Was it David or the Engineers who created the Neomorph?

Started by TomBrad123, Aug 02, 2023, 12:39:35 AM

Author
Was it David or the Engineers who created the Neomorph? (Read 3,819 times)

TomBrad123

I though the neomorphs were due to the pathogen cylinders, not David's experiments.  The puff balls are present outside the derelict, and downstream as well, so I don't think David had any role in their creation, they were a design of the Engineers.

Stitch

It's entirely possible they weren't a 'design' of anyone's, and just a byproduct.

[cancerblack]

Quote from: TomBrad123 on Aug 02, 2023, 12:39:35 AMWas it David or the Engineers who created the Neomorph?

Yes.

Kradan

Quote from: Stitch on Aug 02, 2023, 09:27:14 AMIt's entirely possible they weren't a 'design' of anyone's, and just a byproduct.

That was my impression

oduodu

how many neomorphs were there in covenant?

Kradan

oduodu

out of whom did the 2nd one burst?

BlueMarsalis79

I don't know his name, but Lope's husband.

oduodu

BlueMarsalis79

Corporal Hicks

I think the intent was that it was all accidental by-product of David's carpet bombing. The natural life mutated and that was one of the things born from it. We do see some Neomorphic bodies and skulls though, so David is aware of them.

Still Collating...

Exactly. Seems they occur naturally from the after affects of the carpet bombing as Hicks said. And from David's Drawings we see that he was using them to experiment and create his Alien, one step at a time.

oduodu

oduodu

OP

my apologies .

i was trying to figure out if both infections came via the same route. ie. puff plant. thought maybe it  may be relevant in answering the question presented  by the OP. if David took the ampules(cylinders) unmodified then i would say engineers.

if david modified the contents of the ampules and we don t know in what way then i would say david.

opinion

even then i don t consider david as the creator rather than a modifier of what was intended. i know. pedantic. convoluted.

again opinion.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 05, 2023, 11:02:45 AMeven then i don t consider david as the creator rather than a modifier of what was intended. i know. pedantic. convoluted.

again opinion.

To be fair, I think a lot of us feel - or rather hope - this to be the case.

David Weyland

In my opinion, all the characteristics of the creature are the result of the pathogen
The final form or delivery of, is variable.
The prequels direction I reckon was to have the xenos or at the very least the LV426 xenos to be by David's hand
But unfortunately that's sacrilege to the majority so it'll be made ambiguous again to keep everyone happy

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed