Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 25, 2016, 05:06:30 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant Teaser Trailer Now Online! (Read 132,094 times)

Ingwar

Hard to tell from those pictures but we'll find out in few months :).

SM

SM

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jan 26, 2017, 09:56:07 PM
Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 26, 2017, 09:43:37 PM
Quote from: cliffhanger on Jan 26, 2017, 08:43:52 AM
either way, shaw doesn't have dogtags.
also i must say it looks a bit big to be dogtags.

She didn't have dogtag and yes, it does look a bit big to be a dogtag. I think it might be
Spoiler
her cross.
[close]

Didn't she take Holloway's dogtag or am I making that up?

He didn't have dogtags either.  Not even Janek did.  Charlie's would've been incinerated even if he did have them.

Ingwar

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Jan 26, 2017, 09:56:07 PM
Didn't she take Holloway's dogtag or am I making that up?

She took his ring if I'm not mistaken.

cliffhanger

Quote from: Ingwar on Jan 26, 2017, 10:04:03 PM

http://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/prometheus12.jpg

Hard to tell from those pictures but we'll find out in few months :).

if it was intended to be shaw's, then we would have clearly seen her crucifix, not a card nobody knows of.
it would not make any sense either to have a card suddenly added to that crucifix.

i could ONLY theorize, that if it indeed is something of shaw, then it can only be that shaw added some card to her necklace,
which might contain information digitally stored or anything like that. perhaps a warning.

HuDaFuK

Could it not just be dog tags from one of the Covenant's security people? The ship seemingly has an entire squad of armed security men on board.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 27, 2017, 10:38:23 AM
Could it not just be dog tags from one of the Covenant's security people? The ship seemingly has an entire squad of armed security men on board.

True but sagardoa said that this scene
Spoiler
wasn't in the screening he was at, and prob was added in reshoots...And her attire in the pic is not the same she has on in the pic with gun..
[close]
. To me it looks like when they first go out and explore the juggernaut. Which means that no one would have died yet.

Infected

its a security/acces card, imo.
The question is, what is she reading on it, does it say Walter? Or Billy? Or Shaw?
Then should be asking herself why is Walters security pass on this, if he is with us the whole time?
Or who is Shaw? And does the David android knows something more that he isnt telling.

This scene or still is cleary an assumption fck up, everybody that sees this instantly yell: dogtags!
But when zoomed in it isnt a dogtag. Imo

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

The most logical explanation is that it is a futuristic dog tag. Then perhaps a protective sheet for which her cross is inside. Then there is digital magic where they remove the place holder in favor of a cross for the movie. At this point what I see is some type of information device that is meant to hang around a persons neck. Dog tags.

It could also be a microscopic slide with someones DNA actually...

rabidranger

Well, dog tags aside that is no doubt Shaw's cross.....without her attached to it. Someone ends up putting it in an evidence bag of some sort for safe keeping. The question is where's Shaw?

Ultramorph

Didn't Shaw have dog-tags on in that behind the scenes transmission that was sent to the Engineers? I have to think it's related to Shaw. There's no reason to make a big deal out of it in the trailer if the tags belong to some random security officer.

OpenMaw

I don't see the cross in the shot at all.

Furthermore isn't it entirely possible this is the wreckage of the dropship she's inside of?

cliffhanger

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 29, 2017, 03:18:17 AM
I don't see the cross in the shot at all.

Furthermore isn't it entirely possible this is the wreckage of the dropship she's inside of?

no, it's looking rather like a cave. just up the lighting/gamma in a photoshop editor. it looks most like it has the same structural environment that we see when one of the actors scream and we see a hallway that looks like a derelict corridor [but isnt actually, again, just up the gamma], just before switching to the shower scene.

it has wildgrowth branches too.

i'm in the middle of it being the derelict, or something else on the planet. we know there are structures on the planet due to the platform scene with the pillars. there might be some caves, too, who knows.

the dogtag - which probably isnt a dogtag at all - simply and factually does not belong to shaw. stop hanging on to something that was a big mistake to assume from the beginning.

Ingwar

This dogtag might belongs to Covenant crew member. This scene is not taken in the Juggernaut.

OpenMaw

I threw it out there before, but it's probably Captain facehugger's thingy.

whiterabbit

It could have also been another bunch of juicy colonist that David delighted upon.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed