ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages)

Started by Cvalda, Nov 23, 2013, 05:33:45 AM

Author
ALIEN: The Weyland-Yutani Report (S.D. Perry, 160 pages) (Read 394,704 times)

HuDaFuK

For what it's worth, I think ACM might have explicitly said his first name was William...

But regardless, that was always the first name I've known to be assigned to him because all the other Marines (except Hicks) similarly steal the actor's first name. I just assumed it had been changed for the book. It was only when SM mentioned having someone named after him that it clicked.

After that, I guessed it was either Gorman who was named for SM, or S. D. Perry was secretly a Thin Lizzy fan and it was a subtle nod to Scott Gorham :P

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 20, 2015, 02:39:33 PM
For what it's worth, I think ACM might have explicitly said his first name was William...

But regardless, that was always the first name I've known to be assigned to him because all the other Marines (except Hicks) similarly steal the actor's first name. I just assumed it had been changed for the book. It was only when SM mentioned having someone named after him that it clicked.

After that, I guessed it was either Gorman who was named for SM, or S. D. Perry was secretly a Thin Lizzy fan and it was a subtle nod to Scott Gorham :P

Did ACM say Gorman's name was William?!? Shite! That's probably where I got it from! Damn you ACM! Filling my head with false-canon! Lol :-)

predxeno

Lol, out of curiosity did ACM provide any additions to the canon (besides its basic storyline) that is worth noting?

Engineer

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 20, 2015, 04:55:19 PM
Lol, out of curiosity did ACM provide any additions to the canon (besides its basic storyline) that is worth noting?

Not that I'm aware of... SG (see what I did there, lol) had confirmed earlier that this book makes no reference to ACM either.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predxeno on Aug 20, 2015, 04:55:19 PMLol, out of curiosity did ACM provide any additions to the canon (besides its basic storyline) that is worth noting?

Turk.

;D

Engineer

Engineer

Lmfao!

Well, you know, know that I'm thinking about it, I guess there is one thing that ACM might have contributed to the canon. Just before Bella dies, a WY scientist describes the alien's gestation like a cancer that attaches and feeds off of multiple internal organs or something to that effect... which is why it can't be surgically removed from the host without killing the host in the process...

But again, I don't think anything in ACM will be taken seriously by itself. Maybe if this concept gets introduced in alien 5 or something it would be taken more seriously...

Corporal Hicks

It this book serves as the official canon bible then nothing from ACM matters.

SM

Quote from: Engineer on Aug 20, 2015, 02:43:58 PM
Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 20, 2015, 02:39:33 PM

Did ACM say Gorman's name was William?!? Shite! That's probably where I got it from! Damn you ACM! Filling my head with false-canon! Lol :-)

Thou shall not worship false-canon, for it is the work of the Pitchfork.

And I seem to recall some conversation about Dino's bar and grill...

HuDaFuK

Quote from: SM on Aug 20, 2015, 09:55:47 PMAnd I seem to recall some conversation about Dino's bar and grill...

:)

Xenomrph

It was the first official source to use the name "Calpamos" for the gas giant that LV-426 orbits. It was originally a fan term that was fabricated out of thin air on the Xenopedia wiki;  ACM apparently saw it, assumed it was legit, used it, and in doing so, inadvertently made it canon. :P

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 21, 2015, 08:17:24 AMIt was originally a fan term that was fabricated out of thin air on the Xenopedia wiki;  ACM apparently saw it, assumed it was legit, used it, and in doing so, inadvertently made it canon. :P

It's a shame they didn't see our page that pointed out Hicks was dead :P

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomrph on Aug 21, 2015, 08:17:24 AM
It was the first official source to use the name "Calpamos" for the gas giant that LV-426 orbits. It was originally a fan term that was fabricated out of thin air on the Xenopedia wiki;  ACM apparently saw it, assumed it was legit, used it, and in doing so, inadvertently made it canon. :P

I've been wondering where the f**k that came from. Why Calpamos, HuDa?

HuDaFuK

I have no idea. I've only been working on the site for a couple of years, and when I joined it was literally full of unsourced b.s. (that name being just one of those things). I've done my best to tidy things up but there's still quite a lot that I just haven't had the time/knowledge to fix.

Deacs1973

Hi guys - just to report on the excellent service I had from Sideshow Collectables - I ordered the book on a Saturday here in the UK and on the Thursday (5 days in Sunday) my package arrived - i certainly didn't expect it to arrive that quick -the packaging was first class with a box in a box in a box with polystyrene as well and that was before you got to the actual book packaging  - I haven't had chance to read it yet but my first impressions are its very well done - i will put my thoughts on once I have time to digest it fully - Great work Guys

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Aug 21, 2015, 09:30:17 AM
I have no idea. I've only been working on the site for a couple of years, and when I joined it was literally full of unsourced b.s. (that name being just one of those things). I've done my best to tidy things up but there's still quite a lot that I just haven't had the time/knowledge to fix.

I think it is a name from a Joseph Conrad story, but I'm happy to stand corrected. Perhaps someone more familiar with his books might be able to confirm?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed