Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,399 times)

LastSurvivor92

Ever since River of Pain by Christopher Golden I have been COUNTING DOWN the days until the Bug Hunt novel arrives. River of Pain was one of the few Alien novels in the series that actually did justice for the Alien film franchise and I seriously can't wait to see what Bug Hunt has in store!! :o :o UBER Excited!!!

Corporal Hicks

We're going to be doing a big Q&A with the authors. As always I wanted to open the floor to any questions you guys and girls may have - ones for everyone, ones for specific authors, etc. Deadline is Friday.  :)

HuDaFuK

Are any characters from existing stories going to be making an appearance? (I'm sure you already had that one planned!)

Ultramorph

Are we going to meet an Arcturian?

Engineer

Will we revisit any of the places we've seen before? i.e., Lv-426, Lv-223, lv-178 (I think I got that one right), fury 161, sulaco, sevastopol, etc...? Or will the locations be all new places?

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 21, 2017, 07:05:45 PM

You beat me to it!

Well, if not an Arcturian, are we going to see any other intelligent species mentioned or met?

Xenomrph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Mar 21, 2017, 08:50:45 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Mar 21, 2017, 07:05:45 PM

You beat me to it!

Well, if not an Arcturian, are we going to see any other intelligent species mentioned or met?
To expand on this, are any other species (indigenous, nonsentient, whatever) going to show up in any capacity?

What is the range of the timeframe that the stories take place? In between any of the movies? Centuries later?

Are there any stories centered around movie characters (like how the Predator anthology is going to have the Harrigan/Garber story)?

How much freedom did the authors have in picking their subject material? Was there anything that was off-limits, or anything that was mandated that they had to include?

Engineer

Is there any connectivity, subtle or blatant, between the stories in this anthology? For example, do any of these stories make any references or connections to the characters, places and/or events in other stories also appearing in this anthology?

Mr. Clemens

Who's to blame for that ghastly cover?  :D

426Buddy

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 22, 2017, 04:45:54 PM

Great question!

Hopefully the response is that the cover is just a placeholder.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Mar 22, 2017, 04:45:54 PM

None of the others though and unfortunately I think it is the final cover. I'll likely mention the photoshopped covers again in my review of this one.

I'm putting the final touchs on the questions to send over to Bryan later today. Thanks to those who submitted.  :)

The Alien Predator

You're welcome, Hicks, thanks for helping forward our questions. I am really excited to read the answers.

Ultramorph

Shoot, I didn't think to ask if Abnett's story ties in with the Life and Death comics.

The Alien Predator

Or any of the current comics.

Corporal Hicks

I asked a general connection question that should cover it.  :)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed