Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!)

Started by Pvt. Himmel, Apr 26, 2017, 05:59:27 PM

The Alien Covenant Footage what did you think??

Awesome!!!
143 (94.1%)
Meh!!
9 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 152

Author
Alien Covenant (PROLOGUE:THE CROSSING) Footage Clip!!(Spoilers Beware!!) (Read 71,059 times)

Md

May be David altered the destination to another world which supposed to be destroyed as well by the Engineers in their original plan and attempted to launch the black goo attack. His ship was attacked and damamges as a response from the world, and he has been stuck there till covenent reaches there. Now he wants the ship covenent to complete his beloved Shaw to reach Engineers actual home world.

whiterabbit

Awesome is putting it lightly.

Plus David's statement about learning of their ways... he's probably going to be an anti-hero in the series.

David

Just saw the preview scenes as part of Alien Day superticket in the UK. Including the spineburster scene.

It was really, really horrifying. I can't remember the last time a scene got under my skin like that.  I'm still wary, but optimistic.

Mustangjeff

Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 27, 2017, 12:00:50 AM

Plus David's statement about learning of their ways... he's probably going to be an anti-hero in the series.

Clearly he doesn't approve of their ways, and I hope the specifics of that come out in the film.  I'm starting to think that it's what David learns about the Engineers is what makes him decide to goo bomb them.  Initially, I thought he might have had it planned all along.

An interesting twist would be if David creates the Xeno as a weapons against Engineers to save Earth humans.  I find it hard to believe that this city contains the last group of Engineers in the whole galaxy.  Intelligent space faring civilization would not put all their eggs in one basket.  David would have a good idea if more are out there.

Obviously innocent people are going to die, but maybe his mind justifies the losses.

"Some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved" G'Kar

Jacku

Is there a thread for the two Covenant scenes that we got showed after the UK Prometheus and Alien cinema showings?

salomonj

Quote from: Jacku on Apr 27, 2017, 12:39:01 AM
Is there a thread for the two Covenant scenes that we got showed after the UK Prometheus and Alien cinema showings?
I don't believe so.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Mustangjeff on Apr 27, 2017, 12:28:59 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Apr 27, 2017, 12:00:50 AM

Clearly he doesn't approve of their ways, and I hope the specifics of that come out in the film.  I'm starting to think that it's what David learns about the Engineers is what makes him decide to goo bomb them.  Initially, I thought he might have had it planned all along.

An interesting twist would be if David creates the Xeno as a weapons against Engineers to save Earth humans.  I find it hard to believe that this city contains the last group of Engineers in the whole galaxy.  Intelligent space faring civilization would not put all their eggs in one basket.  David would have a good idea if more are out there.

Obviously innocent people are going to die, but maybe his mind justifies the losses.

"Some must be sacrificed if all are to be saved" G'Kar
Well there is no reason to not think that David and Shaw already visited the true engineer home world first. Remember Ridley's "Awaking" comment about it being a prequel to covenant. The engineers may have killed Shaw and thus David decides to exterminate all humans from the galaxy out of blinding hatred. Which like Prometheus punishment is a bit of an over reaction. :P

Also the Alien was designed as a weapon that the engineers created, as per Ridley Scott. Also that the engineers aren't the ones that created humans. However the Alien we see could be how an android who's built in the image of man really feels on the inside.

I see it playing as the Alien created humans(engineers) and the covenant was to be host for them, until they turned on them. Meaning there must be some truly fearful being in the galaxy we haven't seen yet.

fiveways

I want to see the version of the movie where David just wakes up Shaw after bombing the engineers and explains the why of it.  Then she just mopes around for 2 hours drinking tea and wondering if he is right while learning about how terrible the Engineers culture truly is for herself.   

Seriously, I would kinda like the see the Moon/Solaris version of this film more than the one we are actually getting.

kwisatz

Quote from: fiveways on Apr 27, 2017, 01:10:36 AM
I want to see the version of the movie where David just wakes up Shaw after bombing the engineers and explains the why of it.  Then she just mopes around for 2 hours drinking tea and wondering if he is right while learning about how terrible the Engineers culture truly is for herself.   

Seriously, I would kinda like the see the Moon/Solaris version of this film more than the one we are actually getting.

And SUBTITLES

HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER

I registered just to voice my frustration with the release of this video

This Shaw video is a total waste. Just like Weylands speech was a total waste. My point is.....that scenes like this & Weylands speech should be in the actual movie. I don't understand why Ridley cuts major scenes like this out of the movie & forces us to look up some random youtube video that should have been in the movie in the first place. Think back to Prometheus. All the deleted scenes were major scenes, that should have been in the movie in the first place.If they were, the movie would have been much better & gotten much higher reviews. Now I'm forced to wait on a full directors cut, with all the good scenes included in the movie. I'm begging Ridley Scott. please leave this social media stuff alone & give us a full film. Litterally all these good clips need to be in the MOVIE, not youtube  ::)

fiveways

fiveways

Quote from: kwisatz on Apr 27, 2017, 01:23:32 AM
Quote from: fiveways on Apr 27, 2017, 01:10:36 AM

And SUBTITLES

Totally.  Rapace only speaks in Swedish and in Engineer as she is slowly learning their language.  David speaks in whatever the f**k he feels like cause he's a f**king robot.

Citadel

Quote from: HELGHAST SHOCK TROOPER on Apr 27, 2017, 01:35:43 AM
I registered just to voice my frustration with the release of this video

This Shaw video is a total waste. Just like Weylands speech was a total waste. My point is.....that scenes like this & Weylands speech should be in the actual movie. I don't understand why Ridley cuts major scenes like this out of the movie & forces us to look up some random youtube video that should have been in the movie in the first place. Think back to Prometheus. All the deleted scenes were major scenes, that should have been in the movie in the first place.If they were, the movie would have been much better & gotten much higher reviews. Now I'm forced to wait on a full directors cut, with all the good scenes included in the movie. I'm begging Ridley Scott. please leave this social media stuff alone & give us a full film. Litterally all these good clips need to be in the MOVIE, not youtube  ::)
I agree that the original Prometheus intro should have been used, with the Engineers. It would parallel Covenant a little better. I also prefer the CGI Fifield-xeno hybrid scene, though it needed more work. Everything else worked out just fine. Having the Weyland TED speech jammed in there wouldn't make the film any better, and it was shot as promo material for the reason that including such a scene would mess with the pacing. I can't even think of one moment in the film that the speech might compliment the movie.

I'm still optimistic regarding the David/Shaw scenes being included somehow in Covenant.

D88M

does anybody know if this will be in the movie? if it is, i wont watch it

Citadel

Quote from: D88M on Apr 27, 2017, 01:43:05 AM
does anybody know if this will be in the movie? if it is, i wont watch it
The bombing, yes. David/Shaw apparently not. I'm remaining open minded.

Scorpio

I want to see more of Shaw now.  Hope that isn't all there is.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed