New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 58,543 times)

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 31, 2012, 10:34:19 AM

Stop going around treating your opinion like fact.
Its not just my opinion.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: WinterActual on Aug 31, 2012, 10:57:35 AM
Quote from: Dovahkiin on Aug 31, 2012, 10:34:19 AM

Stop going around treating your opinion like fact.
Its not just my opinion.

Well, then...yeah...okay.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I like the design of the spitter. It looks cool as hell, imo. But I agree the glowing sacks are a bit silly; it looks like it should be in Dead Space.

Female Marine:

Apex

Apex

Quote from: Space Voyager on Aug 31, 2012, 10:50:06 AM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 31, 2012, 07:36:35 AM
It's literally impossible for this to be canon.

Sadly, I have to agree. Spitter with glowing sacks, rhinos... Meh.

I did say other than the new Xenos....

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 31, 2012, 12:00:55 PM
I like the design of the spitter. It looks cool as hell, imo. But I agree the glowing sacks are a bit silly; it looks like it should be in Dead Space.

Female Marine:

Female marine, FTW.

For the game, and game only, I kinda like th sacs...Idk, I flip flop on that. What I don't like is the tail, didn't notice it till I saw a still.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Giger alien looks great. Still peeved thats its supposed to be weaker than ridged head though. Bah

I dont dig the gallop. Not one bit. If you're going to have the aliens running on all fours make it the super fast scuttle of the runner in A3. This loping shit looks dumb and un-alien.

Dont mind the spitter. This shit was gonna happen the moment this game was announced. What I hope is that it has some variety in its attacks. Example: Long range spit that can poison marines. An alt-fire spit that can stun or slow enemies down for coordinated attacks so other xenos can get in close ect.

If were gonna get another class (besides the runner) I'd like to see something different from the standard humanoid two arms and legs aliens. Maybe something a little more arthropod-ish. And would it hurt to see a marine that doesn't have his sleeves rolled up for once? Maybe some armor around the limbs? A full head mask? Heres hoping for some detailed customization from the marine end.

All in all its the first piece of marketing for this game that got me excited. Cant wait to lurk it up. Lurker all day errday

szkoki

szkoki

the sacks should be dark-grey who the F cares about that the marine player should recognize that ?

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: PsyKore on Aug 31, 2012, 12:00:55 PM

Female Marine:

It would be a hell of a lot better if they only glowed when it is about to spit. I do love the way the spitter looks, though.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Spaghetti on Aug 31, 2012, 12:26:34 PM
Giger alien looks great. Still peeved thats its supposed to be weaker than ridged head though. Bah

I dont dig the gallop. Not one bit. If you're going to have the aliens running on all fours make it the super fast scuttle of the runner in A3. This loping shit looks dumb and un-alien.

Its supposed to be weaker. Its before it evolves and loses the dome and grows stronger. The way I take it anyway. The James Cameron way. ;)

FightFinda

FightFinda

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 30, 2012, 11:35:18 PM
Quote from: FightFinda on Aug 30, 2012, 11:26:25 PM
Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 30, 2012, 10:57:47 PMviewpoints don't need to agree to coexist.

Neither do people. It's quite clear that he disagrees with how you judged his disagreement. I can see you've dug a hole for yourself in this argument, but I'm giving you a way out, use it. To continue this pointless charade is to taunt logic and find fault in something that simply doesn't have it. In my opinion, if you carry this on you are hankerin' for a spankerin' and should willingly bend over and accept the size 9, that's how pointless that discussion is.

now why do you have to come with that attitude? it's harmless nitpicking.

I assure you I had no attitude towards you or Dovahkiin. I was just pointing out the pointlessness of the constant bickering between the two of you. This argument in particular I found more amusing than anything else to the point where your hole digging reminded me of David Brent of The Office (UK) fame. The latter part of my post was said jokingly rather than maliciously hence various remarks such as "hankerin' for a spankerin'" and "accepting the size 9". If you honestly could not see I was 'taking the Michael' (sorry it's an english expression for poking fun) then I apologise and I will try to be less vague in the future, and of course I'll use more laughy faces  :laugh:.

Okay, back on topic (well sort of): Does anyone else think that side-view still screenshot of the Spitter's head looks a bit like the Martion Tripod head from the 2005 movie, War of the Worlds? :)

Quote from: Sexy pootThe James Cameron way.

You mean the only way. ;)

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

Maybe the green glow is there for gameplay reasons? Maybe gearbox found out that the spitter attack was too good with a pure black stealthy design.. (unseen snipper running around really fast in the dark..no way that could be overpowered.) ..so they added the green bags to give marine players a way to spot it before getting hit.

Just speculation schmeculation. :P

by the way this early image of a new xeno is quite similar to the spitter... look at the arms. An early design or a different xeno? :P

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Camerons isn't bad, I just prefer the original. Has a certain grittiness to it.

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 31, 2012, 12:47:53 PM
Maybe the green glow is there for gameplay reasons? Maybe gearbox found out that the spitter attack was too good with a pure black stealthy design.. (unseen snipper running around really fast in the dark..no way that could be overpowered.) ..so they added the green bags to give marine players a way to spot it before getting hit.

Just speculation schmeculation. :P

That is the reason. For game-play. It wouldn't work in the movies but for a game, we have to accept some unfortunate design preferences for game-plays sake.

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Alien doesn't exist!

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 31, 2012, 12:47:53 PM
by the way this early image of a new xeno is quite similar to the spitter... look at the arms. An early design or a different xeno? :P

Yep, its the spitter.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 31, 2012, 01:00:47 PM
Alien doesn't exist!

Ur not gonna survive long on this site speaking like that  :laugh:

vehtam

vehtam

holy crap, what a beauty. Still Locusta made it way better, but that skull, man, thats a nice touch...

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

I love  the tendons around the mouth. Really is icing on the cake. Only thing I don't get is the green around the shoulders. Whats with that?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed