell pry it open). 😂

Squeeze into small spaces quietly no less.

And stand perpendicular to a vertical landing strut.

Yes, another good example there; the big chap holds its entire body weight standing on its tail and lowers itself down towards Brett.

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Towards Brett you mean.

SiL

SiL

It's also just standing perpendicular to the leg before lowering. Their feet grippy.

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 19, 2024, 09:25:59 AMTowards Brett you mean.

Yes, towards Brett. 🤣 (my god it's been a long week)

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

The queen is tall but light like a giant pterosaur?😱🤓👉👈

It's like a dinosaur skeleton with guts.🥱🥱🤢👉👈🤮👎

Also...Shrimp vibes 🍤

Need a snack, see ya later 🙏🙈

Woah...👀👉👈

E. Shaw

E. Shaw

The egg hanging always seemed strange. All eggs in every Alien and AVP sit upright, and open delicately. Also eggs open into response to movement, everyone was in crypstasis and not moving...

SM

SM

It's upside down. Facehugger fell out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed