Splash Report Rumors

Started by ThePredatorUK, Feb 10, 2017, 09:01:54 PM

Author
Splash Report Rumors (Read 62,938 times)

Pvt. Himmel

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: cliffhanger on Feb 15, 2017, 09:44:14 AM
https://cdna.artstation.com/p/assets/images/images/004/554/924/large/mist-xg-bbbbs.jpg?1484559754

Woah!!

Now i see why their planet is 20 times the size of Earth... With something that big walking around... sheesh!! :P

KillCrites

KillCrites

I'm honestly fine with this. It just sounds like they're having a lot of fun with this movie. I'm all for crazy giant mutated Predator, as long as it looks cool and not ridiculous.

Xan21

Xan21

Hysteria generation

predator88

predator88

They are trying to downgrade the original predators from the first and second movies again by introducing another Super/Upgraded predator that is build to be so much stronger and menacing.They tried that and it didn't work - the so called "super" predators were pussies - one even died in a sword fight!? This film looks like it wants to carry the same mistakes..

Why can't they introduce a Rogue/Bad Blood predator going on a killing spree on Earth and an elite Veteran Predator send after him.This idea has so much potential to deliver the goods.The comic Predator:Bad Blood played on that idea and delivered in spades,how hard is to adopt that basic premise instead of tying to shit on the old school predators with a genetically enhanced one? It doesn't matter if humans experimented on it or the predator themselves - the idea sucks.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

Quote from: predator88 on Feb 15, 2017, 02:52:08 PM
They are trying to downgrade the original predators from the first and second movies again by introducing another Super/Upgraded predator that is build to be so much stronger and menacing.They tried that and it didn't work - the so called "super" predators were pussies - one even died in a sword fight!? This film looks like it wants to carry the same mistakes..

Why can't they introduce a Rogue/Bad Blood predator going on a killing spree on Earth and an elite Veteran Predator send after him.This idea has so much potential to deliver the goods.The comic Predator:Bad Blood played on that idea and delivered in spades,how hard is to adopt that basic premise instead of tying to shit on the old school predators with a genetically enhanced one? It doesn't matter if humans experimented on it or the predator themselves - the idea sucks.

I've never liked to see the E.U used for the movies but this could work as a movie.That way you don't need to downgrade the predators by creating something only a child could find badass, a giant pred.

Master

Master

The problem is not that Predator is big, but that there have to be explanation to it and of worst kind.

He is big? Cool. But who could say he is bigger and geneticly modyfied compared to others? Two people on earth that we know of have ever seen the pred.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on Feb 15, 2017, 03:23:41 PM
The problem is not that Predator is big, but that there have to be explanation to it and of worst kind.

He is big? Cool. But who could say he is bigger and geneticly modyfied compared to others? Two people on earth that we know of have ever seen the pred.
I think we will get a reasonable explanation for that, Shane Black is a guy who questions everything, he's the master of detective storys and i don't think he will cram it in there just for the "cool" factor without a reason.

They said we will find out what the Predators are doing here, their agendas, how did they come here etc. and i think we will get a conclusion to it all.

As i've said before, for people who just want "more of the same", namely Predator hunting/killing people for 90 minutes, this movie will not please them, i have a feeling they will really dig into the material.

And that, in my book, is a good thing.

Master

Master

We had this discussion before and I agree franchise needs new spin. I'm not sure though if this is a right direction.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on Feb 15, 2017, 03:36:56 PM
We had this discussion before and I agree franchise needs new spin. I'm not sure though if this is a right direction.
There is a 50/50 chance of this being good or bad. But i gotta say, designs and stuff aren't the most important aspect of a good movie. Pacing, storytelling, actors, dialogue, action, suspense, surprises, humour... those things made Predator great, the designs were great in (almost) all the movies, but the first one is the only one being really considered a good and classic movie, because it was well directed.

Even if i don't end up liking the new (yet unconfirmed) Predator, i think we will end up with an enjoyable movie that has more going for it.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: predator88 on Feb 15, 2017, 02:52:08 PMThe comic Predator:Bad Blood played on that idea and delivered in spades,how hard is to adopt that basic premise instead of tying to shit on the old school predators with a genetically enhanced one? It doesn't matter if humans experimented on it or the predator themselves - the idea sucks.

Who says they're trying to belittle anything previous? For all we know a regular Predator will end up killing this new one at the end of the film.

Did the Queen shit on the original Alien? No.

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2017, 03:51:38 PM
Quote from: predator88 on Feb 15, 2017, 02:52:08 PMThe comic Predator:Bad Blood played on that idea and delivered in spades,how hard is to adopt that basic premise instead of tying to shit on the old school predators with a genetically enhanced one? It doesn't matter if humans experimented on it or the predator themselves - the idea sucks.

Who says they're trying to belittle anything previous? For all we know a regular Predator will end up killing this new one at the end of the film.

Yup, people always seem to fear that one thing is meant to be replaced by another. There is a way to add things without taking away anything and please both the classic fans and show us some new stuff. From the sound of the story, we will get it both and some totally new creatures as well.

Predator_Spirit

Predator_Spirit

People still don't get that Shane Black is the director not the writer, Dekker is the main writer.Dekker is a master at nothing but B horror movies.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Predator is a B-movie!

Johnny Handsome

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 15, 2017, 04:48:00 PM
People still don't get that Shane Black is the director not the writer, Dekker is the main writer.Dekker is a master at nothing but B horror movies.
It will still have all the trails of a classic Shane Black movie, Dekker even confirmed that.

Shane is the director, Shane is in charge, he won't do the movie if it's half assed... they needed 3 years to complete the script, they took it very seriously and didn't rush it.

goose_3387

goose_3387

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 15, 2017, 03:51:38 PM

It's all in the execution.

Rodriguez told us constantly before the release of Ps that the Super Preds were bigger and better. As an idea it works but in the movie it failed badly in the execution.  Three Preds taken out within the space of 30 minutes with Berserker doing 'most' of the killing.

On the flip side you don't want to see a Hulk-Predator going berserk smashing everything up and feel un-Predator like.

AvPR is a crap movie but they really got their Predator right. They told us Wolf was this veteran hunter with all his cool tech. They backed this up with his portrayal in the movie and then some. Wolf should have died many times throughout that movie but you kind of believed that he was still this over-the-top superior cleaner Pred.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed