SFX Magazine Scans

Started by Corporal Hicks, Dec 19, 2007, 12:30:51 AM

Author
SFX Magazine Scans (Read 24,065 times)

happypred

happypred

seriously wtf this looks so much better than the one we got

yes but i begrudgingly admit that you need the predaliens to look different from the regular drone otherwise it would be hard to tell them apart in the dark

Wraith

Wraith

Im not entirely sure to be honest, what i love about the current predalien, is the Alien 3 runner type mouth, and the visible skull, which are both very nice touches, but the predalien is no where near biomechanical enough....with all that predator freckling and the like. Xenomorphs spawned from humans dont have do they, whats makes the Predalien so special that it should.

If it had the body of the concept, and dreads of the concept, I'd be extremely happy.

Though the un-biomechanical look of the current is silly, to say the least.

That Yellow Alien

That Yellow Alien

When my little brother, who is not an Alien fan, says "The Predalien looks stupid," than we have serious problems.

Spaghetti

Spaghetti

Quote from: Yellow Alien on Dec 19, 2007, 07:48:34 AM
When my little brother, who is not an Alien fan, says "The Predalien looks stupid," than we have serious problems.

I showed the trailers and such to my friends who are not A/P fans and they also detest the predalien.;D
Im glad its not just the fans who are disliking it.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

That's what the mandibles are for. I'm really hating some frontal shots of the PA in clips. Just looks so...cumbrous.

hisateru

hisateru

emm... ok.. i trying to be fair again.... i do like the concept art predalien and i do prefer the current predalien... if you read my quote before this you know my reason...

i do agree the current predalien does look stupid in some aspect.. but sometimes how nice the concept art will be, if they didn't really suitable... it doesn't serve it purpose...

i also agree with the quote about why predalien should have some of the predator features in it when an alien from human host doesn't have it... i dislike this idea either... but reality is reality

let's be cool... (not trying to start a fight)

have anyone ever consider or think the skeletal structure of alien is actually a human features?
to me... i do... so it might explain why predalien should have predator features... To me some of skeletal structure on predalien serve the same as the normall worrior alien because predator is a humannoid alien(if i'm rite) so some of the features might same to human.... so an alien from human host have those skeletal body... predalien might oso have it....but why mandibles and dreadlock and muscle?

the reason they have this hybrid is to come out something new... if this hybrid is something that look exactly the same.. why does it call predalien.. so da mandible and dreadlock can separate it from other alien(in design)... ok..then what about the muscle? the muscle beside serve as a predator feature it also tell people it is stronger and more active although the normal alien is already strong... but the predalien should be a "strongest of the strong"... and it also serve a lot to differentiate it in the darkness as i mention before...

well, this is juz my oppinion... u can agree or disagree it may be... what i actually wanted to say is, sometimes there are a lot of reason why things come out the way it is... there are things look cool and nice but if not practically serve the purpose... it is useless... sometimes we should think every aspect in many many different perspective.. we cannot blindly disagree because it doesn't please your eye..

SandwormPhish

SandwormPhish

I don't mind the current Predalien look but that concept art is very much superior.

I'm still wondering why any of the Alien fans complaining about how they look 'weak' is even bothering going near any of the AVP material, movies, novels, or comics because almost without exception the preds have a lopsided kill ratio in their favor.  And I'll reiterate the grand tally on Alien intelligence:

1.) Alien- Pitted against space truckers in an environment that heavily favors it.  Doesn't display anything beyond animal intelligence.

2.) Aliens- Pitted against heavily armed and trained military types.  Despite having the advantages of numbers, surprise, superior senses, being inherently camouflaged to visual detection and invisible on IR the Marines are still able to escape the hive and inflict more casualties than the aliens get live replacements (which brings up my only issue with the alien life-cycle, namely the needs 1 host to get 1 alien limitation).  The aliens lose quite a few, then lose a lot more to the sentry guns (given the dialogue in the scenes in question the idea that only a few aliens went down there are laughable).  They manage their power cutting trick and sneak into command.. and again get drubbed in command.  They show some intelligence here but the important bit to remember is that they've got a queen to direct them.  If you go with the aliens books the individual drones are rather dim (beyond the usual animal cunning any successful predator needs) but the Queens are quite intelligent.

3.) Alien 3- Again a repeat of what we had in Alien.  Nothing exceptionally clever beyond the usual 'predatory creature in a favorable environment' vs. 'unarmed humans who can barely see anything' slaughterfest.

4.) Alien Ressurection- Where pretty much every example of truly 'intelligent' alien behavior comes from.. and almost certainly not representative of drones in general given: 1.) The presence of a queen to direct them, and 2.) The fact this bunch were a pack of mutants with an abnormal human DNA mix to the point that their queen had the Newborn.

This is much the same reason I don't have any issue with Chet's reproduction (at least in theory it may not be pulled off well in the film but I can't comment on that until I see the movie) given that if chet doesn't qualify as a mutant and unusual then I don't know what does.  The normal standards of Alien behavior do not apply to Chet at least.

Venenoso

Venenoso

Man it just makes it even more sad seeing that awesome PA concept art, considering the final outcome. They had the dreads made out perfect.

You ought to be pretty stupid/blind in the cinema not to notice that what we see on the concept art, is a Predalien. Especially considering that the audience already saw this 'special alien' came out of a predator (Scar) in the beginning. So the Strause excuse that they had to make it super-obvious to non-hardcore fans, is super-weak. Also if the mainstream audience aren't fans of the creatures, then why is it important for them at all to know it's a predalien? They just wanna eat popcorn and be entertained for a couple of hours.

And why on earth did they decide to give her hanging predator dreads, would it have made such a big difference on the audience to use the concept style? Or were they afraid of getting sued by Dorman who's design is pretty much identical?   

Basically they f**ked up the PA design because they think the audience is brainless. Good job!

Other than that I like most of what we've seen, but sometimes it's the little things that ruin the bigger picture.

trailpimp

trailpimp

Hi!

I'll start by saying that the design in th SFX mag is, in my opinion, far superior than the one in the theatrical release.
But, for what I know, despite the brothers objective to give hardcore fans the flavor of the previous franchises, general movie goers had to understand  what's was going on with the Predalien
so they altered it's pigmentation and aproved a final design that linked this general audience to an alien-pred Hybrid.
My view, despite the movie hasn't premiered yet, is that this movie has some creature design issues from the get got, starting with the pred face all the way to predalien design. But the ALIENS alien design kicks ass.
I guess that they could have done a nice job with this kind of predalien design, or something in this lines, very dark very "gigerish". The same goes to predator: Keep the Stan Winston's design!

http://joblo.com/avpr-visit

Weasel

Weasel

I think if the movie truely does hide the aliens in the darkness, not showing a lot and giving the 'less is more', the predalien would be really hard to spot.

Predator-S

Predator-S

I must agree this predalien design is really something special. Why didin't they go with it is beyond me.

Gates

Gates

I honestly can't believe that they looked at the above design, and envisioned something better, and then they gave us a craptastic design...really, I can't believe it...

Demonio Cazador

Demonio Cazador

Quote from: Gates on Dec 19, 2007, 06:49:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/avpr1.jpg

I honestly can't believe that they looked at the above design, and envisioned something better, and then they gave us a craptastic design...really, I can't believe it...

Yeah that looks great!!
But I think this is one of those battles that the Bros. let Fox win...

Aeus

Aeus

Quote from: Gates on Dec 19, 2007, 06:49:19 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v130/Corpral_Hicks/avpr1.jpg

Yeah, that one is pretty freaky. Through a few more Biomechanical details and you have one badass Predalien pie.

holdtheline

holdtheline

Seems like Fox insisted on certain things with the Predalien..*sigh*

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed