What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,805,476 times)

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: screenwriter805 on Dec 06, 2012, 08:40:51 PM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 06, 2012, 08:16:16 PM
Quote from: screenwriter805 on Dec 06, 2012, 05:55:35 PM
I was pretty bummed to see one of the beta testers for e new avp game not understand the definition of canon, trying to say canon was a matter of personal preference... Tell that to 20th century fox.

I just don't like fanboys, i guess. Im an alien fan, but I've sold most of my fanboy items, comics, statues, magazines, autographs etc... When you have a wife and son, that sort of stuff becomes pretty meaningless.. For me, at least. I collected a lot of that stuff to recapture my childhood, but there comes a time to put away childish things, ya know.

Im also pretty disappointed with unprofessional SOME, NOT ALL of the beta testers are behaving in the google group. I understand that we are fans, but this isn't some "small time kids in a basement playing with unity" developer... This is serious business, no nonsense testing of a 20th century fox licensed property.

If I get married and have a kid I would never ask him to sell his collectibles, well at that point it would be our collectibles.  But I could never do it to him because its takeing away his childhood and memorys.  We would find a way to keep everythin and everyone happy no matter the toll.

Well that is awesome of you! I should point out though, that i did it of my own volition. I just sort of realized there are far greater things to value because of said wife and child...I essentially just upgraded what I value in life. :)

I understand but I always thought it would be cool to keep childish things and then later give them to your child.  I hope to one day hand the collection down, let my kids play with my games and admire my collectibles.  To me this stuff is memorys and moments that I can share.  But thats just me.

screenwriter805

screenwriter805

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 06, 2012, 08:52:40 PM
Quote from: screenwriter805 on Dec 06, 2012, 08:40:51 PM
Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 06, 2012, 08:16:16 PM
Quote from: screenwriter805 on Dec 06, 2012, 05:55:35 PM
I was pretty bummed to see one of the beta testers for e new avp game not understand the definition of canon, trying to say canon was a matter of personal preference... Tell that to 20th century fox.

I just don't like fanboys, i guess. Im an alien fan, but I've sold most of my fanboy items, comics, statues, magazines, autographs etc... When you have a wife and son, that sort of stuff becomes pretty meaningless.. For me, at least. I collected a lot of that stuff to recapture my childhood, but there comes a time to put away childish things, ya know.

Im also pretty disappointed with unprofessional SOME, NOT ALL of the beta testers are behaving in the google group. I understand that we are fans, but this isn't some "small time kids in a basement playing with unity" developer... This is serious business, no nonsense testing of a 20th century fox licensed property.

If I get married and have a kid I would never ask him to sell his collectibles, well at that point it would be our collectibles.  But I could never do it to him because its takeing away his childhood and memorys.  We would find a way to keep everythin and everyone happy no matter the toll.

Well that is awesome of you! I should point out though, that i did it of my own volition. I just sort of realized there are far greater things to value because of said wife and child...I essentially just upgraded what I value in life. :)

I understand but I always thought it would be cool to keep childish things and then later give them to your child.  I hope to one day hand the collection down, let my kids play with my games and admire my collectibles.  To me this stuff is memorys and moments that I can share.  But thats just me.
As someone who watched the aftermath of his young one spreading previously unopened, pristine 1979 alien cards all over e bedroom floor, i can attest, assuredly, that those memories will be stuck in a closet till they are old enough to not destroy them.. Lolol.

I'd rear let the new generation have them. Plus it doesn't hurt that i made 1,300.00 on eBay off half my collection alone. Lolol.

I used to say i would never get rid of my childhood stuff, but so e where after 35, i just stopped caring about it, being more interested in what my son likes instead.

Twin Drive Sigma Aquarion

TK's Arena forum is going to be gone in the coming days, a farewell to nine years of role playing history. :(

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Predator Queen on Dec 06, 2012, 08:36:49 PM
And the vaccume kinda...scares me...so loud and...sucky....

Wait, are we talking about a vacuum here or are we talking about Aspie?

Predator Queen

Predator Queen

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 06, 2012, 11:34:37 PM

I do not like vaccums or lawn mowers there loud and out of control so I tend do avoid them

Shasvre

Shasvre

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Youtube's new layout makes my eyes hurt! They also just changed their layout like a month or two ago. Why so soon?

Prime113

Prime113

Age of Empires 2 won't run. I just don't f**king get technology this day and age. A computer 10 years ago can run it, but a computer nowadays cant.  >:(

DJ Pu$$yface

DJ Pu$$yface

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 07, 2012, 12:14:35 AM
Youtube's new layout makes my eyes hurt! They also just changed their layout like a month or two ago. Why so soon?

This. They f**ked it up. Again.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

The layout is fine by me, it works exactly the same for me as the last layout...which was the one before that beta testing one they put me through.

Terx2

Terx2

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Dec 07, 2012, 12:14:35 AM

Glad its not just me having that problem.

@Prime113 Is it the installing or actually running the game? Because I have to have every window closed and all the sidebar apps closed formin to run and even then the water in the game looks really messed up.

Prime113

Prime113

Imma try that out right now, Terx2.

Nope, that didn't work either. What it does is - I'll click to run it, the "Age of Empires: The Age of Kings Loading..." screen pops up, like its getting ready to play. Then, it will disappear, the loading mouse thing comes on for about 3 seconds, then nothing.

Aspie

Aspie

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Dec 06, 2012, 11:34:37 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAbTGrBUCo0#ws

Prime113

Prime113

Anybody ever get in those moods where you just have to find that one song you listened to once a years ago on youtube? I'm doin that right now.  :laugh:  :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed