Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 328,225 times)

kwisatz

kwisatz

Apologies. Please don't send those robots..

RoguePred1987

RoguePred1987

I just hope the reason we haven't heard anything about the next movie, is because some serious negotiating is going on.

Keeping hope alive for a physical release.

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: kwisatz on Sep 04, 2022, 11:52:26 PMApologies. Please don't send those robots..
They ain't robots, ya carrot!

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: RoguePred1987 on Sep 05, 2022, 12:02:41 AMI just hope the reason we haven't heard anything about the next movie, is because some serious negotiating is going on.

Keeping hope alive for a physical release.
That would be incredibly fast for them to already be talking about the next movie...

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

I have no doubt there is already internal talk about future projects, but it will take time for any of it to be decided, even more for us to be made aware of it

ace3g

Kailem

Kailem

Quote from: Engineer on Sep 04, 2022, 11:39:49 PM
Quote from: Omegamorph on Sep 04, 2022, 10:59:45 PM
Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Sep 04, 2022, 09:35:30 AMIt is one of many illogical things in this movie.
As illogical as anything in Predator or Predator 2  :)

... like, outrunning a nuclear blast 300 city blocks in size and surviving the radioactive fallout... lol

To be fair (as possible) to that one, he survived by doing the action movie thing of jumping into the river (which everyone knows allows you to survive any explosion, since it goes over the top of you!), and it was never shown that there was any radiation afterwards (indeed an earlier draft of Predator 2 had Keyes explicitly say the explosion wasn't radioactive).

As a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Kailem on Sep 05, 2022, 08:18:23 PM
Quote from: Preddie-nokas on Sep 04, 2022, 09:35:30 AMIt is one of many illogical things in this movie.

... like, outrunning a nuclear blast 300 city blocks in size and surviving the radioactive fallout... lol

To be fair (as possible) to that one, he survived by doing the action movie thing of jumping into the river (which everyone knows allows you to survive any explosion, since it goes over the top of you!), and it was never shown that there was any radiation afterwards (indeed an earlier draft of Predator 2 had Keyes explicitly say the explosion wasn't radioactive).

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BY2VjYzU2N2YtZDQ5Yy00MDhhLWJhNDItOWRiODUyZmU1MzJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_.jpgAs a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.

The real point is that all of the main characters have their plot armor or what ever you want to call it. Their illogical moments; the details you can nitpick. Dutch surviving that blast was just as illogical if you really dive into it. So was harrigan surviving after the predator ship's thrusters launched him through the air (didn't incinerate him? Or at least leave him with some severe burns?). Or Ripley hanging on with the queen alien locked on to her ankle while the vacuum of space is trying to suck them out.

PAS Spinelli

PAS Spinelli

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BY2VjYzU2N2YtZDQ5Yy00MDhhLWJhNDItOWRiODUyZmU1MzJjXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNzU1NzE3NTg@._V1_.jpgAs a guest, you cannot see attachments. Please login.
PHG says there was radiation and he almost died from it, but that and P2 are all essentially retcons

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Sep 06, 2022, 12:26:08 AM

PHG says there was radiation and he almost died from it, but that and P2 are all essentially retcons
PHG probably got that from the original trilogy of comics with Dutch's brother... they reveal that too, but then it ends in such a way that it seems like it might have been a lie as part of a coverup 🤷

Kailem

Kailem

Yeah I remember people saying the Predator 2 novelisation said that he had radiation poisoning after the blast, which is really one of the only things I disliked about the lore Hunting Grounds added. Like I get why they did, because it was there in the book, but I've always hated the idea of the Predators self-destruct being radioactive.

And yep, pretty much every character in every action story has some degree of plot armour or another. It's all just a matter of degrees.

Engineer

Engineer

Yup. Plot armor is what it is. But I don't think Naru's was any more off-the-wall or over-the-top than anyone else's from the previous movies.

Doomofman

Doomofman

I wonder if, with the seeming success of Prey, might we hear at the D23 Expo at the weekend that Dan has signed on for a follow up? Probably just a pipe dream from me though

Feral_PRED

Feral_PRED

Quote from: Doomofman on Sep 06, 2022, 02:02:36 PMI wonder if, with the seeming success of Prey, might we hear at the D23 Expo at the weekend that Dan has signed on for a follow up? Probably just a pipe dream from me though

Man that would be freaking awesome.

Fingers crossed!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed