Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,360 times)

Perfect-Organism

Man that alien head is all wrong.  The forehead is way too small.  The ridges at the top of the head happen way too much in front.  It's like the perspective went for a walk somehow.  What's with the upper teeth?  Just horrific.  In a bad way.  Sorry, I hate to nock an artist's work, but I can't stand hack work.

I do notice that the book comes from the Aliens imprint, with the Aliens classic logo.  Hope that means good things...

Nostromo

This is my favorite all time Novel cover:

Actually one of the best Alien designs I've ever seen, I wonder who drew them? Aliens Steel Egg from DH

HuDaFuK

A guy called Stephen Youll did all the digital covers for the DH Press books.

Corporal Hicks

A bit about Tim Lebbon's story for Bug Hunt. It is related to the Rage War -

QuoteThat's another Halley story!  This time with the DevilDogs you'll recognise from the Rage War books, they come up against creatures called fire spites (mention in the third Rage War book ... the Yautja have a sample of one in their asteroid).

Nostromo

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 14, 2016, 07:37:20 PM
Man that alien head is all wrong.  The forehead is way too small.  The ridges at the top of the head happen way too much in front.  It's like the perspective went for a walk somehow.  What's with the upper teeth?  Just horrific.  In a bad way.  Sorry, I hate to nock an artist's work, but I can't stand hack work.

I do notice that the book comes from the Aliens imprint, with the Aliens classic logo.  Hope that means good things...

Is this the same Alien as in the Bug Hunt cover? (The one with the small forehead) This is one great looking Alien body!!

426Buddy

Just looks like bad photoshop to me.

Sure the alien doesn't look bad. The image though looks like someone cut an alien pic out of a magazine and used a glue stick to paste it on another image.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Meh...I just see a really well drawn Alien, especially its body. I couldn't care less if they took that picture and stuck it up someone's ass lol. The picture and drawing of the Allen is there, it has a near perfect body and that's all I see or care about. I see some nice corridor in the background as well. :)

426Buddy

I'm not sure its even a drawing, I think its a picture with some amateur Photoshop done to it. It probably started as a pic of an alien from a video game like their other covers.

Oh well its better than the rage war covers but not by much.

Nostromo

Quote from: felix on Sep 14, 2016, 01:23:20 AM
http://titanbooks.com/aliens-bug-hunt-9096/

http://dyn4.media.titanbooks.com/products/9096/BugHunt.jpg.size-230.jpg

This however doesn't look well done at all.

PS> Are you a robot? 426buddy is a god damn robot! :) How did you answer so fast lol.

426Buddy

Just good timing I suppose  :D

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 22, 2016, 01:01:07 PMMeh...I just see a really well drawn Alien, especially its body.

It's not drawn. The River of Pain cover is just a screenshot from ACM.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 22, 2016, 06:52:52 PM
Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 22, 2016, 01:01:07 PMMeh...I just see a really well drawn Alien, especially its body.

Seems like all the new novel covers are the last thing on the publishers minds. While the artwork on a novel has little to do with the quality of the story inside, the older novels definitely have a sense of uniqueness with their artwork, which added to their special-ness.

426Buddy

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Oct 22, 2016, 08:38:25 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 22, 2016, 06:52:52 PM

Seems like all the new novel covers are the last thing on the publishers minds. While the artwork on a novel has little to do with the quality of the story inside, the older novels definitely have a sense of uniqueness with their artwork, which added to their special-ness.

Exactly, I much prefer original art myself.

HuDaFuK

Oh definitely, I've said several times how I really miss the old artwork-style covers.

felix

It details the list of authors for BUG HUNT.
http://media.titanbooks.com/filebrowser/2016_rightsguide-frankfurt.pdf

Omnibus Vol 5 will include the "Original Sin" and "DNA War" Books.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed