Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,354 times)

The Alien Predator

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

iTunes has a preview, which includes the first story in its entirety!
https://itun.es/us/pg-Ydb.l

Just read it, it has
Spoiler
giant flying squids and giant xenos.

Also, Abnett's story is called Reaper. Fingers crossed it has the Reaper aliens from that old comic.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Wow, that's really interesting! The
Spoiler
giant flying squids is going into the weird aliens territory that South China Sea loved exploring in the Predator's flashbacks. I also hope the Reapers show up again, that's be epic.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Do we need iTunes to read the preview? I can't see it on the browser.

Engineer

Probably need iBooks app

Ultramorph

Yeah unfortunately you need an iPhone. Google abooks should have the same preview up shortly.

The Alien Predator

Hopefully. I remember GoogleBooks eventually had the Rage War books up even before they got released.

SM

Good 'cos it's murder trying to access it through iTunes.

Click the link above, takes you to the iTunes webpage, click the button to access through the iTunes app, it tries to download iTunes which I already have.
Search in iTunes app, no results.
Try it via iPhone, 'Not available in your iTunes store do you want to change?' - yes please.  Search finally able to find it on ITunes store on my phone.  Click Sample, 3/4 loads, button reverts back to Sample.

Think I'll wait...

Engineer

I had no trouble on my iPhone...

felix

Preview is up.
https://books.google.com.sg/books?id=KZyPDgAAQBAJ&printsec=frontcover&source=gbs_ge_summary_r&cad=0#v=onepage&q&f=false

By the way, the ALIEN COVENANT prequel book is titled ALIEN COVENANT: ORIGINS.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I notice there will be a hardback edition as well as the regular paperback.

Also the release date says April 18... Surprised they'd release it so close to Alien Day, but not actually on the day itself.

bobby brown

Fu*k me that's an ugly rendition of an alien. :-X

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: bobby brown on Apr 05, 2017, 11:43:14 AM
Fu*k me that's an ugly rendition of an alien. :-X

Tell me about it. Really hoping Titan start to do original covers instead of all these game screenshots and bad photoshop jobs.  :'(

I enjoyed the first story! I've not bothered starting Abnett's since it cuts off after a few pages. Quite enjoyed the first one. Pretty fun and nice to see some variety in there! Not sure why the need to mention it being in the same system as Zeta 2 Reticuli, though. Loved the visuals of the hive though. That was pretty cool. I liked the end...thought the description of the egg was odd though. Guess it was a baby one?

Xenomorphine

Glad they make a point in the introduction about this not being intended to be treated as canonical...

HuDaFuK

Having now read the synopsis in Galaxy's news article, I'm a little disappointed it sounds like this is mostly going to be about Marines fighting Aliens time and time again.

I was kinda hoping the majority of the stories would be about something new and different.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed