Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,372 times)

Xiggz456

"No Good Deed" went in the non canon pile for me. Not exactly sure why they allowed less-than canon stories in this collection. Odd choice.

Ultramorph

The only one I have to say is non-canon is the one set in the Andromeda galaxy, as that breaks even far future Rage War rules about intergalactic travel.

SM

That and it was pretty mediocre story.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 03, 2018, 01:45:03 AM
The only one I have to say is non-canon is the one set in the Andromeda galaxy, as that breaks even far future Rage War rules about intergalactic travel.

Ya I suppose I'm being a bit harsh. Ultimately I've always considered the A/P/AVP as a multiverse with parallel dimensions and alternate timelines. For example in one universe the two AVP movies serve as Wey-Yu's origin story; in a paralell universe Prometheus, Origins and Covenant explain the same backstory. I also consider all the nineties Dark horse comics as a separate timeline that discludes Alien 3 and Resurrection. So following that logic, every story in "Bug Hunt" is "canon" in one of the infinite timelines of a multiverse and I retract my previous post lol

Perfect-Organism

Anybody know if this book was released as a small size novel, or just large size?  Many of the other novels have been released in big and small versions..

Xenomrph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on May 21, 2018, 10:58:25 PM
Anybody know if this book was released as a small size novel, or just large size?  Many of the other novels have been released in big and small versions..
Amazon usually lists multiple print variations, and they don't have any other paperbacks than the first release.

Wweyland

Are all the new books now in the large size? What size is the Cold Forge?

Corporal Hicks

All of Titan's new novels have been released in a large size. My Cold Forge is large. It's only the novelizations and the Covenant prequel that have only been small releases as far as I know.

HuDaFuK

The Out of the Shadows trilogy came in both sizes. I don't recall seeing any of the books since in anything other than the bigger format.

HybridNewborn

Interesting. My Cold Forge is small size, same as the novelizations.

TheBATMAN

Interestingly in River of Pain the large size has an error with Derek Russell of Fire and Stone given an incorrect name. Only the trade paperback has his correct name.

Perfect-Organism

My cold forge is small size too.  Trying to keep the collection neat.  I don't want the big books...

HuDaFuK

Huh, didn't realise there was a mini-Forge. That's kinda annoying. Would prefer to have that size.

Anyone know if the different sizes have different ISBNs?

HybridNewborn

Quote from: HuDaFuK on May 22, 2018, 05:19:03 PM
Huh, didn't realise there was a mini-Forge. That's kinda annoying. Would prefer to have that size.

Anyone know if the different sizes have different ISBNs?

They apparently do.

The Mas Market Paperback (the smaller size) is
ISBN-10: 1785651943
ISBN-13: 978-1785651946

While the regular Paperback (the larger size) is
ISBN-10: 1785651935
ISBN-13: 978-1785651939

HuDaFuK

Good to know for the future. Thanks.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed