Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022

Started by BlueMarsalis79, Mar 28, 2022, 08:48:52 AM

Will you be celebrating it in any fashion?

Yes and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
4 (11.1%)
Yes and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
20 (55.6%)
No and I expect something substantial from 20th Century Studios
2 (5.6%)
No and I expect nothing substantial from 20th Century Studios
10 (27.8%)
Maybe
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Author
Alien³ 30th Anniversary 2022 (Read 12,892 times)

BlueMarsalis79

With still no word of a 4K version of Alien³ or Aliens for that matter a fan's apparently decided:

https://youtu.be/XyxGzkbdfwg
https://youtu.be/DplTsDIAP24
https://youtu.be/O6UIXiDRkmA

iain

iain

Alien 3 was the first ever Alien film i ever saw. I saw it when i was about 12 years old during a sleepover at a friends.

Local Trouble

I bet you slept like a baby.

Spoiler
On account of Alien 3 not being remotely scary, I mean.
[close]

judge death

judge death

Alien 3 is easily scarier than aliens and resurrection :P

Great find there Bluemarsalis79, although not as good as what SM wrote he saw pre disney take over but still something I would love to watch as a anniversiary event. :D

Yes: I love alien 3, to me its the perfect ending to the ripley story and a proper alien movie, but then again I have nothing against dark movies who dare to kill charachters off and not play the safe card that I guess most fans after Aliens was expecting.

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: judge death on Apr 20, 2022, 07:14:26 PM

Great find there Bluemarsalis79, although not as good as what SM wrote he saw pre disney take over but still something I would love to watch as a anniversiary event. :D

How so?

Local Trouble

Quote from: judge death on Apr 20, 2022, 07:14:27 PM
Alien 3 is easily scarier than aliens

:laugh:

Kradan

Kradan

As much as I love Alien 3 I wouldn't call it "scary"

SiL

SiL

As Dave Barry once wrote, the scariest thing about Alien 3 was the hypodermic needle.

Immortan Jonesy

For me the Dragon was the last time an Alien was terrifying.

Quote from: judge death on Apr 20, 2022, 07:14:27 PM
Alien 3 is easily scarier resurrection :P

Too bad, the dutch angles had their potential.

judge death

judge death

Remember when a friend was over during the summer holiday when we were 13 or 14 years old and watched movies with my little brother and watched aliens and then alien 3.
I and my brother had seen the movies before so had no issues while the two others found aliens hard to watch but was no danger., our friend was not a fan of horror as blood and gore terrified him. When we watched alien3 he paniced and had to take several breaks.  ;D As he said after the movies were over: Aliens is okay since its never any blood anywhere in it, quite tame, but alien 3 was the opposite scary and full of blood and scary scenery of human bodies getting torn which freaked him out. xD
Ah good old days xD

kwisatz

kwisatz

Always found Alien³'s cancer symbolism/imagery scary

Local Trouble

Did you see it dubbed in German?  I can see why that would be scary.

kwisatz

kwisatz

I can't rule that out

PsyKore

PsyKore

I don't expect anything. But my dream is that they replace the rod puppet effects with a CGI alien, or at least go over the effects to make it seamless in the film. Seeing Spike with the level of CGI as seen in Covenant, for instance, would be insane. I know there's many factors that prevent this, but it's a dream of mine and I believe the film deserves touching up.

BlueMarsalis79

Did you check out the above videos though?

We will most likely eventually get that even if we do not get an official release.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed