Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced!

Started by alienscollection.com, May 10, 2016, 08:21:28 PM

Author
Aliens: Bug Hunt - Aliens Anthology Announced! (Read 111,398 times)

SM

What Felix said.

WYR had a very ordinary placeholder cover for a long time too.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 14, 2016, 01:44:48 AM
It seems like some author names are missing on that list, wasn't Tim Lebbon contributing as well?

I don't think they'd be able to fit everyone's name that large on the cover anyway.  :laugh:

Quote from: felix on Sep 14, 2016, 03:38:01 AM
It's a long while till April 2017, so its very likely they'll change the Book Cover by then.

Certainly hope so. While I've been enjoying the books, the covers are just nothing compared to the older painted ones. Bring back Dorman!  :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2016, 07:20:32 AMBring back Dorman!  :P

Dorman only actually did a handful of the covers. Most of them were by John Bolton. Then Stephen Youll did all the DH Press books.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 14, 2016, 08:07:58 AM
Dorman only actually did a handful of the covers. Most of them were by John Bolton.

True true. I'd be happy with either.  :)

QuoteThen Stephen Youll did all the DH Press books.

Those had some element of photoshop to them if I remember rightly. He did do some cool ones though.

SiL

Is Bolton still working? I miss his covers. The one for Stronghold with the chestburster was always one of my favourites.

Corporal Hicks

I believe so. Seems quite active on social media with new art.

It's about time they got Raymond Swanland back too.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 14, 2016, 08:59:24 AMThose had some element of photoshop to them if I remember rightly. He did do some cool ones though.

Not photoshop per se, but they were digital artwork.

426Buddy

Well Titan has a track record now of terrible covers so I doubt this one will change.

Nostromo

Just curious, how come you guys hate it so much lol.

426Buddy

Because they look like poorly done photoshops or they use screenshots from the colonial marines video game. Its lazy and it makes me not want the book, whats inside is more important obviously but I want something that looks good on my shelf as well.

Back in the day the covers were really great, on par with many of the comic covers.

Then:
Spoiler
[close]

Now:
Spoiler
[close]

Nostromo

Nostromo

It's amazing how everyone has different tastes. I like all the new titan alien covers of their last 5 Novels and hate the 90's Novel covers... shoot me now.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Well each to their own I guess.

I'll take original painted art covers over shabby photoshop mash-ups and video game screenshots any day. ;)

So far this is the only Titan novel cover that I liked
Spoiler
[close]

Mr. Clemens

That is the most derpy-ass alien I have ever seen. Hope to god it's a placeholder.

Ultramorph

Maybe that alien hatched out of an Arcturian!  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

The worst part about the cover is it hasn't even been photoshopped well. Just look at the saliva around the teeth. It looks like someone cut it out in MS Paint.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed