Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,521 times)

The Old One

The Old One

The Lord of the Rings

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Inglorious Basterds

Just the best. "Little Man?" :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ronin

F*cking love this film. I love the characters. I love De Niro and Reno's performances. I love that everyone talks in metaphors and you have to work out what they're really saying. And if better car chases have ever been filmed, I've certainly never seen them.

Only gripe I have is that it wouldn't seem to make much sense for the CIA to be going after an IRA terrorist, but it's an American movie so I guess it had to have an American hero.

Oh yeah, and it looked bloody mint on the Arrow Blu.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Papillon (1973)
Still a great movie with fantastic acting from McQueen and Hoffman. The only part I didn't like was with the native tribe, which kinda screws with the pacing. I have to check out the remake someday, but I can't imagine it comes close to this one. 8/10

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've read the book of that. Amazing story.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 09, 2019, 07:24:45 AM
Ronin

F*cking love this film. I love the characters. I love De Niro and Reno's performances. I love that everyone talks in metaphors and you have to work out what they're really saying. And if better car chases have ever been filmed, I've certainly never seen them.

Only gripe I have is that it wouldn't seem to make much sense for the CIA to be going after an IRA terrorist, but it's an American movie so I guess it had to have an American hero.

Oh yeah, and it looked bloody mint on the Arrow Blu.

I found that interesting too, especially considering the History between certain American institutes and the IRA

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Fight Club

I had forgotten the bit where Tyler is swinging nunchucks around in the background. :laugh:

Prez

Prez

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Aug 09, 2019, 01:50:41 AM
The Lord of the Rings

Which one? Extended cuts?

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Hollow Man II (2006)
Few good moments. Christian Slater is the best actor in this flick but he's the Hollow Man so it's mostly his voice.
Wouldn't mind a reboot where they amp up the horror.

Prez

Prez

The Matrix
Haven't watched this in a long time. Still brilliant. Introduced so many cool and iconic scenes to the genre.
Keanu looks so young watching it now and is great as Neo. The supporting cast also put in A grade performances especially Fishburne and Weaving.
One of the best soundtracks to a film too.

I read the Wachowski sisters are open to a reboot which is a shame. Some films should be left alone. That said a prequel story on the first 'one' to liberate the humans as mentioned by Morpheous in the first film could be an interesting way to go.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pain & Gain

"It's a piece of China f**king crap!"

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 11, 2019, 02:18:53 AM
Pain & Gain

Michael Bay's best movie imo.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 11, 2019, 02:49:39 AM
Pain & Gain

Yep, it's this and The Rock for me.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: KiramidHead on Aug 11, 2019, 02:57:09 AM
Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Aug 11, 2019, 02:49:39 AM
Pain & Gain

Yep, it's this and The Rock for me.

Also happens to be one of The Rock's best performances. I'd love to see him play more similar roles.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Transformers The Movie (1986)
Still love it and the 30th Anniversary restoration really makes the artwork shine through. They could so easily do a 12 issue series based on this. Especially if they expanded the Battle for Autobot City and added other bits from the original script

Spider-Man
Still a great comic book film. Although if you think on it Dunst's MJ got broomed by a few guys this series. Also i worked out that Spiderman has been in 11 films in the past 17 years lol

Playmobil The Movie
Actually a lot of fun. Doesnt deserve the Lego Movie comparisons as its really its own thing. Good family entertainment. Honestly didnt realise it would have musical numbers lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed