Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,751 times)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ju-On: The Grudge

My favorite of the series, and the one with the best scares, IMO.

Ju-On: The Grudge 2

Interesting, to say the least. The ending is bizarre and I can totally see why they didn't attempt a direct sequel to this one.

The Runner

The Runner

Training Day. Great movie! :)

Novak 1334

Novak 1334

Prometheus

I think it's only the fourth or fifth viewing since it was released in cinemas, and my contempt for this movie continues to grow.  It is beautifully shot, good cinematography and design, Idris Elba and Michael Fassbender really do steal the show.  That being said, the script is atrocious, to the point where I can't physically believe Ridley Scott was okay with it.  Badly written characters, a plot that makes no sense, and the editing, particularly in the final third of the film is horrendous.  It is by far and away the worst entry in the Alien Universe (AvP movies notwithstanding)

Disappointing nonsense

2.5/10 And that is being generous

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 03, 2016, 03:39:57 AM

Interesting, to say the least. The ending is bizarre and I can totally see why they didn't attempt a direct sequel to this one.

So is The Curse the original's while The Grudge are the american remake?

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Fixed bayonets(1951).First Korean war movie i watched(and the oldest apart from the thing 1951!)It came on Film4.

Randomizer

Randomizer

No Escape (2015)

Cliches and all, gunfights a la Hollywood, but it was a pretty tense movie. A thrill ride, but that's about it.

7.5/10

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 03, 2016, 12:28:20 PM

Deep breath...

Ju-On The Curse 1 & 2 were direct to video movies in Japan. They proved popular enough to get theatrical sequels, called Ju-On: The Grudge 1 & 2. "Curse" and "Grudge" are both appropriate translations of "Ju-On"... so in Japan, there are two distinct sets of movies both called Ju-On 1 & 2. Confused yet?

...Phew.

JungleHunter87

JungleHunter87

A L I E N 2003 Director's Cut. I've probably watched it 4-5 times in the past three days. I may know where the plot is going, whom dies when, etc.. But I can't help but watch in awe of what was created by everyone and I always enjoy Parker and Brett -

" Do you ever notice, how they never come down here?  I think I know why they don't come down... It's because of you. You have no personality. "  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's dedication for you!  :P

I watched Ex Machina last night. Been meaning to watch this for a while. It had some real strength to it - I loved the whole bit with Calib and the mirror. I think it ended on too typical of a note though.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 03, 2016, 06:54:34 PM

Deep breath...

Ju-On The Curse 1 & 2 were direct to video movies in Japan. They proved popular enough to get theatrical sequels, called Ju-On: The Grudge 1 & 2. "Curse" and "Grudge" are both appropriate translations of "Ju-On"... so in Japan, there are two distinct sets of movies both called Ju-On 1 & 2. Confused yet?

...Phew.

Bloody hell. lol

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Mar 04, 2016, 01:13:10 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Mar 03, 2016, 06:54:34 PM

Deep breath...

...Phew.

Bloody hell. lol

Just wait, there's more...

Ju-On: White Ghost

One of two filmed as tenth anniversary tributes to the series. This one has some okay scares, but it largely feels like a pale imitation. It doesn't help that the titular ghost is an old lady in crappy makeup who carries a basketball around with her. Yeah, not exactly the stuff of nightmares. But then it gets worse, with one of the more tasteless plot points in one of these movies...

Spoiler
It turns out the family that's moved into the house in this one has the father's brother living with them, who gets exposed to some sort of evil from a mirror or something. This turns him evil, and causes him to start molesting his young nice, and the movie is this close to a pedophile rape scene when horny grandma walks in and tries to seduce him instead. And all of this shit is immediately followed by a comedic moment with Toshio meowing at a toy dog that makes barking sounds. Yeah...
[close]

In short, f**k that movie. >:(

Ju-On: Black Ghost

The other of the two tribute films, this one also has some decent moments. However, the plot is poorly put together, the nonlinear structure is badly done, and some of the segments just feel like pointless padding.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Finishing up this bullshit:

Ju-On: The Beginning of the End

Talk about taking a dump on the series. The changes to the backstory are stupid, the scares are mostly just stupid jump scares, and almost every death scene is stolen from the earlier films. BULLSHIT!

Ju-On: The Final Curse

If the last one took a dump on the series, this one is the brief whiff of gas that followed. There's nothing to this movie at all, it's so boring.

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Well I wont be watching those last four Ju-On movies then lol

Watched Deadpool at the cinema....finally. was awesome, really enjoyed it and so many random references and in-jokes.

Alien 3 : Assembly Cut. This one was the version from the Blu-ray boxet, with the improved sound in the new sections. My friend really enjoyed it and preferred the ending to this version than the theatrical. Although surprised the re-added the Spike dialogue in the air shaft scene

American Hustle. Was okay didn't really deserve any of the Oscar noms it got in my opinion

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Cloverfield

Christ, it's been ages since I'd seen this. It's still a solid film, and I love the monster designs here. Bring on the crazy John Goodman follow up. 8)

Ringu

Classic, very creepy horror film with an intriguing plot hook.

Rasen

Dull as f**k sequel to Ringu, and a poor adaptation of Koji Suzuki's novel, to boot.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Ringu 2

Just a bunch of stupid nonsense.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed