Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,997 times)

PredBabe

PredBabe

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jul 25, 2018, 09:20:57 AM
Mask (1985) - Starring Cher and Eric Stoltz.  An awesome film based on a true story.

I always ball my eyes out during that movie.  :'(

Watched Under the Skin the other night on Netflix. It's quite the disturbing movie. Kind of hard to believe Johansson took on such a role but she killed it. The music was also very good and unsettling.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Pink Floyd - The Wall

How do you make Comfortably Numb even more amazing? Add Bob Hoskins. ;D

Prez

Prez

Godzilla - City on the Edge of Battle
Hmmm. Once again like the first film (of this Toho anime trilogy) it's just bloated with pointless exposition but that said the action, when it kicks in is pretty cool.

MudButt

MudButt

Mission Impossible: Fallout

Fantastic. Some of the best action I've seen in quite a while. The cast have these roles locked down and this is easily Henry Cavill's best role. The mustache was worth it people! I highly recommend seeing this in IMAX, the climax especially is worth the price of admission alone. This franchise gets better with each installment and is easily the most consistent spy franchise out there right now.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

It (2017)

Poor georgie, a six year old innocent boy having his arm bitten off, and him crying and screaming in pain....now that monster in that film is truly evil. It is a child killer and its not just a hungry predator because its sentience and deliberate cruelty makes what it does truly monstrous, although that said, that probably is just its nature. Still, for more monstrous than any predator on earth.

Brilliant film and surprisingly so given
Spoiler
there isn't much of a body count, it just shows you that a horror doesn't need constant kills everything five minutes
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Mission: Impossible - Fallout

This was excellent, and easily took best sequel of the series for me. The action is even more insane this time around, and the complicated espionage shenanigans of MI1 even made a comeback to an extent. Hell, the movie is so good that it alluded to MI2 twice and didn't piss me off. :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 27, 2018, 10:12:48 PM
It (2017)

Poor georgie, a six year old innocent boy having his arm bitten off, and him crying and screaming in pain....now that monster in that film is truly evil. It is a child killer and its just a hungry predator because its sentience and deliberate cruelty makes what it does truly monstrous, although that said, that probably is just its nature. Still, for more monstrous than any predator on earth.

Brilliant film and surprisingly so given
Spoiler
there isn't much of a body count, it just shows you that a horror doesn't need constant kills everything five minutes
[close]

I'm one of those who didn't really like it.
Don't need constant kills but some extra blood and a creepier atmosphere wouldn't have hurt.
And Pennywise sounded like Scooby Doo.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Memoirs of an Invisible Man

This wasn't anywhere near as bad as I was expecting. The more overt comedy bits don't work very well, and the beach house interlude is in desperate need of a trim, but for the most part this was a decent thriller. Chase did okay in a (somewhat) more serious role, and Sam Neill was a great villain. And the effects were pretty spectacular.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: MudButt on Jul 27, 2018, 03:51:21 PM
Mission Impossible: Fallout

Fantastic. Some of the best action I've seen in quite a while. The cast have these roles locked down and this is easily Henry Cavill's best role. The mustache was worth it people! I highly recommend seeing this in IMAX, the climax especially is worth the price of admission alone. This franchise gets better with each installment and is easily the most consistent spy franchise out there right now.

Great to hear that MI is still on a solid roll. Can't wait to see it on bluray.

Quote from: The Cruentus on Jul 27, 2018, 10:12:48 PM
It (2017)

Poor georgie, a six year old innocent boy having his arm bitten off, and him crying and screaming in pain....now that monster in that film is truly evil.

Yeah, and the old lady who looked the other way wasn't exactly a hero either. That scene was hard to watch.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

From what I have learned, the creature is affecting all the adults in the town to become indifferent or worse, hence the sheer about of horrible adults and the fact they don't care about the missing children. Notice how they cannot even see the blood during the that one scene.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Legend of Hell House (1973)
You forget how a lot of the older Horror films relied more on suggestion or just out of shot creepiness. Great performances here. Really need to go and read the original book

Huggs

Huggs

The Shining - bluray

Pretty good. Wasn't particularly fond of the kid but he did okay. Not as great as I was expecting overall, but some fantastic acting by Nicholson. 2/5

A Clockwork Orange - bluray

Much better than I expected. Held my attention from beginning to end. Solid flick. 4/5

Prez

Prez

How it Ends
... and I found myself literally saying `is that how it ends?' at the ending of the film. Truly crap ending to a film that held promise.

N-Shifter

N-Shifter

"Mission Impossible: Fallout" - fantastic entry into the franchise, definitely in the top 3 out of them all; no idea how they're going to top this one.

SM

SM

Watched Outland again for the first time in a long time.

It's easy to say Hyams nicked a lot from Alien - 'cos he did - but Cameron owes Outland a debt.  I'm not talking about re-using the miners suits for the salvage crew so much, but the overall look of Hadley is very reminiscent of Con-Am 27.  And not just that - I completely forgot about the opening titles, you watch it thinking 'Oh this is just an homage to Alien, with credits appearing over a slowly forming film title and the music sounds the same' - but then at 1:07.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed