Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 01, 2018, 06:39:31 AM

Author
Alien: Isolation The Novel Bursting January 2019! (Read 68,156 times)

The Old One

The Old One

No recognition of the January release though.

Samhain13

Maybe due to the below expectations reception of the other Amanda related material, they decided to take more time into this one. I prefer him to take as much time as he needs as long as it provides a better novel on the end.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 10, 2019, 02:04:52 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 10, 2019, 12:42:52 PMOut of the Shadows has been decanonised due to Davi creating the aliens but I see your point.

Out of the Shadows was decanonised before it even began by the fact you can see Ripley's harpoon gun still wedged under the Narcissus door at the start of Aliens :P

Only a few hard core geeks caught that.  It wasn't the straw that broke the camel's back.  After wiping her memory (which itself was juvenile) I'm sure the nice people that put her to bed would put the harpoon back where it belongs so afipley doesn't get freaked out when she wakes up.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 11, 2019, 12:42:03 AM
Ha whatever makes you feel better.

Let's take a step back there. Some dismissive attitudes in play here.

Quote from: Samhain13 on Mar 11, 2019, 01:16:38 AM
Maybe due to the below expectations reception of the other Amanda related material, they decided to take more time into this one. I prefer him to take as much time as he needs as long as it provides a better novel on the end.

For sure. I'll happily wait if it's a better product. I'm still looking forward to seeing more of Zula and Amanda's relationship prior to any Alien involvement though.

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Mar 10, 2019, 02:04:52 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 10, 2019, 12:42:52 PMOut of the Shadows has been decanonised due to Davi creating the aliens but I see your point.

Out of the Shadows was decanonised before it even began by the fact you can see Ripley's harpoon gun still wedged under the Narcissus door at the start of Aliens :P

Ha, one of those things is a little more significant.  :P As SM usually says, those books are far better than they have any right to be. Aside from the silly Fox mandated inclusions, those were some solid books.

The Old One

The Old One

One good book IMO
The first. (Enormous contrivance, though.)
The rest mediocre/bad.

Agreed regarding a superior novel.
"Coming- when it's ready."

Xiggz456

My apologies for my dismissive remarks. Lesson learned: alcohol and forums don't mix.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Mar 11, 2019, 01:16:17 PMLesson learned: alcohol and forums don't mix.

Unless you go here :P

Still Collating...

I've been really happy with the novels since Titan started publishing them. The Fox mandates were a bad idea and some of Bug Hunt was ridiculous, though I still had good fun with about half of those stories. I really don't care for Zula and her spending more time with Amanda, but if it's not gonna be the focus of the story, I wont have any problem with that.

I'd also rather wait for a good novel for as long as it takes. No rush. A well written narrative is always a great thing for the Alien EU.

Hudson

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 11, 2019, 05:39:25 PM
I've been really happy with the novels since Titan started publishing them. The Fox mandates were a bad idea and some of Bug Hunt was ridiculous, though I still had good fun with about half of those stories. I really don't care for Zula and her spending more time with Amanda, but if it's not gonna be the focus of the story, I wont have any problem with that.

I'd also rather wait for a good novel for as long as it takes. No rush. A well written narrative is always a great thing for the Alien EU.

Yeah, but the longer in between novels doesn't mean they're giving more time for the writer to create something good and polished. It just means they're waiting for a project they like, then they choose a writer and give them three months to make it.

The Old One

The Old One

A unfortunate truth.

Samhain13

Perfect-Organism

I vote for letting artists and scribes take the time needed to create their opus.

SM

You can't not have deadlines.

SiL

But people love how long it's taking George RR Martin to finish the Game of Thrones books!

The Old One

The Old One

Perhaps a equilibrium? No?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed