Predator vs. alien homeworld pics?

Started by nukem11, Nov 03, 2007, 01:45:57 PM

Author
Predator vs. alien homeworld pics? (Read 3,565 times)

nukem11

nukem11

In any of the games did they ever show there home worlds if so could you post a pic of it. Whether it was the alien homeworld which I dealt or the predators. Or any other world whcih they showed which they fought on.
I manged to find one pic.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

Well AVP2 is only based on the planet LV: 1201, or something like that. AVP 1 is based on a load of planets/ships from the alien movies, but I've never seen any Predator/Alien homeworlds... Although on AVP 1 for PC, it says the Aliens have a temple of their species, but it's not cannon of course. I'll post a pic later if I can of the alien temple.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/computer/doswin/image/196582.html?gs=9

theres one pic of the temple.

All I can find at the moment.

nukem11

Quite a strange image wouldnt imagine a temple being involved with the aliens but like you said its not cannon. Probaly where they got there crappy idea for AVP film.

Private Hudson

Well the temple was odd, I agree, even weirder is that it's in space, but it would have made a better story out of that one level in AVP 1 the game, than the entire movie of AVP.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: nukem11 on Nov 03, 2007, 03:41:13 PM
Quite a strange image wouldnt imagine a temple being involved with the aliens but like you said its not cannon. Probaly where they got there crappy idea for AVP film.

AVP1 came out years before the AVP movie.

The whole temple idea came from comics.

Private Hudson

^ So the games took from the comics..and AVP took from both.

Corporal Hicks

Can't see how the temples came out of the comics. Don't remember there ever being one. As for the temple, I was always under the impression it was made by someone who worshipped the Aliens. Sorta like the temple in the original Alien script which is where Anderson got the idea from, actually.

Kriszilla

A lot of EU media has touched on the subject of cults forming who worship the aliens, and in some cases sacrifice other humans to them, or even themselves.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Well aware of that. But most of the cults have been human in origin. I love the idea of another alien race having been wiped out by them.

Private Hudson

Quote from: Kriszilla on Nov 04, 2007, 02:38:43 PM
A lot of EU media has touched on the subject of cults forming who worship the aliens, and in some cases sacrifice other humans to them, or even themselves.

That would sound logical that they were worshiped. And I doubt that an alien could build statues, or carve into walls, maybe even Space Jockeys made the temple, you never know.

Dark Passenger

Yeah it coud have beenthe space jockeys, it could be a temple where the jockeys kept them.

Accaris

Accaris

I don't remember it sharing the space jockeys' architecture.

Private Hudson

Well maybe the Cultists did make it... That also seems possible. :-\

Dark Passenger

Well the location is "temple of unknown origin" so i guess that why we dont no where it is and who buit it.

Xhan

Xhan

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 04, 2007, 02:36:14 PM
Can't see how the temples came out of the comics. Don't remember there ever being one. As for the temple, I was always under the impression it was made by someone who worshipped the Aliens. Sorta like the temple in the original Alien script which is where Anderson got the idea from, actually.

You win a prize.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed