Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,369 times)

SM

The book never even hinted.  Bizarre that he had that as a back story, but didn't include any clues in the book.

The Cruentus

The book did actually have some clues, Decker was not able to use his ability on her.

Russ840

So I went back to this. Really haven't enjoyed it on a whole.

I will say that I loved the story on Fury. For me it was the best one.  Would love a follow up.

Enjoyed Hugs to die for as well.

SM

Would love a proper conclusion to the Fury one.

Engineer

Seriously! That was like the ultimate tease!! Lol

SM

A lot of the stories suffered from interesting but unfulfilled premises.

Russ840

I am excited to read the predator anthology. Hicks filled me with faith that it is more solid than this one.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Russ840 on Oct 03, 2017, 09:28:29 PMSo I went back to this. Really haven't enjoyed it on a whole.

I will say that I loved the story on Fury. For me it was the best one.  Would love a follow up.

Yeah, that was superb. I thought both the writing style and the story itself were the best in the whole book. The cliffhanger ending honestly didn't bother me like it seems to have many others. It's a short story, after all, I don't necessarily expect a complete tale.

Overall I thought the book was so-so. Most of the first half wasn't so great, most of the second half was.

Russ840

Yeah. The cliff hanger, for me, showed me just how much i was enjoying it. I liked te first person view pointand the characters and world building were great. I like that we only had three characters (4 with the synth ) to follow. It felt focused and rained in. My only issue was the errors throughout but they don't really detract from the story. I also figured that perhaps Way-T was just whats these marines said to abbreviate. The XX bit made me chuckle.

Hopfully, id we get another anthology, we get a follow up.

Id take a full sized novel

SM

Very frustrating story.  It'd be like Dallas, Kane and Lambert walking all the way to the Derelict then going 'Nah we're not going in there.'

Ultramorph

Bug Hunt started strong, flagged in the middle, and got a lot better at the end. I particularly liked the story where they fight the machine alien that was clearly a nod to Virus.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Oct 04, 2017, 07:59:15 PMVery frustrating story.  It'd be like Dallas, Kane and Lambert walking all the way to the Derelict then going 'Nah we're not going in there.'

It would be... if we hadn't already had plenty of Marines vs. Aliens stories in the franchise.

SM

That's missing the point. We had none in that familiar cinematic location. We've had nothing set on Fiorina apart from the odd video game. To have these marines have a look and a chat and not actually do anything is huge wasted opportunity.

HuDaFuK

To each their own.

I liked that it was just about them sizing the situation up, with no actual Aliens in it. It made it feel different to most other Alien stories.

Ultramorph

Yeah, I like the ending. It's cool that they think better and seem to just leave.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed