Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,872 times)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 11, 2014, 12:35:49 PM
Wait until an indoor level. You'll be screaming. Are you using RB to lock on? Helps a lot.

But yeah, when the game can't tell if you want to jump. attack or dodge, you got a problem.

Thanks for the advice on button layout. I'm not far enough into the game to see the indoor sections though I can guess how annoying the controls/camera will be indoors.

Sabby

Sabby

Yeah, but I gotta put at least some of the blame for the awkwardness on the fact it's a target based fighting game. By that, I mean that all attacks make you zero in on the bad guy. Your only option to navigate is to just stop attacking and move. There is no moving and fighting at the same time, so it's only one or the other.

Bayonetta, Rising, Arkham, these kinds of games are just unwieldy by nature. It's only a bad thing if the game isn't designed to compensate for it, which Arkham certainly is. You not having much control over where the fight takes place isn't a problem because the levels are huge and open, so there's not a lot to get caught on (but when it did happen, boy did the combat fall apart xD).

Right now I'm playing Bloodrayne 2 with some HD mods. Damn I love this game <3 Screw Raiden, Rayne is the real limb severer. Oh whats that, you have a gun? That's nice. SHING! Oh whoops, you seemed to have dropped your hand :3 Hey, where ya going? Your hand is back here D= come back! *Harpoon to the back, sends cartwheeling sideways into a china cabinet, physics explosion!* Whoops xD

One thing this game does that I wish more games did was allow multiple kinds of beheadings. I can cut the head off at the neck, sure. Or I could cut it off at mouth level. Or temples level. And whenever ya do it, it's like someone turned on a hose filled with tomato sauce, and it just jets out as the ragdoll crumples.

Activate super speed. Sweep kick. Guy spins in place. Jam gun into his gut while he's suspended sideways. Boom. Blow him in half.

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Just got to the first Gekko enemies. How the hell are you supposed to fight them? Are there any particular strategies? I try to fight the Gekko and the cyborgs with rocket launchers shoot me, I go for the cyborgs first and the Gekkos just run up and gang abuse me to death. I can take down one but the others overwhelm me. I'm assuming there's a nack to this? The game doesn't give any clues other than to hint to use teh rocket launcher but when I do try to use it I'm stuck in place when I reload and teh Gekkos spot me easily. To add insult to injury that bastard Borris says I should be stronger than this when I die.

Sabby

Sabby

Use the slide on the rocket guys and go into slow time while under them. If you have a full special meter you can kill them instantly.

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

I don't play multiplayer nearly as much as I should. Totes fun. :P

Far Cry 3

Currently finishing the last few single player trophies, I believe the only one's left are the 70 meter arrow kill (gonna take me forever that's for sure), the killing 50 enemies with a flamethrower, finding the lost Hollywood star, and distracting 25 enemies with a rock. Then it's co-op mode and I'll have platinum'd the game. 8)

Bjørn Half-hand

Bjørn Half-hand

Quote from: Sabby on Jan 11, 2014, 08:16:06 PM
Use the slide on the rocket guys and go into slow time while under them. If you have a full special meter you can kill them instantly.

Thanks Sabby, I'll try that.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Just be prepared for infinite pain when you get to the final boss. I went temporarily insane from the frustration. :laugh:

King Rathalos

King Rathalos

yall niggas never learned to parry like a baws 8)

I kid.

f**k that boss though, total asshole. :P

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: King Rathalos on Jan 12, 2014, 12:43:37 AM
yall niggas never learned to parry like a baws 8)

I kid.

f**k that boss though, total asshole. :P

Spoiler
NANOMACHINES, SON!
[close]

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

DayZ

People that KoS fresh spawns are the scum of the earth.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Dark Souls

Dat Moonlight Greatsword + 5 with 50 intelligence backing it up.

This game is my bitch now.

PVTDukeMorrison

PVTDukeMorrison

Bought DayZ, finding a gun is hard as f**k

Quote from: Cal427eb on Jan 12, 2014, 03:08:44 AM
DayZ

Ay yo gurl lemme get yo numba

Cal427eb

Cal427eb

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Jan 12, 2014, 05:56:04 AM
Bought DayZ, finding a gun is hard as f**k

DayZ

Ay yo gurl lemme get yo numba

Sabby

Sabby

About the final boss, I actually played the whole game not using dodges, which made the boss unwinnable for me :/ I really had it in my head that there was no functional dodge in the game. The 'offensive evasion' or whatever only seemed to work when moving backwards or sides. Forward looked like a normal follow attack. So I naturally concluded the dodge was only useful from a standstill, and only in certain directions, never moving :/

Nope. That jumping slash that is the forward dodge is actually a dodge, despite looking nothing like a dodge. So I played that whole game thinking the only way to avoid yellow unblockable attacks was to jump or ninja run, which doesn't work until your attack animation ends.

WinterActual

WinterActual

DayZ

Even the animals ain't doing that  :laugh:  Most predators play with their prey before killing it - like force feeding it with rotten bananas, bleach; or stealing its pants. But there's really no point in KoS, its not even fun  :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed