Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot!

Started by 85, Jun 24, 2014, 07:34:28 PM

Author
Shane Black To Write and Direct Predator Reboot! (Read 91,521 times)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Master on Jun 30, 2014, 12:35:41 PM
I think first AvP with all of its problems still makes more efective film, which is interesting and gives us something new to watch.

Agreed. People can say what they want about AvP but I actually liked the ideas which AvP presented to us. The whole idea of Predators coming down to Earth and being mistaken for Gods, instilling some of their culture down onto a primitive civilization and helping them develop somewhat in exchange for sacrifices was an interesting thing. I also liked how they incorporated some of the EU into the movie such as the blooding ritual. The environment was pretty cool too.

Quote from: Master on Jun 30, 2014, 04:04:29 PM
To each his own I guess. Predators gave us what? Dogs, one cool sky shoot and (not so) super predators. AvP gave us whole new environment, both Bovotoya and Piramid, preds hunting creatures different then humans and beautiful predburster. On quality those films are equal but when it comes to rewatch value I`d pick AvP. 

Also agreed upon. I mean a month ago I tried to watch AvP objectively without the rose-tinted goggles to see what it was that people are complaining about with the movie. Sure some of the dialogue is wooden, and we didn't get any hardened type characters but I still found myself enjoying the film as I did ten years ago when I saw it in theatres. It's a shame that the movie is getting a lot of hate and perhaps some negative treatment from Fox recently. Almost like they're going out of their way to erase it. I don't think AvP was that bad of a movie, probably somewhere on average and I see it as something salvageable.

AVP-R on the other hand.. having seen it objectively not too long ago, I can see exactly why people hate this movie. It's just an extremely mean spirited movie.

Magegg

AvP was all OK in the basics, but the execution, the characters, the script, everything felt completely off and boring... and the predator vs xenos battles were completely underwhelming, to say the least...

AvP:R actually entertained me much more than AvP, and I like it better, but it's still a very stupid movie.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 30, 2014, 04:36:36 PM
AvP was all OK in the basics, but the execution, the characters, the script, everything felt completely off and boring... and the predator vs xenos battles were completely underwhelming, to say the least...
All this, especially the script issues. The characters were complete non-entities.

Magegg

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 30, 2014, 04:40:02 PM
Quote from: Magegg on Jun 30, 2014, 04:36:36 PM
All this, especially the script issues. The characters were complete non-entities.
I couldn't give a single crap about those charactes. The actors sucked too. The girl from AvP is probably the worst lead of any Aliens and Predator movie, couldn't believe a single thing about her.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

You thought AVP:R was better?!?
This makes me overwhelmingly angry!
Your arguement is more invalid than trying to fit a cube on a puzzle board,
more than using Monopoly pieces on a game of Risk,
more than a dog eating cat food,
more than two presidents of the USA,
more than 7 queens of England,
more than Weyland Effects in a textbook,
more than Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles fighting the Predator!
I-I- Love it!
Good for you! It takes a lot to openly express that you like it! Who am I to judge you for it likewise? I appreciate that you personally found the movie entertaining despite what ratings tell you.

I for one did not like the movie, I remember always checking in on it while it was in production on PlanetAVP. The Strause brothers used to come on the community and the site administrator looked at it positively and kept us actively posted. I remember previews of the film released on the Internet, all of which were 80% of the action sequences of the film.... Upon release I went with some friends from highschool, smoked a blunt and went to go see it. They still to this day revoked my movie choosing rights and remind me of the crappy experience I bestowed upon them. Shipley; the site administrator, abandoned PlanetAVP and a majority of hard headed stubborn fans selfishly stated that they enjoyed their time watching the film seeing as it did exactly what they wanted despite what the norm wanted.

This causes me to criticize anything I find reminding me of those times. For example you guys talking incredibly poorly of the Predators film, it was decent! It caught me a suprise with the casting, action and mythology.  In fact those friends I was talking about happened to enjoy the film a lot. So if this new Predator movie in any way caters to the fans more than the public, I'm throwing all my AvP merchandise out the f**king window!

darcevil

I'm with spoonman I wouldn't mind another movie in the vein of Predators. I thought it was decent, not great, but it entertained me for ~2 hours. AvPR was absolute shit. It was so dark I couldn't tell what was going on half the time and I already knew the plot to the damn thing.

I just hope Shane Black is a a fan enough to care about the movie, but professional enough not to shoehorn his own fan-fics in. I'd rather get an entertaining but shallow hollywood film than an overbudgeted fan film.

Magegg

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 30, 2014, 05:21:00 PMYou thought AVP:R was better?!?
Didn't say it was better, I said I was more entertained by it. The first movie was better but only "by the textbook". AvP:R is a pile of shit, with a fanficky plot and script, but it's an entertaining movie overall, it has better action and at least the Predator was badass, the other one had tremendously messy and stupid fights that were not enjoyable at all.

AvP 1 is simply boring, predictable, characters you don't give a shit about and the acting and casting very hard to believe. The script better handled could have been a better movie, honesty I would watch AvP:R again, only for the brainless fun and action. I wasn't even bothered for the human characters.

Predators was fine, but it didn't deserve a sequel anyway.

Spoonman101

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 30, 2014, 05:41:26 PM
Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 30, 2014, 05:21:00 PMYou thought AVP:R was better?!?
Didn't say it was better, I said I was more entertained by it. The first movie was better but only "by the textbook". AvP:R is a pile of shit, with a fanficky plot and script, but it's an entertaining movie overall, it has better action and at least the Predator was badass, the other one had tremendously messy and stupid fights that were not enjoyable at all.

AvP 1 is simply boring, predictable, characters you don't give a shit about and the acting and casting very hard to believe. The script better handled could have been a better movie, honesty I would watch AvP:R again, only for the brainless fun and action. I wasn't even bothered for the human characters.

Predators was fine, but it didn't deserve a sequel anyway.
All of which are your own opinion...

Magegg

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 30, 2014, 05:49:29 PMAll of which are your own opinion...
So what?

HuDaFuK

Requiem is genuinely, hand-on-heart one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was just unacceptably crap.

Magegg

And I still enjoyed it much better than the first AvP. I can't go back in time and change that.

RakaiThwei

Something I don't get.. Why in the hell do people trash on others who happen to like installments in a franchise which are not popular with the majority?

HuDaFuK

To be clear, I wasn't insulting Magegg for liking it, I was just sharing my own opinion on the movie.

Spoonman101

Spoonman101

Quote from: Magegg on Jun 30, 2014, 05:50:39 PM
So what?
So I disagree with the acceptation that you like the film... What more do you want? A perpetual pointless argument?

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jun 30, 2014, 05:51:46 PM
Requiem is genuinely, hand-on-heart one of the worst movies I have ever seen. It was just unacceptably crap.
Highly inappropriate considering life is a gift better not tainted with something so awful...

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 30, 2014, 05:57:38 PM
Something I don't get.. Why in the hell do people trash on others who happen to like installments in a franchise which are not popular with the majority?
Ahem
QuoteGood for you! It takes a lot to openly express that you like it! Who am I to judge you for it likewise? I appreciate that you personally found the movie entertaining despite what ratings tell you.

Magegg

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Jun 30, 2014, 05:57:38 PMSomething I don't get.. Why in the hell do people trash on others who happen to like installments in a franchise which are not popular with the majority?
Maybe because the original films are so respected, people feel the most recent don't live up to the quality of the franchise(s).

Quote from: Spoonman101 on Jun 30, 2014, 06:00:15 PMSo I disagree with the acceptation that you like the film... What more do you want? A perpetual pointless argument?
Who is arguing?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed