Alien returning to theaters starting April 26th!

Started by MudButt, Apr 03, 2024, 04:02:00 PM

Author
Alien returning to theaters starting April 26th! (Read 6,280 times)

Highland

Just booked myself into James Camerons "challenging the Deep" exhibition followed by a showing of the special edition of Aliens  8)

Not often us Western Australia residents get something cool! ( and it's at the Museum theatre)

The wife remains to be convinced  :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 27, 2024, 12:29:41 PMAnd hopefully it makes its way online very soon.

Me too. I went before the seating for the film so there was no chance I missed something because of timing. And I stayed until the screen went blank.

Darwinsgirl

Glad to hear this as so few were in the showing I attended. I went to a 7pm showing maybe the 9pm was busier.

Xenomrph

Quote from: 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯 on Apr 27, 2024, 01:13:17 PM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Apr 27, 2024, 03:22:57 AMJust got back from seeing the movie with my dad. It had the Fede/Ridley interview. Nothing particularly groundbreaking about Alien or Romulus, but still kinda neat.

Did it include behind the scenes footage as well? Or just Ridley and Fede talking?

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMIn3VAXMAAlsAz?format=jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMIQo-eWoAAUxud?format=jpg&name=large

Just Ridley and Fede talking.

Prez

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on Apr 27, 2024, 02:35:22 PMGlad to hear this as so few were in the showing I attended. I went to a 7pm showing maybe the 9pm was busier.

Sold out cinema for me here in Adelaide. A great mix of seniors, middle-aged (me) and lots of millennials. First time in a long time the audience applauded during the credits at the end of the film.

Corporal Hicks

Glad to hear it did well! The re-issue have never been busy for me that I can remember.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Incredible getting to see this on the big screen again. Just, perfect. I don't think I'll ever skip an opportunity to see the film this way. My God, the sound design alone...

Also, I did get the Q&A, and it ends on such a funny moment as Fede asks Ridley if he has anything else to add before the film starts, and Ridley just responds: "No." :laugh:

Darwinsgirl

Quote from: Prez on Apr 27, 2024, 10:25:24 PMSold out cinema for me here in Adelaide. A great mix of seniors, middle-aged (me) and lots of millennials. First time in a long time the audience applauded during the credits at the end of the film.

That is truly awesome! Applause at the end.  8)

WOW! I can't think of the last time that's happened.

CANNON

What an absolute privilege seeing this  extraordinary film in the theater!

Hope Aliens is next!

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: CANNON on Apr 28, 2024, 03:08:28 AMHope Aliens is next!

40th anniversary is only two years away, so here's hoping!

CANNON

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 28, 2024, 03:18:29 AM
Quote from: CANNON on Apr 28, 2024, 03:08:28 AMHope Aliens is next!

40th anniversary is only two years away, so here's hoping!

👍👍👍

Shinawi

Would be cool if this exists and they release this version.

GrimmVision

I was able to get a group of 20 friends and co-workers to see the last screening at an AMC on May 1st for my very late birthday celebration ;D So far, we're the only people in the theater for that showing. There's a handful of people in my group who have never seen it either! 

I got to see the director's cut for the 40th anniversary in a theater, but I'm positively thrilled to finally see the original theatrical release in theaters for the first time!

Here's hoping we get a screening with the interview of Fede and Ridley.

Local Trouble

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed