Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 842,646 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

The Scorpion King

Cop Out

Sahara

Assault on Precinct 13 (Remake)

Envy

Violent Night

Transformers: The Movie (1986)

The Wedding Singer

Mortal Kombat (2021)

Broken Arrow

Die Hard 2
(The other greatest Christmas Movie  ;) )

The Deep (1977)

101 Dalmations (1961)

Cool Runnings

Uncle Buck

Muppets Treasure Island

Under siege 2: Dark Territory

Con Air

Fighting with My Family

Tron

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure

Pandorum

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2023, 04:04:24 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2023, 02:56:29 PMI do know there's a ridiculous number of Manhunter cuts, one of which only exists because Anchor Bay f**ked up the DVD special edition.  :laugh:
Second place goes to The Last of the Mohicans with three cuts - theatrical, director's cut and the recent definitive edition, which mostly reverts the changes from the previous director's cut.

Mohicans is weird in that I've never seen the initial director's cut, I just know fans hate the f**k out of it because it took some things out. I legit had no idea people were that keen on the Clannad song until I was reading up on that. :laugh:

QuoteThief, Heat, Ali, Miami Vice and now Blackhat all have an alternative cut apiece with varying degrees of alteration.

To say he's a perfectionist would apparently be an understatement :laugh:

I was just reading last night that he made a third cut of Ali not long after Ali died, that even goes so far as to cut out a fight.

The Thief alternate cut is hilarious because all he does is try to speed up the slow mo at the end, which looks ridiculous. Thankfully that was reverted for the Criterion release.

All these alternate cuts and nothing for The Keep, which needs it the most.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2023, 05:02:22 PMMohicans is weird in that I've never seen the initial director's cut, I just know fans hate the f**k out of it because it took some things out. I legit had no idea people were that keen on the Clannad song until I was reading up on that. :laugh:
I've seen it once and I remember it adding one really kickass scene during the battle at the fort, but you're right in that pretty much everything it removes makes the film objectively worse (especially that song ;D)

Then he does his definitive edition, adds most of the deletions back in but also takes the good battle sequence back out :laugh:

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2023, 05:02:22 PMI was just reading last night that he made a third cut of Ali not long after Ali died, that even goes so far as to cut out a fight.
Never even heard of that one! Again, neither alternate cut has ever been released here in the UK; in fact the film hasn't even had a Blu-ray release at all.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2023, 05:02:22 PMThe Thief alternate cut is hilarious because all he does is try to speed up the slow mo at the end, which looks ridiculous. Thankfully that was reverted for the Criterion release.
f**k, I forgot about that one :laugh: OK, Thief also has three cuts, because the recent(ish) Arrow Blu-ray has a director's cut that's just the regular theatrical version with one additional scene added near the beginning.

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2023, 05:02:22 PMAll these alternate cuts and nothing for The Keep, which needs it the most.
Tbh from what I've read I'm not sure there's any cut that would save that one, which is a shame because the first half is genuinely really good.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2023, 05:22:04 PMTbh from what I've read I'm not sure there's any cut that would save that one, which is a shame because the first half is genuinely really good.

Even the book's ending is pretty ridiculous, it goes full sword and sorcery in the last two chapters after most of it was gothic horror. And from what I've read the original ending had to be reshot because the effects guy died and nobody else knew how to finish it.  :o

I'm wondering if Heat 2 will have multiple cuts with differing degrees of fidelity to the novel.  :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2023, 05:53:25 PMI'm wondering if Heat 2 will have multiple cuts with differing degrees of fidelity to the novel.  :laugh:
I read the book, actually.
Spoiler
Can't say I'm hyped for a film adaptation. Godfather Part II it ain't.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 11, 2023, 06:41:28 PM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 11, 2023, 05:53:25 PMI'm wondering if Heat 2 will have multiple cuts with differing degrees of fidelity to the novel.  :laugh:
I read the book, actually.
Spoiler
Can't say I'm hyped for a film adaptation. Godfather Part II it ain't.
[close]

I'm in the middle of listening to the audio book right now.

Spoiler
I'm enjoying it so far but the sequel part isn't quite as good as the prequel bits so far. Never would have pegged Shiherlis as a Tupac fan, either.
[close]

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

King Kong vs Godzilla - Japanese Version

"This is a violation of King Kong's rights!"  :laugh:

Both Bond girls from You Only Live Twice are in this as well.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla vs Gigan

Featuring arterial spray and a dirty hippie.

Prez

Prez

Leave the World Behind

Great build up, tension and performances .... but that ending  ::)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Godzilla vs Megalon

Punch punch punch!

Godzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1974)

In which Godzilla has a quickening and then turns himself into a magnet.

SiL

SiL

Quote from: KiramidHead on Dec 13, 2023, 07:13:24 AMGodzilla vs Mechagodzilla (1974)

In which Godzilla has a quickening and then turns himself into a magnet.
That movie takes a god damn long time to get to the action but when it does it's so much fun.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I've only ever seen one of the Japanese Godzilla movies (Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah, which is both one of the most insane times I've ever had with a film and my main counter-argument when people say the '98 American movie is silly). Always wanted to see the rest, just out of pure curiosity's sake.

SiL

SiL

You need to watch the original at a minimum. Dated as f**k but a powerful piece of anti nuclear filmmaking.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Yeah, like I said, I've always wanted to, they just don't seem to be that easy to track down here in the UK.

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 13, 2023, 10:57:16 AMYeah, like I said, I've always wanted to, they just don't seem to be that easy to track down here in the UK.

Pretty sure it is on the BBC Iplayer.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed