Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce

Started by MudButt, Feb 09, 2024, 06:03:51 PM

Author
Dan Trachtenberg To Direct New Standalone ‘Predator’ Movie ‘Badlands’ As 20th Ce (Read 28,993 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Maybe if Romulus fails hard in theaters they could go back to the streaming only formula ?

David

I never saw Evil dead, only trailer and one or two clips. But it looked great. Saw Dont breath which had a good atmosphere. Those are Fede Alvarez s films. Even Ridley Scott said about Alien Romulus that it was great (if i remember it well) I dont think Alien Romulus will bomb at box office.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2024, 03:00:21 PM(unless they actually cave and release the Alien vs Predator: Annihilation anime films, that is).

I really frigging hope that stays locked up in the vaults. The brand doesn't need more damaging.

I have no issues with them going back to the original concept of adapting the comics and releasing them via streaming release either. It's a nice platform for them to actually experiment and play a little.

Mr.Turok

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2024, 09:09:27 AM
Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Mar 08, 2024, 03:00:21 PM(unless they actually cave and release the Alien vs Predator: Annihilation anime films, that is).

https://media.tenor.com/ISCqxoCY4GIAAAAM/who-does.gif
I really frigging hope that stays locked up in the vaults. The brand doesn't need more damaging.

I have no issues with them going back to the original concept of adapting the comics and releasing them via streaming release either. It's a nice platform for them to actually experiment and play a little.

Kind of wished you and the crew had chance to take a peep at vid samples and finally hint to us the final say if it really is not so good. Me on the copium hoping that we are wrong and it's good all along only because I am that starved of AVP content that isn't just novels.

[cancerblack]

It's definitely f**ked but I still wanna see it.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Mr.Turok on Mar 12, 2024, 01:39:16 AM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2024, 09:09:27 AM

https://media.tenor.com/ISCqxoCY4GIAAAAM/who-does.gif

Kind of wished you and the crew had chance to take a peep at vid samples and finally hint to us the final say if it really is not so good. Me on the copium hoping that we are wrong and it's good all along only because I am that starved of AVP content that isn't just novels.

And I can't even make it past the first 30 pages of so of the new AvP novel...

I don't want it to come out. I don't care if it's already done or not. AvP is a tainted brand and it doesn't need tainting further. There's still good to come from the concept and I don't want to risk any further aversion to it on Disney's side by them releasing this anime and everyone hating it.

MudButt

It seems like 20th Century & Steve Asbell are taking both franchises very seriously these days. I have to imagine at some point they'll try and cross these two over again and actually give a shit about it. I think it's a crossover that makes sense so long as they just let the movie be its own thing. It doesn't need to fit in with the recent movies, just set it on a far away planet in a far away year and let our favorite monsters cook.

BigDaddyJohn

I would love an actual adaptation of the avp games, especially AVP2. That would fit that criteria.

aliens13

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 12, 2024, 11:33:55 PMI would love an actual adaptation of the avp games, especially AVP2. That would fit that criteria.
We need an new AvP game for sure, maybe developed by Rebellion. It's has been 14 years since the last one

[cancerblack]

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Mar 12, 2024, 11:33:55 PMespecially AVP2.

Yes.png

And I'll get ahead of the "it's just Jurassic Park" crowd right now by saying, kinda. But it doesn't have to be, the villains actually have legs as characters and it could skew towards Labyrinth really easily.

RoguePred1987

i'd love to see them embrace the idea of direct-to-video animated projects for all three franchises.

Scott Conover

Quote from: MudButt on Mar 12, 2024, 10:09:29 PMIt seems like 20th Century & Steve Asbell are taking both franchises very seriously these days. I have to imagine at some point they'll try and cross these two over again and actually give a shit about it. I think it's a crossover that makes sense so long as they just let the movie be its own thing. It doesn't need to fit in with the recent movies, just set it on a far away planet in a far away year and let our favorite monsters cook.

I say if Romulus is a hit we can expect an announcement of a new AvP soon after. They need both franchises to be hitting otherwise a third attempt at this would be flop city. So we're 1/2 way there!

David

New AvP movie or game would be sweet.

Master Chief

They should remaster Concrete Jungle for its 20 year anniversary.

BigDaddyJohn

If that fixes the camera I'm all for it. That game was fun.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed