Currently Playing

Started by Ratchetcomand, Nov 15, 2007, 01:14:30 AM

Author
Currently Playing (Read 960,755 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. I want another game with Abe and Munch back!

Ghostface

Ghostface

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 17, 2011, 07:03:37 AM
Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee. I want another game with Abe and Munch back!

Good news for you bro, they are re-releasing it in HD this year  ;)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I was talking about a another game with the characters, not a remake.

Ghostface

Ghostface

I see

Quote from: Deathbearer on Mar 17, 2011, 02:56:31 AM
Keggles you have to get PSN and play with me and Doom.

i'm sure Keg has a PSN id, since he has DLC, but i'm pretty sure he almost never plays MP on games. shame because he has a lot of similar games to me and i'd like to compare trophies, so i have wanted to add him for a while

Quote from: Keg on Mar 16, 2011, 11:59:23 PM
Its great. Absolutely fantastic fast, frantic action. with old school ridiculous cliche characters and over the top voice acting. I loved it. It is hard though, especially for your first run through. I played on easy and still had trouble at times. Its a blast to play though and some of the set pieces and mayhem going on aroudn you are a joy to behold. A proper little unexpected gem that was. And ignore the people that say its 5 hours, it isnt. The game time gives you the time on your completed runs and not when you die, and they dont include cutscenes either. Id say for your first run through this game will take you a good 7 or 8 hours which is standard these days for an action game. Not too short and not overly long.

i played it for a couple of hours last night, and i really like it, i didn't know you had it, but once or twice i actually thought "i bet Keg would like this game" :D it's kind of stylistically like MGS which i love, also it's got loads of Sci Fi references, like the cyborg commander guy says "You wanna live forever?" to his troops at one point,
the music is really good at getting me pumped too.
i'm playing on normal, and i have only died a maximum of 3 times in a single mission so far, (i stopped at the beginning of Act 1 mission 6) if it gets a lot harder i'm hoping it'll give me the option to drop down to casual, if it's as hard as you say.

Deathbearer

Deathbearer

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 17, 2011, 03:00:37 AM
Sorry for not being around more often, been really busy lately. I should be on, if not tomorrow night, then definitely Friday.

It's cool, I know people have lives ;D
except me, I dwell in the darkness of my room to keep the sun from blinding me

midget

midget

Homefront, Xbox 360

Keg

Keg

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 17, 2011, 07:14:13 AM

The ending of Munch's Oddysee was awesome. I wasnt much of a fan of that game itself, the gameplay wasnt as good as the original 2D sidescrollers but it had a great story and Munch was an awesome new character. Strangers Wrath was a bloody good game too. I absolutely loved it. Shame there wont be any more Oddworld games.

Keg

Keg

Quote from: DoomRulz on Mar 17, 2011, 02:51:30 AM
Best review I've read of the game in a long time lol. Do I have you on PSN?

Nope. It would be pointless as I never bother with MP. Im about halfway through Killzone 2 and Im now so used to the control scheme and weighty, floaty aiming and I love it. At first I hated it and now I realise that when you move your reticule fast in a direction it sort of keeps moving a little bit, before swinging back, as though your fighting with the momentum and weight of the gun. Firing in bursts is essential in this game. Baffles me how COD keeps getting 9/10 reviews when compared to Killzone its just a basic, run, gun, spray everywhere with no proper system. Its why, despite its flaws, and short length I loved the new MOH campaign, because it got the cover system spot on. Going from MOH to Black Ops it just felt daft not being able to stick to cover and lean out. 

Ive played MOH several times but Ive never wanted to replay Black Ops and thats why I think ill trade it in and get Killzone 3 tomorrow  ;D

CavatinaTheXeno

CavatinaTheXeno

I'm playing UT2004, GTA IV.

UT2004 with custom content. eg Models, maps and mutators. My fav model is the Deinonychus models sweet the Alien done ported from avp2 game looks like crap to bad.

GTA IV the same above custom content eg cars and graphics.

Might get back to Dawn of war playing as the Tyranids and Starcraft II playing the Zerg my faved race of all.

Quote from: Keg on Mar 17, 2011, 11:39:45 PM
Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Mar 17, 2011, 07:14:13 AM

The ending of Munch's Oddysee was awesome. I wasnt much of a fan of that game itself, the gameplay wasnt as good as the original 2D sidescrollers but it had a great story and Munch was an awesome new character. Strangers Wrath was a bloody good game too. I absolutely loved it. Shame there wont be any more Oddworld games.

if the remakes are successful, why not?

Keg

Keg

Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 17, 2011, 09:19:59 AM

i'm sure Keg has a PSN id, since he has DLC, but i'm pretty sure he almost never plays MP on games. shame because he has a lot of similar games to me and i'd like to compare trophies, so i have wanted to add him for a while

Its great. Absolutely fantastic fast, frantic action. with old school ridiculous cliche characters and over the top voice acting. I loved it. It is hard though, especially for your first run through. I played on easy and still had trouble at times. Its a blast to play though and some of the set pieces and mayhem going on aroudn you are a joy to behold. A proper little unexpected gem that was. And ignore the people that say its 5 hours, it isnt. The game time gives you the time on your completed runs and not when you die, and they dont include cutscenes either. Id say for your first run through this game will take you a good 7 or 8 hours which is standard these days for an action game. Not too short and not overly long.

i played it for a couple of hours last night, and i really like it, i didn't know you had it, but once or twice i actually thought "i bet Keg would like this game" :D it's kind of stylistically like MGS which i love, also it's got loads of Sci Fi references, like the cyborg commander guy says "You wanna live forever?" to his troops at one point,
i'm playing on normal, and i have only died a maximum of 3 times in a single mission so far, (i stopped at the beginning of Act 1 mission 6) if it gets a lot harder i'm hoping it'll give me the option to drop down to casual, if it's as hard as you say.

Didnt see this post before. Youre right i dont play mp. I play alot of games but its always for the single player. If ive got an hour or two spare time ill play a single player game over a few nights / weeks and thats it. As for the MGS thing I totallu got that. Hell the main character is blatantly a nod to Snake. He sounds similar, looks similar, and never has a cigarette out of his mouth.

Well im off to get Killzone 3 now and ill be playing that this weekend. IVe had a bit of a Killzone feast this week. Ive played pretty much nothing but Dead Space games for the past 2 months and now im hooked on Killzone. Played Killzone twice earlier in the week and I beat Killzone 2 last night.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

waiting for AC: Brotherhood on pc.. last time i pre-order of steam. it was supposed to be released yesterday then they delay it until 5 hours from now  >:(
with no notification or explenation... piss poor customer service

Vulhala

Vulhala

I got Homefront waiting for me at home. Just been looking at some MP videos and it looks very Battlefieldy so I think I'm going to enjoy.

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: Keg on Mar 18, 2011, 12:00:11 PM
Quote from: AvatarIII on Mar 17, 2011, 09:19:59 AM

Didnt see this post before. Youre right i dont play mp. I play alot of games but its always for the single player. If ive got an hour or two spare time ill play a single player game over a few nights / weeks and thats it. As for the MGS thing I totallu got that. Hell the main character is blatantly a nod to Snake. He sounds similar, looks similar, and never has a cigarette out of his mouth.

Well im off to get Killzone 3 now and ill be playing that this weekend. IVe had a bit of a Killzone feast this week. Ive played pretty much nothing but Dead Space games for the past 2 months and now im hooked on Killzone. Played Killzone twice earlier in the week and I beat Killzone 2 last night.

Dude, go online. KZ 3's MP is really, really good.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed