Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,575 times)

Sabby

Sabby

Probably the same reason I refuse to use a sideways Wiimote. it's 2015.

Keg

Keg

The original controls "were" great at the time. But using tank controls when i have the option not to suits me. I can understand for purists they prefer it but the game gives you the option. Infact you can change on the fly anyway as the d-pad still acts like the old controls while using the thumb stick has the new. I lt does make the game alot easier and dodging zombies is alot easier but i found it more fun and less frustrating to play with the new ones. The fuel canister bit somebody mentioned, i simply used the d-pad so i wouldnt accidentally run and set it off. No problems there.

Basically the old controls are there for purists and you can use the newer more modern analogue style if you wish. So no complaints about the controls because the game lets you switch on the fly without so much as pausing.

Sabby

Sabby

If being able to move across a room with no difficulty makes the game too easy, then the game is poorly designed.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Nightlord on Feb 03, 2015, 06:56:23 PM
Honestly the original controls were great can't imagine why anyone wouldn't use them.

I know, they are PERFECT! But in this forum there are probably 3 or 4 guys who realize that. Most guys here prefer the run n gun controls from the post RE4 games.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Sabby on Feb 03, 2015, 07:26:41 PM
If being able to move across a room with no difficulty makes the game too easy, then the game is poorly designed.

Its not poorly designed at all because when it was originally released in 2002 it had the original style tank controls seen in the likes of the early Resident Evil and Dino Crisis games. A feature added 13 years later (to make it more appealing and accessible to newer gamers who perhaps find the old ones too cumbersome) to the same game doesnt make the original game poorly designed at all.

It does make it easier but nobody is forcing you to use the new controls its entirely optional. Why is this even an issue with some of you?  If you dont like it theyve also kept the original controls to play it as it was intended upon its original release.

Sabby

Sabby

Quote from: Keg on Feb 03, 2015, 08:48:43 PM
Quote from: Sabby on Feb 03, 2015, 07:26:41 PM

Its not poorly designed at all because when it was originally released in 2002 it had the original style tank controls seen in the likes of the early Resident Evil and Dino Crisis games. A feature added 13 years later (to make it more appealing and accessible to newer gamers who perhaps find the old ones too cumbersome) to the same game doesnt make the original game poorly designed at all.

It does make it easier but nobody is forcing you to use the new controls its entirely optional. Why is this even an issue with some of you?  If you dont like it theyve also kept the original controls to play it as it was intended upon its original release.

You misunderstand. All I said was if a games difficulty disappears when you modernize the controls, then the games difficulty comes from basic interaction with the game, which isn't a good thing.

Keg

Keg

Just how games were back then I suppose. Look at how much easier MGS: Twin Snakes was with some of the features from MGS2 added without actually changing the basic layout of the levels. Same situation with adding these new controls to a game that wasnt designed for them. I dont think its bad design on the original games part, theyre just products of their time.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

More of the MH4U demo since there's nothing good out on any of the consoles I own atm. :^)

pls payday come so i can finally buy bayo 2 as well

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: Keg on Feb 04, 2015, 03:13:00 AM
Same situation with adding these new controls to a game that wasnt designed for them.
Yes - I can pass 90% of the zombies in REmake with the tank controls but with the new control scheme I can run by all of them (excluding the ones that can't be skipped of course).

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I probably won't play it because of the decision to keep the stupid fixed camera. That fell out of fashion back in 2005.

Sabby

Sabby

Eh, I'll retract my statement about RE being poorly designed. Keg has made an excellent case against that point. I try to imagine what EDF 2025 would be like with smooth Call of Duty gameplay, and it looks like a f**king mess in my head, but I maintain the vanilla game is wonderful in it's intentional awkwardness.

In other news...

Dying Light has revealed its first major f**k up. The higher rank you get, the less blunt weapons you see. Swords are superior to everything, so knives, wrenches, baseball bats and anything small or blunt disappears, but you keep getting new blueprints that use those weapons. So, to even use the mission rewards I get, I'll have to go dropping into random peoples games asking to trade them, and hope they don't decide to hoard as many orange baseball bats as they can.

This would be easily fixed with a simple mod, but I think most of us here know how that's going at the moment. Techland, don't tell me how to play the game I paid for, if you're so concerned with preserving the integrity of the co-op, just keep the vanilla files. Let me do what I want to my single player campaign and the second a multiplayer game starts, load up the basic unedited files. Simple.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: WinterActual on Feb 04, 2015, 07:13:33 AM
Quote from: Keg on Feb 04, 2015, 03:13:00 AM
Same situation with adding these new controls to a game that wasnt designed for them.
Yes - I can pass 90% of the zombies in REmake with the tank controls but with the new control scheme I can run by all of them (excluding the ones that can't be skipped of course).

Some corridors seem too tight to be able to avoid some zombies even with the new controls. Having said that im shit at the game haha.

Darkblade 25

Darkblade 25

The games I am Currently playing are Dragon's domga Dark arsien Dead space 1 2 3 and skyrim.

p1nk81cd

p1nk81cd

Evolve: Hunter's Quest. Halfway through chapter 3.  Maxed out bonuses for Caira, Bucket, Maggie and Hyde for the main game when it releases.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Deus Ex

Finally in Paris . I upgraded my Rifle skill to Advanced and it's a huge relief . The combat in Deus Ex is really weird , but at least I can fire without shaking the scope like I'm on drugs.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed