Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,463 times)

The Kurgan

The Kurgan

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: P-Rock on May 11, 2019, 01:51:55 PM
Yeah, Logan sucks donkey balls.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Huggs

Huggs

Logan is the only xmen film I can watch, likely because it's geared toward a more mature audience.

The scenes at the farmhouse where Xavier is talking to logan about life and then again right before he dies are just incredibly real and moving.

It's not all fun and jokes. It's about life, age, death, loss, change, regret, etc. I feel this makes it a much more relatable and powerful experience. We need more or that.

The Old One

The Old One

Logan's fantastic yes but;
It's even better with the context of the original
X-Men Trilogy, The Wolverine,
First Class and Days Of Future Past.

As for a "mature audience" -

Spoiler

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
C.S. Lewis
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pokemon: Detective Pikachu

Very entertaining, and should be pretty accessible for newcomers. It was also surprisingly played straight and dark in places for a PG rated kids movie. Also, I knew Deadpool was in this, but I wasn't expecting a Dopinder cameo. :laugh:

LastSonofKrypton

LastSonofKrypton

Quote from: The Old One on May 11, 2019, 06:23:16 PM
Logan's fantastic yes but;
It's even better with the context of the original
X-Men Trilogy, The Wolverine,
First Class and Days Of Future Past.

As for a "mature audience" -

Spoiler

Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.
C.S. Lewis
[close]

Spoiler
C.S Lewis punched kittens in his spare time
[close]

The Old One

The Old One

Lmao.

Huggs

Huggs

There is a fundamental difference between the preconceived notions of what adulthood will and should be, and what it actually is. The only way to learn the difference, is to grow older and let life do it's thing. This was Logan's strong point. It was honest. For once, he wasn't a bad ass with claws. He was a person, just like me.

One can still read fairytales, and recognize an honest and adult experience for what it is.

The Old One

The Old One

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on May 11, 2019, 08:25:50 PM
You're seriously underestimating the other films.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ5JBzHnQq0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OkXtmEWB8dw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uExSRGvaTdY

They're still far too based in fantasy. Terrible events for sure, but I see more in Logan of what I've seen and experienced personally. So it resonates much stronger with me and the people I know, that's all.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Deadpool

"Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret." :laugh:

And now I'm wondering if people will start calling Tim Miller an overpaid tool for real after T6 comes out.

Huggs

Huggs

Gone in 60 Seconds (2/5)

Unforgiven (4/5)

Prez

Prez

A Star is the Born ... the recent one.
Strong lead performances from Gaga & Cooper but parts of this film felt way to far fetched. Moving film at times but yer not all that.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: KiramidHead on May 11, 2019, 10:08:50 PM
Deadpool

"Are you there, God? It's me, Margaret." :laugh:

And now I'm wondering if people will start calling Tim Miller an overpaid tool for real after T6 comes out.

You mean T3redoattempt3.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed