Prometheus Q&A with Neville Page, Steve Messing and David Levy at Gnomon 8/17/12

Started by Jenga, Aug 19, 2012, 01:03:23 AM

Author
Prometheus Q&A with Neville Page, Steve Messing and David Levy at Gnomon 8/17/12 (Read 13,121 times)

whiterabbit

I think Ridley just couldn't make up his mind and said f**k it; we'll fix it in Prometheus 2.  :laugh:

fangface

Quote from: acrediblesource on Aug 21, 2012, 12:19:36 AM
Were there pictures taken at this event? I bet they were pretty tight on security. I would love to see the saucer ship development in different takes. That would be cool, but it could be top secretly saved for the next film. :P

Levy didn't want people taking video or pics, but I saw a few people sneaking some shots when they could.

Yeah, the Engineer saucer looked really cool.  It had the weathered, Gigeresque texture, and kind of resembled an old coin.

SpeedyMaxx

It's very typical for a visualist director, particularly Ridley dating all the way back to Alien and Blade Runner, to blow through many, many different concepts and designs en route to the final take.

I get why he went for the more humanoid Fifield versus other designs or the one we've glimpsed in other footage.  I think the concern was that the audience would laugh at it or be taken out of the film by it.  But while I was fine with the humanoid, I think the one we saw that's probably on the Blu would have been really wild.

CainsSon

I think that the Hermaphrodite Engineers - seeing as the idea is to reference Paradise Lost and Angels, in myth, are often described as Hermaphroditic - would have been a wonderfully creepy, unsettling and appropriate idea.
As for the Fifield Monster, Im on the fence about making it more Xeno-hybrid. I think that would have been a great idea, provided the Deacon was cut from the end, because as soon as we see the Xeno-Fifield-monster, The Deacon becomes kind of overkill. And IT WAS ALREADY OVERKILL!!!

:D

BAD_ASS_MOFO

BAD_ASS_MOFO

yeah i saw this too. it was awesome

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Aug 21, 2012, 09:54:40 PMI think the concern was that the audience would laugh at it or be taken out of the film by it.

As if the audience weren't already laughing and out of the film by that point.

acrediblesource

Nope I was fixated. I wanted to smash that egg head next to me for eating his popcorn too loud. f**king  putz he was.

Quote from: ChrisPachi on Aug 25, 2012, 12:06:48 PM
Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Aug 21, 2012, 09:54:40 PMI think the concern was that the audience would laugh at it or be taken out of the film by it.

SpeedyMaxx

You perhaps, your prerogative, but not the general audience.

ChrisPachi

Quote from: SpeedyMaxx on Aug 27, 2012, 01:16:35 PM

You perhaps, your prerogative, but not the general audience.

OK maybe not laughing, but I would wager that the average audience member was already B-movied out by that stage. A good and honest monster might of pepped them up a bit.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed