Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,539 times)

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Logan's Lucky.

I found it meh, the actors were good, but i never liked Soderbergh style very much anyways.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 29, 2017, 09:27:18 AM
Did any version of the film or script explain how Connery is alive again?

I honestly don't remember the theatrical release offering any explanation for that at all.

It was something to do with the magic orange juice they dipped their fingers in on Zeist... and the Quickening bouncing off the shield or something. I don't think anyone really knew lol.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 29, 2017, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2017, 06:10:04 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2017, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2017, 03:32:27 PM
I thought PlayStations were region free. Also, the Renegade Cut isn't exactly Mulcahay's vision. The alien stuff was always supposed to be there lol.

I didn't realise that lol. Well glad they changed it for these versions

Yeah lol I have the script to prove it. There was more exposition that sort of/not really makes sense of the alien stuff, but Zeist was always part of the movie no matter how hard they to try hide it. The time travel shit just makes it even more nonsensical, imo.

I'd love to read that script lol. I take it it comes across as the middle ground between Theatrical and Renegade?

I believe the scenes are in the proper order from the Renegade, just with aliens and the deleted fairy tale ending.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Ex Machina

Excellent film about the development of AI. Bit of a slow-burner, but it builds to a really powerful climax.

Username-Unavailable

Username-Unavailable

I watched Avatar the other night for the first time since it's theatrical run. It occurs to me that the only thing I remembered about the movie was Michelle Rodriguez playing Michelle Rodriguez and then crashing her space helicopter. And the only reason I remembered that was because at the time I had an (embarrassing, so, so embarrassing) crush on Michelle Rodriguez.

Vertigo

Vertigo

IIRC Michelle Rodriguez had quite a bit of material on the cutting room floor that's viewable on the DVD/BR, which fleshes out her character a bit and gives her more to do. In my opinion, her character seemed underdeveloped in the final film, you could feel that there was something missing.

Then again, it's already a long film.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Justice League

Saw this today. It had some entertaining moments, but was very in one ear and out the other. And I'm fine with a little more comedy, but Christ, 99% of the jokes fell flat on their ass.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Username-Unavailable on Nov 29, 2017, 09:38:10 PMAnd the only reason I remembered that was because at the time I had an (embarrassing, so, so embarrassing) crush on Michelle Rodriguez.

Not sure I'd call that embarrassing :laugh:

I still like Avatar. I know it gets loads of hate, but it entertained me and visually it was stunning. Plus I always have time for some Cameron future-world building.

Prez

Prez

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 29, 2017, 09:29:31 PM
Ex Machina

Excellent film about the development of AI. Bit of a slow-burner, but it builds to a really powerful climax.

Spoiler
The stabbing scenes at the end are absolutely horrible to watch... like cutting butter. Awesome film though.
[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2017, 01:56:01 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 29, 2017, 09:27:18 AM
Did any version of the film or script explain how Connery is alive again?

I honestly don't remember the theatrical release offering any explanation for that at all.

It was something to do with the magic orange juice they dipped their fingers in on Zeist... and the Quickening bouncing off the shield or something. I don't think anyone really knew lol.

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 29, 2017, 12:24:14 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 29, 2017, 06:10:04 AM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 28, 2017, 12:06:10 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Nov 27, 2017, 03:32:27 PM
I thought PlayStations were region free. Also, the Renegade Cut isn't exactly Mulcahay's vision. The alien stuff was always supposed to be there lol.

I didn't realise that lol. Well glad they changed it for these versions

Yeah lol I have the script to prove it. There was more exposition that sort of/not really makes sense of the alien stuff, but Zeist was always part of the movie no matter how hard they to try hide it. The time travel shit just makes it even more nonsensical, imo.

I'd love to read that script lol. I take it it comes across as the middle ground between Theatrical and Renegade?

I believe the scenes are in the proper order from the Renegade, just with aliens and the deleted fairy tale ending.

Oh nice. Do you have a copy?

BigDaddyJohn

BigDaddyJohn

Kingsman The Golden Circle

I thought the first one was a little bit better, but it was greatly entertaining overall, some cool ideas in directing too. If more movies could have the quality fabrication level this one have...

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Watchmen - Director's Cut

The extra twenty minutes fix up a lot of the small issues that the theatrical had here and there. It's the best possible adaptation of the material.

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Kingsman 2
Not as good as the first one but certainly better than I expected.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Dec 01, 2017, 03:12:48 PMKingsman The Golden Circle
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 02, 2017, 12:42:08 AMWatchmen - Director's Cut

Love both of those.

Not quite sure why Golden Circle seemed to get so much negative press when it came out. Sure, it wasn't quite as good as the first, but it was still a helluva good time and one of the most entertaining films I've seen this year.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Alone in the Dark
The first Uwe Boll film ive seen and while its not too bad, it could have been so much better. It hints at people being killed off, but then you never see what happens or get clarification on if they do die. Who thought Tara Reid could play an Archaeologist (probably the same person who though Denise Richards could play a Nuclear Scientist) and its meant to be a sequel to a game, but completely contradicts what happens in said game lol. How the hell did he get Nightwish and others on the soundtrack

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

So Terminator Genisys was on TV. Maybe I was just in a masochistic mood, but I watched it.

It started out not making sense, and somehow managed to make less and less as it went along. This is what happens when people are so busy riding the dumb "fan service" train (that sadly seems to be all the rage these days) they completely forget to craft a coherent story.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed