New "Escape" trailer up

Started by newbeing, Aug 30, 2012, 11:09:47 AM

Author
New "Escape" trailer up (Read 58,534 times)

Griffith

Griffith

Is this guy the spitter? or an early concept art?, because it have dreadlocks too

If not we can expect more alien types

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

That's not a spitter.

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Quote from: DRAKE M. on Aug 30, 2012, 06:17:29 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 30, 2012, 06:02:03 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 30, 2012, 05:58:15 PM
I thought it was a kid saying the graphics suck since anyone born after 91 seems to not appreciate the glory days of video game but the dudes 41. Graphics look amazing and the atmosphere is top notch.

Lol, I have to agree being nearer my 40s then my 30s now.

Hey pal, it's just my opinion...don't get your panties in a twist. I appreciate the old games as much as the next guy. Graphics are not everything but is it too much too ask for great game play and great graphics?

No ones arguing with u guy. Anyway, u can disagree with me all u want but leave my panties out of it.

Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 30, 2012, 06:33:24 PM
Quote from: DRAKE M. on Aug 30, 2012, 06:17:29 PM
Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 30, 2012, 06:02:03 PM
Quote from: Sexy Poot on Aug 30, 2012, 05:58:15 PM
I thought it was a kid saying the graphics suck since anyone born after 91 seems to not appreciate the glory days of video game but the dudes 41. Graphics look amazing and the atmosphere is top notch.

Lol, I have to agree being nearer my 40s then my 30s now.

Hey pal, it's just my opinion...don't get your panties in a twist. I appreciate the old games as much as the next guy. Graphics are not everything but is it too much too ask for great game play and great graphics?

No ones arguing with u guy. Anyway, u can disagree with me all u want but leave my panties out of it.

Laughed.

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

That was   a poetic way to describe avp2010. All the power of Unreal Engine 4 couldn't save or polish that one.

Quote from: ScardyFox on Aug 30, 2012, 06:22:47 PM

Oh I agree with you 100%. There is no harm in criticizing whatsoever. However, people should be more worried about being critical with the game play more than anything else. AvP3 had puuurdy graphics - but no matter how hard you shine and polish a turd its still a lump of shit.

I think thats our point, if I may speak ever so lightly for poot. 

::)

chupacabras acheronsis

chupacabras acheronsis

Dem sacks.

The graphics cannot be told really well thanks to the video quality but the models of the environment and marines are pretty low poly. Thing is, this game HAS to be outdated because it's going to be released on outdated systems, so instead of aiming for the best quality in textures and models they're just gonna bloat it to shit with lightning and particle effects. Gearbox pretty much said it explicitly, the lightning is the bread and butter of the game's look.

regarding the gameplay, it feels as sluggish and floaty as ever, but i've given up on asking anymore. at least it will be similar enough to AVP2 to comform.

EDIT: by the way, the music track sounds like an electronic version of this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8OdupYNrH0#

delsaber8

delsaber8

I'm actually pretty excited, the graphics look pretty good, the new alien types are a pretty neat addition and this new gameplay mode looks like it will provide hours of fun online playing with buddies. I can't wait.

Griffith

Griffith

Quote from: chupacabras acheronsis on Aug 30, 2012, 06:40:38 PM
Dem sacks.

The graphics cannot be told really well thanks to the video quality but the models of the environment and marines are pretty low poly. Thing is, this game HAS to be outdated because it's going to be released on outdated systems, so instead of aiming for the best quality in textures and models they're just gonna bloat it to shit with lightning and particle effects. Gearbox pretty much said it explicitly, the lightning is the bread and butter of the game's look.

Let's see the good side of it, if you are going for PC version you can run this game on an intel based system with video shared memory of course remember to turn off all the particles ragdoll and lighting stuff  ;) hell yeah! running smooth and by the numbers  :D

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Forgot how good the music was in Alien 3. Ever hear the "story" music in AvP on the SNES? hear it once and IT WILL NEVER LEAVE UR BODY.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Du6e9bp9B-E#noexternalembed

Also notice the egg-morphing aspect at 3:49.

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: Griffith on Aug 30, 2012, 06:26:08 PM
Is this guy the spitter? or an early concept art?, because it have dreadlocks too

If not we can expect more alien types

Pretty sure this is the first time we saw the spitter

Blacklabel

Blacklabel

"After playing Aliens Colonial Marines, Alien 3 will look like a much better movie to you." - Randy Pitchford in the above spanish interview...

..ok. Sure. lol :P

Speedy_J

Speedy_J

Y'know, I always thought that an Alien spitting should have been included in AvP games, but at the risk of using it, it depletes your health, and you had to wait until your health was full again until you could use it.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: Blacklabel on Aug 30, 2012, 07:43:18 PM
"After playing Aliens Colonial Marines, Alien 3 will look like a much better movie to you." - Randy Pitchford in the above spanish interview...

..ok. Sure. lol :P

That's probably because the dog alien in Alien3 spits...and the spitter in A:CM looks ridiculous.  Seriously, GBX should've just used the dog alien design for the spitter instead of what they came up with.

Yeah, Alien3 just got better. 

ScardyFox

ScardyFox

Alien 3 doesn't exist!

Sexy Poot

Sexy Poot

Than what the hell have I been watching for the past 15 years!!!???

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed