Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,534 times)

nendo

Quote from: DendaReloaded on Mar 21, 2012, 06:11:21 PM
y but that's not a mistake, i mean it's not like "naah, derelict looks more beautiful from that angle"

the ampule, well yoü can color it later, no prob,that's nothing big.

it's like making titanic and then first making the front pulling out of the water, then changing it to the end of it... wtf, i mean, that's something yoü should decide before yoü do all the cgi stuff
Quote from: DendaReloaded on Mar 21, 2012, 05:03:29 PM
i am not talking about rendering but the artist making such a mistake...

Who said it was a mistake? directors change their minds all the time. More than likely Ridley changes his mind and asked for it to be rotated. 

szkoki

szkoki

QuoteWell, roughly this: people find a starmap, go there, find the temple or whatever it is, some mechanism starts turning some of the people into Space Jockeys (minus the seat suit), those trigger the "derelict" to go to Earth, and the derelict is shot down.

I hope I'm very wrong but this seems to be the story. If there are no major deviations from this, we practically know everything of importance.
So you cant say anything new that we dont know yet  ;D

I said i will not come up with new theories but....yet  ::)

We know after all that the alien is such a biomechanichal lifeform...so what if the 1st host is David 8 who will give birth to the first alien/queen...and this is why there is so much build up about syntethics like the  2 viral marketing video.

OpenMaw

What, synthetic life isn't an impressive concept on it's own?  :)

I think the synthetic bit of the story is simply to reintroduce the general audience to those elements, and a nice little nod to the fans.

szkoki

NO! IT IS NOT!  >:(

;D

zuzuki

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 21, 2012, 09:44:09 PM
QuoteWell, roughly this: people find a starmap, go there, find the temple or whatever it is, some mechanism starts turning some of the people into Space Jockeys (minus the seat suit), those trigger the "derelict" to go to Earth, and the derelict is shot down.

I hope I'm very wrong but this seems to be the story. If there are no major deviations from this, we practically know everything of importance.
So you cant say anything new that we dont know yet  ;D

I said i will not come up with new theories but....yet  ::)

We know after all that the alien is such a biomechanichal lifeform...so what if the 1st host is David 8 who will give birth to the first alien/queen...and this is why there is so much build up about syntethics like the  2 viral marketing video.

No because there is already a xeno mural somewhere in the temple/ship so the xenos already exist. they don't get created in this movie by humans or androids.
I did noticed the attention given to David and all of ridleys talk about how he wants to do something new with the android concept so i think a big part of the story will revolve around David. That means either he will be evil in the end(but that's not so shocking in this kind of movies) or he will be transformed somehow by the jockey tech, either made into a biological type organism or something else entirely. That dude at the beggining of the story could be David growing veines. Just a possibility, cause it doesn't explain the weird growth (happening in real time) in the back of his head.

szkoki

Another theory , i have read it somewher on facebook.

"From the alleged leaked script it says that when the Prometheus is heading into the Zeta Reticulli system that they encounter a wormhole that sends them back in time and through space to the early stages of Earth and find several of the "Space Jocky" aliens there. It would kinda make sense because they show them without their helmets on but outside in a few pics that have been released. In Aliens they said they had to use atmosphere processors to alter it so people could breathe. It says in the thing that the Space Jockey's are pissed and then decide to create some sort of genetic altering "stuff" and uses it on some of the crew of the Prometheus. Which begins to alter their DNA. If that whole thing is legit I guess the Aliens haven't been created yet."

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: szkoki on Mar 21, 2012, 11:39:27 PM
Another theory , i have read it somewher on facebook.

"From the alleged leaked script it says that when the Prometheus is heading into the Zeta Reticulli system that they encounter a wormhole that sends them back in time and through space to the early stages of Earth and find several of the "Space Jocky" aliens there. It would kinda make sense because they show them without their helmets on but outside in a few pics that have been released. In Aliens they said they had to use atmosphere processors to alter it so people could breathe. It says in the thing that the Space Jockey's are pissed and then decide to create some sort of genetic altering "stuff" and uses it on some of the crew of the Prometheus. Which begins to alter their DNA. If that whole thing is legit I guess the Aliens haven't been created yet."

But so far it seems the jockey is taking his ship and going to earth? why would he go to earth if he is already on earth? And i didn't know earth is orbiting a planet with rings.
And the only shots with them without helmets is inside the temple rooms and in the ship, who is positioned underground and is a little further away than the temple( notice when the doors start to move the ground)

In the u.s. trailer David doesn't say THEY ARE LEAVING. while in the map room he says THEY WERE LEAVING and the Shaw is asking TO GO WHERE-EARTH. Who knows how long ago they were planning to leave, and something happened to them. And so, maybe the clues on earth are actual warnings that the jockeys will come some day from those coordinates.

But something still buggs me. Is this the whole jockey civilization? The homeworld? Just a temple, and a ship? Or is it some kind of a base of theirs

Kanderson

I would wager that it is a base outpost for them.  And there are most likey a few more out their somewhere with egg silos, pyramids and more.  I think the Prometheus just got luckily enough to catch this group of space jockey scientists at home base and not on spavaction!  wow we have guests from earth,  here why dont we mutate you give you xeno-like face with teeth tongues, (you know the kind your ex girlfriend used to have)  and generally mess with all your DNA structures,  that will be loads I'd fun,  maybe you could take something with you as a parting gift maybe a chestbuster or a cool looking urn or egg!  Have fun,  come see us next year, to the future and beyond!

rather than start a new thread, I'll post this here, it's IGN Rewind Theatre of the new US trailer
http://www.ign.com/videos/2012/03/21/rewind-theater-new-prometheus-trailer

szkoki

hmm it seems the whole space jockey outfit or whatever growing out from the chair itself around the person who sits in there

Tidus

Quote from: DendaReloaded on Mar 21, 2012, 06:11:21 PM
y but that's not a mistake, i mean it's not like "naah, derelict looks more beautiful from that angle"

the ampule, well yoü can color it later, no prob,that's nothing big.

it's like making titanic and then first making the front pulling out of the water, then changing it to the end of it... wtf, i mean, that's something yoü should decide before yoü do all the cgi stuff

That shot ain't anything big either. Changes happen all the time, and it's enterely cgi, so you don't have to mess with real stuff. The first shot was from one of the first trailers, right? That's when post production was being done. Those ten frames have probably taken two days to complete, due to render pass composition and mostly color correction, to match with the rest of the scenes. The render itself doesn't take longer than one hour.

DoomRulz

There's one thing I don't understand. If the Jokey was heading to Earth, why send out a transmission warning other vessels to stay away? If someone has touched on this, I apologize in advance but this thread moves pretty quickly.

Valaquen

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 22, 2012, 01:11:17 PM
There's one thing I don't understand. If the Jokey was heading to Earth, why send out a transmission warning other vessels to stay away? If someone has touched on this, I apologize in advance but this thread moves pretty quickly.
To me it looked like someone from the Prometheus activated the derelict, perhaps accidentally. The Jockeys may not have intended Earth, simply someone with an ulterior motive (Weyland...?) The derelict from Alien, by all accounts, is a different ship, different pilot, etc.

RICH-ENGLAND

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 22, 2012, 01:11:17 PM

well maybe the warning was to keep their own kind away and explain to other jockeys that the xenos had got free, that in turn would have no baring on whatever goes on with humans and the derelict or derelicts depending if its the same one or not.

thanks

rich

Effectz

Effectz

So a King has his reign,then he dies.When i heard this i thought about the ampules.In ancient Egypt when a Pharaoh died they would put his organs and things he would need in the afterlife into urns.To me the ampule room looks somewhat like a tomb,The face a kind of ''shrine''.Also,around the Chair platform there seems to be objects that look like Sarcophagus.

Perhaps ancient Egyptians Copying their space Astronaught gods.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed