Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,561 times)

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Prez on Jun 06, 2021, 11:32:47 PM
Star Trek TMP
Star Trek The Undiscovered Country
Star Trek The Search for Spock
Star Trek The Voyage Home
Star Trek Generations

Been great revisiting all of these. I've seen TPM & Wrath of Khan to death but always come back to the original film. Haven't seen the others in years. Forgot how closely II, III & IV all follow on from each.

Got me thinking though how a fight between V'Ger and the Whale Probe would go. My money is on V'ger by the way.

The Voyage Home has some great moments of humour. Spock's attempt at cursing is hilarious.

Also hands down the refit Enterprise is the most beautiful starship ever designed. Beautiful lines. Every angle of her is a work of art.

Star Trek The Final Frontier - hmmmm
Star Trek The Wrath of Khan - still as glorious as the day I saw it in the cinema on it's first release.

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Conjuring The Devil made me do it (2/5)

Some good camera work but I couldn't get into it at all...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

The Personal History of David Copperfield (2019)

A nice little movie.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

The Rock (1996)

There is a sort of interesting fan theory that the character Mason in this film (portrayed by Sean Connery) is actually James Bond instead of a character which merely references and harkens to 007. There was a detailed reddit post about it recently in r/movies

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/ntk7yx/the_rock_came_out_25_years_ago_today_ive_proven/

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Prez on Jun 09, 2021, 11:29:40 PM
Star Trek TMP
Star Trek Generations

Been great revisiting all of these. I've seen TPM & Wrath of Khan to death but always come back to the original film. Haven't seen the others in years. Forgot how closely II, III & IV all follow on from each.

Got me thinking though how a fight between V'Ger and the Whale Probe would go. My money is on V'ger by the way.

The Voyage Home has some great moments of humour. Spock's attempt at cursing is hilarious.

Also hands down the refit Enterprise is the most beautiful starship ever designed. Beautiful lines. Every angle of her is a work of art.

Star Trek The Wrath of Khan - still as glorious as the day I saw it in the cinema on it's first release.

Among the various films, I am only a fan the Star Trek II, III, IV Trilogy. The rest I can personally take it or leave it.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

District 9 (2009)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Big Trouble in Little China

Kurt Russell plays a complete moron like no one else. That befuddled expression to a damn butterfly knife is the funniest shit.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 10, 2021, 11:35:04 AM
Quote from: Prez on Jun 09, 2021, 11:29:40 PM
Star Trek TMP
Star Trek Generations

Among the various films, I am only a fan the Star Trek II, III, IV Trilogy. The rest I can personally take it or leave it.

Totally get that ... I think The Voyage Home whilst excellent (IMO) is more like one of those TNG holodeck back in time episodes. Still fun. The Final Frontier is bang average but I think The Undiscovered Country is very, very good.

kwisatz

kwisatz

Prince of Darkness (1987)

Pretty good actually. Last shot in a way reminded me of Inception;D

Spoiler
Who else expected Tim Curry to jump out of that mirror?  :D
[close]

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 10, 2021, 08:41:58 PMBig Trouble in Little China

Kurt Russell plays a complete moron like no one else. That befuddled expression to a damn butterfly knife is the funniest shit.

The only movie I can think of where the hero is definitively not the hero.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 10, 2021, 08:41:58 PM

I'm thinking Peter and Lo might be related...

Prez

Prez

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 10, 2021, 08:41:58 PM

Absolutely brilliant film. It forms part of Carpenter's holy trinity of classics with The Thing and Halloween for me.
"No horseshit!"

Dirt Music - wife is a big Winton reader so had to watch this one. Kelly Macdonald does a damn good Aussie accent.

The Woman in the Window - It plays on Hitchcock's classic but whilst nowhere hitting the heights of his classic it's still an interesting if somewhat cliched film (3rd act).

Huggs

Huggs

Witness for the prosecution (4/5)

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Cloverfield (2008)

Gentleman Death

Gentleman Death

Hook (4/5)

Love this movie and still holds up from when I was younger. Great set pieces!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed