Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,378 times)

Perfect-Organism

So back to the original question.  Is there a small version of bug hunt?

Wweyland

I actually prefer the smaller sizes as it fits with the older books. I have the Out of the Shadows trilogy in small size and the first Rage War in small size. Would be great to get the other Rage War books in small size also.

Still Collating...

Finally got around to reading this. Though, only read half, mostly the second half, because of the reviews from here. Read the ones most recommended by you guys and I really liked all of those. My favorites were Episode 22 and Dangerous Prey. Both are so unique and well written.

Episode 22 felt greatly integrated into the universe and made me want to read the CMTM again.

Dangerous Prey was out there yet not too much like some other stories IMO. Loved how the alien was represented there, it's nice to see the author put the effort into researching for this story. The blend between an intelligent, thoughtful being and a creature dedicated to the hive was quite refreshing!

I want to see both these authors in any future alien anthologies. The rest were very nice, but as mentioned before, a lot of stories needed more room to breath and wrap things up a bit better. So, after one (good) half of the book, really nice to see new ideas put forth in them.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 22, 2018, 08:28:27 PM
So back to the original question.  Is there a small version of bug hunt?
If there is, Amazon doesn't list it.

Quote from: Wweyland on May 22, 2018, 09:04:41 PM
I actually prefer the smaller sizes as it fits with the older books. I have the Out of the Shadows trilogy in small size and the first Rage War in small size. Would be great to get the other Rage War books in small size also.
I've got the Rage War trilogy in the small (mass-market paperback) size. I prefer the small size because they can actually fit on my bookshelf - I've got a bookshelf with a bunch of shelves and it can hold a ton of books... but the books have to be mass-market paperback size or they won't fit.

HybridNewborn

Titan's site itself also only lists the large size paperback and similarly sized hardcover. A shame.

Xenomrph

Buying the hardcover of Bug Hunt is like buying the collector's edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines, or the deluxe steelbook of AvP Requiem.

Spoiler
I have bought both of those things.
[close]

HybridNewborn

I didn't buy the collector's edition of Colonial Marines, but my ex wife used to work at Gearbox and just gave one to me as a gift, so that's neat.

I did buy the deluxe Requiem though, because I genuinely like that movie :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HybridNewborn on May 24, 2018, 03:32:40 AM
I didn't buy the collector's edition of Colonial Marines, but my ex wife used to work at Gearbox and just gave one to me as a gift, so that's neat.

Get him! He could have stopped it all!  :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 24, 2018, 03:25:29 AMBuying the hardcover of Bug Hunt is like buying the collector's edition of Aliens: Colonial Marines, or the deluxe steelbook of AvP Requiem.

Thanks to Amazon screwing up their pricing, I got the Collector's Edition of ACM for less than the price of the base game.

Kinda glad I did, as the tat was far better than the game itself :laugh:

HybridNewborn

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on May 24, 2018, 07:37:15 AM
Quote from: HybridNewborn on May 24, 2018, 03:32:40 AM

Get him! He could have stopped it all!  :P
Heh!

She got hired on right around when it released, and it was after we'd separated anyway (though we're still on good terms), so sorry, nothing I could have done :P

Corporal Hicks

Fair enough, mate. I'll let you off the hook in that case.  :P

Xiggz456

I always prefer hardback books so my copy of Bug Hunt is as such. As for you guys talking about bigger copies of the other novels I'm thinking maybe it's a European thing Titan does because I've only ever seen (and purchased) the mass market paperback size here in the States. "If It Bleeds" is the only larger paperback that I've seen and I think it only came in the one size; is that the same size these larger paperbacks are?

Perfect-Organism

I am honestly upgrading all my Dune novels to HC as that will look good on the shelf.  It makes me think of that Seinfeld episode about why do people keep books once they read them.  It is a strange thing I do.  I do roll my own eyes at myself.   ::)

I don't think I'll be going to that extent with the Titan Alien books though.  Do the books actually come out in HC?

SM

I've never seen one.

Xiggz456

Only "Bug Hunt" had the hardback release but I'm jealous of these large paperbacks that I've never seen. The binding on mass market paperbacks crease so easily. Woe is me lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed