Who else wants AVP3 for PC?

Started by automirage04, Aug 22, 2007, 11:50:34 PM

Author
Who else wants AVP3 for PC? (Read 5,967 times)

Sabbon

Sabbon

Can I run crysis?

Let's see...
My comp was made in 2002, can barely, if AT ALL run FEAR.

So if my computer came within a 10 mile radius of Crysis, it would spontaneously explode and cry at me consistently.

Huol

Huol

Hehe.
You never know though.
My computer managed to run half life 2 and doom 3...
It really shouldn't be able to, but for some reason it could run them at full detail with no problems...  ???

Sol

Sol

Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 28, 2007, 04:16:12 PM

Except that if they were to base it on the new movies, we could kiss the Marine's arsenal from the first two games goodbye. No more smartgun, no more ALICE.

Fewer weapon options in a sequel is new something I never like to see, ie. I would have less fun, ie. I hope they dont base it on the current movies, and keep to the whole AVP in space thing.

With AVP1 and 2 not being based on any pre-existing film, I doubt with every essence of my being they would all the sudden drop the plot of the games, in order to make the 3rd in a series of games be totally different story wise to what is already established. It wont happen. At the most, anything new from the films, would be incorporated into the game (like Pred's sexy new whip).

Quote from: Huol on Aug 28, 2007, 12:59:40 PM
Ok, lets try something.

Who here, can run Crysis?  ::)

If you can run Half-Life 2, you can run Crysis. CryEngine2 is very flexible, just like Source is. It can run in XP with DirectX9 with little to no problems.

Huol

Huol

Quote from: Sol on Aug 29, 2007, 05:12:21 AM
Quote from: automirage04 on Aug 28, 2007, 04:16:12 PM

Except that if they were to base it on the new movies, we could kiss the Marine's arsenal from the first two games goodbye. No more smartgun, no more ALICE.

Fewer weapon options in a sequel is new something I never like to see, ie. I would have less fun, ie. I hope they dont base it on the current movies, and keep to the whole AVP in space thing.

With AVP1 and 2 not being based on any pre-existing film, I doubt with every essence of my being they would all the sudden drop the plot of the games, in order to make the 3rd in a series of games be totally different story wise to what is already established. It wont happen. At the most, anything new from the films, would be incorporated into the game (like Pred's sexy new whip).

Quote from: Huol on Aug 28, 2007, 12:59:40 PM
Ok, lets try something.

Who here, can run Crysis?  ::)

If you can run Half-Life 2, you can run Crysis. CryEngine2 is very flexible, just like Source is. It can run in XP with DirectX9 with little to no problems.
Haha, i doubt my computer would run crysis smoothly though... Well, i'll have check out what you said, thanks.

Private Hudson

Private Hudson

I've played all the AVP FPS's on the pc and loved em!! It's just a matter of getting my pc to run a newer game. So I hope it comes to consoles too!!!

Master

Master

Crysis engine is the second one of the best engines, the best is Unreal Engine 3.0. And there will be no AvP3, the world is not beautifull enough.

dale07

dale07

iv only ever had the first one nad i think its great and im thinking of getting the second one now because it look mint. and a 3rd one would just be mint because it would have great grafics

Darth_Spud

Darth_Spud

Quote from: Master on Sep 15, 2007, 12:34:20 PM
Crysis engine is the second one of the best engines, the best is Unreal Engine 3.0. And there will be no AvP3, the world is not beautifull enough.

WHAT??  ::)

Although Unreal Engine 3.0. is very nice engine it cannot handle wide open spaces as well as CryEngine 2 and is noware near capable of handling the amount of destructible objects that CryEngine 2 can manage. This is well known in the community. CryEngine is probably the most advanced engine on the market right now

automirage04

automirage04

I dont really want the next game (if there is one) to be on the biggest badest engine out there, because most people wont be able to run it. Something old, but still nice, like source would be fantastic, and lots of people woudl still be able to run it smoothly :)

DaddyD302

DaddyD302

I'm not sure anyone is gonna make a third one at this rate. I keep hearing rumors about it, but it turns out to be another game. I just don't think there's enough AvP fans out there for anyone to take a game at it. If anything it'll most likely head to the PS3 or 360.

If anything does happen on the pc, I'm guessing they'll use the HL2 or Doom3 engine as both are easier to work with and more people will be able to run it. Such great graphics as the cry2 engine, come at a price, and only the crazy hardcore crowd would upgrade for just that type of game. I can see people rushing to upgrade for a game like Crysis, Doom, Quake, or HL but not for AvP, sadly. It's just not popular enough for anyone to take a stab at it. Maybe if AvP-R does well, that might convince Seirra or even Valve to make AvP3. If anything, I like to see Valve make AvP3.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I don't agree with the popularity issue.  AvP2 is one of the longest standing multiplayer games ever made.  It still has a strong multiplayer following to the day, despite being released about six years ago.

The problems comes from the licensing issues.  No company decides to stick with the name for long and it seems to continually switch hands.

I'd also think that people don't want to do it because the first two games were well received and developers wouldn't have an excuse to release a shitty game on newer technology.  No, "Well it hadn't been done before," excuses.

avpmad!

avpmad!

their well should be!

automirage04

automirage04

I really think that the game shoudl be made. Whoever gets to do it woudl make a bunch of cash, as long as they did it well. The franchise is is just too popular in the gaming world to die off after AVP2.

Of course thats what I thought about KOTOR, but it doesnt look like theyll be making another one of those, so who knows?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed