Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,911 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Spider-Man 2.

Yep, still the best Spider-Man film in my opinion. None of the others come close

P-Rock

P-Rock

Hellboy (2019)
Messy plot and some wonky cgi, but I enjoyed it nonetheless. David Harbour is a good Hellboy replacement. 6.5/10

Fritz The Cat (1972)
A cartoon for (and by) hippies. Sex, violence, drug abuse, corrupt cops, nazi's... All imagined as big LSD trip from start to finish. 6/10

Kiki's Delivery Service (1989)
Teen witch starts a delivery service after moving to a new town. Another very enjoyable Ghibli movie with great animation. 8/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Spider-Man: Far From Home

Damn good blockbuster entertainment .

SM

SM

Apollo 13 - For the umpteenth time.  Still sook at the end.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Mute (2018).

Should've called it Meh.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

iBoy (2019)
"Teenager gets phone pieces in his head and gets special powers."
Below average. Another miss on the Netflix movie front.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Jul 17, 2019, 02:28:19 AM
Apollo 13 - For the umpteenth time.  Still sook at the end.

Legit one of the best films ever made if you ask me. The fact it's a true story is just the icing on the cake.

SiL

SiL

Silent Hill: Revelations

... about what you'd expect :-X

Leon: The Professional

Forgive me father but I have sinned; I hadn't seen this until now. Great film, maybe a little flabby around the middle, wonderfully uncomfortable in all the right places. Feel really bad for the set department having to rebuild and redress every set after Garry Oldman finished eating them in his performance, but good God is it great to watch.

Went on a found footage binge:

V/H/S

If you're like me and sometimes find yourself looking up creepy videos on YouTube late at night, this'll be right up your alley. A bit too long, and two of the five shorts should've been cut, but I really got into the mood of the film and enjoyed it quite a bit. Only one of the shorts made me question why they were still filming -- the others came up with good enough conceits to explain why the camera was rolling (usually due to a wearable camera, such as glasses or a nanny cam).

V/H/S 2

Wanted to turn it off after the first short, but persisted because I heard the third one was great. It was -- but the first and third shorts really stretched the found footage. The first film was pretty grounded in the found-footage aspect, but the first short here is a dude with a cyborg eye. The third short is pieced together from documentary footage and really might as well have been shot normally for all the "found footage" aspect did.

V/H/S Viral

Honestly didn't make it to the first short.

The Poughkeepsie Tapes

I liked the concept. I thought it was one of the better conceits for a found footage film. The VHS effect they applied to the footage was horribly overdone and drew far too much attention to itself. The more obscene the movie tried to get, the more ridiculous it was. But some of the scenes were wonderfully composed nightmare fuel, so props to it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2019, 08:27:05 AMLeon: The Professional

Feel really bad for the set department having to rebuild and redress every set after Garry Oldman finished eating them in his performance, but good God is it great to watch.

:laugh:

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Stuber
While not the greatest, it is an extremely fun Action Comedy.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 17, 2019, 08:30:29 AM
Quote from: SiL on Jul 17, 2019, 08:27:05 AMLeon: The Professional

Feel really bad for the set department having to rebuild and redress every set after Garry Oldman finished eating them in his performance, but good God is it great to watch.

:laugh:

https://media.giphy.com/media/sUNqplVFtsctW/giphy.gif
I read on IMDb that he did that as a piss-take to make Besson laugh, and it was what he chose to go with :D

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've not seen that film in ages. Might have to put it on tonight.

P-Rock

P-Rock

Be sure to watch the director's cut though.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, that's the version I have. I'm pretty sure we never got the cut version here in the UK.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

My blu-ray copy has both but I've only ever watched the director's cut.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed