Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,390 times)

Corporal Hicks

Read the foreword, it makes it sounds like that kind of story is quite sparse.

Huggs

More tales from the Aliens Universe, what's not to like. ;D  The multiple short story setup sounds great. I'm a huge World War Z fan; I'd love to see someone pen something similar to that for Aliens someday. Maybe tell the story of an infestation from multiple viewpoints. The accidental discovery, an initial fight, the return, the patient treatment in medlab, people going missing, the infestation, the fight to escape. Basic alien formula, in a wwz format. Maybe like a collection of Wey-Yu debriefings from an event.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2017, 02:22:02 PM
Having now read the synopsis in Galaxy's news article, I'm a little disappointed it sounds like this is mostly going to be about Marines fighting Aliens time and time again.

I'd honestly be completely ok with that because I'm a USCM fanboy

HuDaFuK

I love the Marines too, which is why I'd like to see them doing something except the same thing they've done in every single story they've been in so far.

JokersWarPig

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2017, 05:59:41 PM
I love the Marines too, which is why I'd like to see them doing something except the same thing they've done in every single story they've been in so far.

I'm only familiar with their stories from the games, the movie, Berserker and the newer Life & Death comics. I read the original run of Colonial Marines a few years ago but I don't remember much. I know what you mean though, I wouldn't mind seeing them fight another similarly equipped military force.

King Xeno

I'm with you on this! Would love to read about some conflicts the USCM have been involved with that have not included xenos. I do look forward to this book but it would be cool to expand the lore of the corps!

Ultramorph

Looks like a reverse iTunes problem: I can't see the Google preview on my phone. I'm curious about Abnett's story and was hoping to check out the first few pages.

SM

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2017, 02:22:02 PM
Having now read the synopsis in Galaxy's news article, I'm a little disappointed it sounds like this is mostly going to be about Marines fighting Aliens time and time again.

I was kinda hoping the majority of the stories would be about something new and different.

Maberry's intro says not just Marine fighting Aliens.

The Sulaco crew are in one story.

The Alien Predator

That preview was quite an enjoyable read, I like the new planet that was explored and some of the flora and fauna were interesting.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Apr 05, 2017, 09:18:40 PMMaberry's intro says not just Marine fighting Aliens.

Yeah, I know there are some stories in there that don't have Aliens, but the blurb on the back makes it sound like the vast majority are Marines vs. Aliens. How many times do these guys bump into bugs? Pesky things must be everywhere.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 05, 2017, 05:59:41 PM
Are you familiar with the old Leading Edge 'Aliens' RPG? The premise was all about the USCM dealing with stuff other than capital-A Aliens.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Apr 05, 2017, 12:58:55 PM
Glad they make a point in the introduction about this not being intended to be treated as canonical...
Tell me more.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 06, 2017, 09:37:51 AMAre you familiar with the old Leading Edge 'Aliens' RPG?

Only by name.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 06, 2017, 09:43:11 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 06, 2017, 09:37:51 AMAre you familiar with the old Leading Edge 'Aliens' RPG?

Only by name.
I'd highly recommend it if you can track down a copy, it sounds like it would be right up your alley. Capital-A Aliens are in it, but they largely take a back seat to the Colonial Marines dealing with, well, literally anything else. :P Colonist uprisings, corporate disputes, indigenous lifeforms, all kinds of stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Only by name.

PM incoming.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 06, 2017, 09:58:46 AM

Only by name.
I'd highly recommend it if you can track down a copy, it sounds like it would be right up your alley. Capital-A Aliens are in it, but they largely take a back seat to the Colonial Marines dealing with, well, literally anything else. :P Colonist uprisings, corporate disputes, indigenous lifeforms, all kinds of stuff.

I second all this, but also feel it's my responsibility to point out that the game rules are absolute rubbish - borderline unplayable. The lore however is awesome, and worth the price of admission alone.  8)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed