What made you unhappy today? Part 1

Started by Purebreedalien, Jun 26, 2008, 08:54:58 PM

Author
What made you unhappy today? Part 1 (Read 1,805,452 times)

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 02:46:38 AM
PROMETHEUS is going to suck.

I can feel it.

:'(

Quote from: First Blood on May 30, 2012, 02:51:41 AM
Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 02:46:38 AM
PROMETHEUS is going to suck.

I can feel it.

:'(

You had better prove me wrong, Ridley.

If it does, and that's the overall consensus on these forums, then I am never venturing back into the Prometheus forums again. The AVP section is an ever stirring cesspool of whining, bitching and moaning about a film, that some just can't let go of.

Oh, man I understand what you mean. Prometheus board should be sealed off if the movie ends up being shit.

Cvalda

Cvalda

If it does, and that's the overall consensus on these forums, then I am never venturing back into the Prometheus forums again. The AVP section is an ever stirring cesspool of whining, bitching and moaning about a film, that some just can't let go of.
Yeah, but incessant moaning and bitching and whining about this will have merit. AVP was junk the moment it was announced.

This was a goddamned holy grail.

I am gonna be so crushed. I've been so excited, so intensely hopeful and filled with anticipation since March of last year when this thing started filming. I checked IMDB daily, followed all the leaks, all the plot developments, every trailer, every interview, even joined this site. All that excitement for nothing.  :'(

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 02:55:10 AM
Yeah, but incessant moaning and bitching and whining about this will have merit. AVP was junk the moment it was announced.

I am gonna be so crushed. I've been so excited, so intensely hopeful and filled with anticipation since March of last year when this thing started filming. I checked IMDB daily, followed all the leaks, all the plot developments, every trailer, every interview, even joined this site. All that excitement for nothing.  :'(

You screwed yourself over by having all the negativity hit you like a f**king rock. Going in with that attitude...the movie is going to suck for you.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: ShadowPred on May 30, 2012, 02:52:14 AM
Oh, man I understand what you mean. Prometheus board should be sealed off if the movie ends up being shit.
I wish it could be sealed off until the release... so much crazy-talk in there! And yet, for some reason, I keep going back...

I wouldn't say nothing...I stated this before in the Prometheus section, and I'll say it again here. Unlike films such as AVPR, even if Prometheus is not as good as we are hoping, there will still likely be a lot that it has going for it in the sense that it is all about ideas. This theme, and the beliefs that it sets out to both contradict and expand upon, will likely lead to interesting discussions afterwards in the least, or amazing (possibly unresolved) plot points at the most. Even if its bad, I'm sure it will have something going for it...

First Blood

First Blood

Stop setting yourself up, not to enjoy it. Pay no attention to these reviews. Go in there, being the BIG Alien fan that you are and judge it on your own merits. Alien 3 was treated like the bastard step child of this franchise, and there's a lot of people (including yourself and me) who like it. Even if this doesn't turn out to be a golden egg, who's to say you won't still enjoy it?

Cvalda

Cvalda

Yeah, but ALIEN 3 had a roster of serious talent behind it, nearly all veterans of the first two films.

This has Lindelof. And Logan Marshall-Green.

I'm still going in hoping to be pleasantly surprised--I always am. But my hopes by this point are severely diminished, especially after what has just surfaced in the Spoiler thread.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: First Blood on May 30, 2012, 02:59:40 AM

Stop setting yourself up, not to enjoy it. Pay no attention to these reviews. Go in there, being the BIG Alien fan that you are and judge it on your own merits. Alien 3 was treated like the bastard step child of this franchise, and there's a lot of people (including yourself and me) who like it. Even if this doesn't turn out to be a golden egg, who's to say you won't still enjoy it?

Agreed completely here. For some reason, based on what we've heard about Prometheus so far, I feel like it will be one of those movies (like AlienĀ³) that will get better with each rewatch.
The reviews mean nothing. They haven't really phased me. I know that you [Cvalda] were hesitant the moment you found out the major plot of the film, but that does not mean that there will be nothing in it to redeem it.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

How about this: No matter how bad it is, it'll be better than Alien Resurrection.

;D

But seriously, I think it was ShadowPred who said that he expects only what he's seen. I share that sentimient, everything else can unfold like the mystery it's supposed to be and I'll judge it in the end.

And from what we've seen? I really like it.

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

And we also got my theory to go on as well...think of that as a little side story, and pretend that it is fact!

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

And as long as they keep that unexplained and open, it may as well be.  ;D

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 30, 2012, 03:03:31 AM
How about this: No matter how bad it is, it'll be better than Alien Resurrection.
Wanna bet? ;D

You haven't seen the latest developments in the screening thread, have you. :'(

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Cvalda on May 30, 2012, 03:07:02 AM

Got a link for me? Or a page I can find this info on?

ShadowPred

ShadowPred

Quote from: First Blood on May 30, 2012, 03:08:22 AM

Brilliant

Quote from: First Blood on May 30, 2012, 02:59:40 AM

Stop setting yourself up, not to enjoy it. Pay no attention to these reviews. Go in there, being the BIG Alien fan that you are and judge it on your own merits.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

If it's from NGR01, I could care less.  :laugh:

Wanna bet? ;D
Oh, you're on.

Cvalda

Cvalda

Quote from: First Blood on May 30, 2012, 03:08:22 AM
You don't wanna see it, First Blood. You really don't.

Remember that joke that's been thrown around about what the final shot would be if some hack directed an ALIEN prequel? Ho ho ho, Ridley Scott would never do that, LOL!!!

Apparently... He did it.

Quote from: Space Sweeper on May 30, 2012, 03:10:38 AM
If it's from NGR01, I could care less.  :laugh:
It's not.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed