Full Trailer (HD)

Started by ikarop, Mar 17, 2012, 11:39:42 PM

Author
Full Trailer (HD) (Read 249,760 times)

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Quote from: deepelemblues on Mar 18, 2012, 12:18:53 AM
I think he's Prometheus.

That seems likely given the material that was supposed to be filmed at the waterfall.

Quote from: Eldritch on Mar 18, 2012, 12:17:35 AM
Nah, not from her stomach. In the scene where we see her leaning against a wall, with hardly any clothes and lots of black "blood", there is no scratch on her stomach. I am guessing it comes out through the throat. This is something that was a concept back in the days of Alien, but they decided to go with the chest bursting instead (probably due to the difficulty of making a prop appear from within the mouth while still looking good on camera). It would awesomely gruesome if it did indeed come out of the throat... I'd choke my snacks seeing that ;)

There are other places it could come out of, and I think the theory that she may be impregnated by something is more likely given some of the other statements referenced here.

I wish people would stop trying to find the literal ties to the Alien creature itself. The Mural thing, which is only vaguely similar beyond being gigerian or gigeresque... We're not going to see something and have it fan-wankily be "The Proton Chestburster." Why oh why can't we enjoy the idea of new things?

Trailer is friggin awesome.

Firestorm

Firestorm

In the scene where shaw is looking in a mirror there appears to be soething that momentarily pops out fo her mouth and then back in again?

Theres also some blood spattered onto the walls, this would go with the theory of the thing coming out her throat?

cockroach

cockroach

Quote from: cockroach on Mar 18, 2012, 12:10:22 AM
now in new 1080 trailer u see something has been removed from her stomach with umbilical cord still attached when she's in the glass pod and it looks like a strange smooth chest burster?

Nah, not from her stomach. In the scene where we see her leaning against a wall, with hardly any clothes and lots of black "blood", there is no scratch on her stomach. I am guessing it comes out through the throat. This is something that was a concept back in the days of Alien, but they decided to go with the chest bursting instead (probably due to the difficulty of making a prop appear from within the mouth while still looking good on camera). It would awesomely gruesome if it did indeed come out of the throat... I'd choke my snacks seeing that ;)

DEF comes out of her stomach see attached pic from 1st leaked trailer ...

AmazSpiderMan1

AmazSpiderMan1

Anybody see what looks like the shape of the Alien at 1:36? Attached to the wall.

T Dog

T Dog

Jockey.

Spoiler
Oh and nice of them to show Janek committing suicide.
[close]

ChrisPachi

ChrisPachi

Quote from: red_otter on Mar 18, 2012, 12:07:56 AM
Quote from: ChrisPachi on Mar 17, 2012, 11:57:20 PM
Quote from: hardcorps54 on Mar 17, 2012, 11:56:13 PM
at 1:03 does anyone else think that looks like the alien tomb painting from gigers alien book ..... or is it just me ?

Yes that temple is very reminiscent of the original egg-silo designs.

Out of interest Chris, seeing as we agreed the "blue man" couldn't be the space jockey because of scale issues, what's your take on it after this trailer?

I think either the real space jockeys are being hidden from us until the film, or the suit somehow enlarges this guy until he basically becomes the fossilised thing from the 79 movie (I don't mean literally, it probably isn't the same ship). I still wouldn't be surprised if it's the former, and the shot of the mini-space jockey (with the suit forming) is actually of a human using their technology. Well actually I'm kinda hoping.

Either way, based on this trailer this still looks like the most impressive sci-fi for at least a decade if not much longer.

I am convinced that the 'blue guy' is some kind of slave, a keeper of the ship if you like. I think that the actual Space Jockey is something else that is not shown in this trailer or is not even in the film at all. Whoever that chair was build for, it was not this guy unless he somehow grows into it as you say.

It seems that the real threat is some kind of nano-bio-tech-something, which means anything is possible.

hardcorps54

hardcorps54

Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 18, 2012, 12:25:40 AM

Spoiler
[close]

eh ?

Eldritch

Eldritch

Quote from: cockroach on Mar 18, 2012, 12:24:50 AM
now in new 1080 trailer u see something has been removed from her stomach with umbilical cord still attached when she's in the glass pod and it looks like a strange smooth chest burster?

Well, it indicates movement in the stomach region, but does not confirm anything about something bursting out of there. My bet is still on it coming out through the throat. It would be different, unexpected, and totally grauslich  ;D

zuzuki

zuzuki

Quote from: Black on Mar 18, 2012, 12:24:22 AM
In the scene where shaw is looking in a mirror there appears to be soething that momentarily pops out fo her mouth and then back in again?

Theres also some blood spattered onto the walls, this would go with the theory of the thing coming out her throat?

if you listen to the audio in this sequence someone is screaming, agonizing:
Quotecut it out,cut it out
she seams to be trembling out of fear,moment of panic at what she is hearing,and starts praying. there is nothing coming out of her.

And i don't thing something comes out of here either. Chances are she wouldn't be running around in a spacesuit after something like that

cmdcnqr

cmdcnqr

Yep; you can clearly see that wormlike thing being "lifted" by a robotic arm is most likely a xeno variant, reminds me of the queen embryo that was removed from Clone Ripley in Alien 4. There's blood everywhere so it was probably just hatched...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: hardcorps54 on Mar 18, 2012, 12:29:07 AM
Quote from: tmjhur on Mar 18, 2012, 12:25:40 AM

Spoiler
[close]

eh ?

Spoiler
It shows him psyching himself up in a scream and then the next shot is the Prometheus colliding with the Derelict.
[close]

silentassasin47

cockroach

cockroach

Quote from: cmdcnqr on Mar 18, 2012, 12:30:07 AM
Yep; you can clearly see that wormlike thing being "lifted" by a robotic arm is most likely a xeno variant, reminds me of the queen embryo that was removed from Clone Ripley in Alien 4. There's blood everywhere so it was probably just hatched...

i agree... it reminds of that

Dorian Gray

Dorian Gray

Quote from: Eldritch on Mar 18, 2012, 12:29:29 AM
Quote from: cockroach on Mar 18, 2012, 12:24:50 AM

Well, it indicates movement in the stomach region, but does not confirm anything about something bursting out of there. My bet is still on it coming out through the throat. It would be different, unexpected, and totally grauslich  ;D

Somebody mentioned this earlier, but during the Q&A session Scott was asked if there would be any "surprises" a la the chestburner scene in Alien.

He responded by assuring the crowd that there will be "surprises" like this one but he is actually embarrassed about it.  My guess is that she will give a vaginal birth.  A very graphic vaginal birth.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed