Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 02, 2018, 10:23:48 PM

Author
Neil Blomkamp Has "Moved On" From Alien 5 (Read 56,465 times)

SM

Quote from: cheachea on Mar 08, 2018, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 08, 2018, 01:26:00 PM
Quote from: cheachea on Mar 08, 2018, 09:14:23 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2479816/f**kin-thing-sucks-o.gif


Honestly, at this point They should just let James Cameron make another Alien Sequel for Us So we can Actually Be Happy.

• No Political Correctness

• No Social Justice Warrior Nonsense

• Hard R Rating geared towards Adults

• Realism

• Minimal CGI

• Use of Old School Camera Trickery, Props, Models and Make Up instead of Stupid Over Done Green Screens

Etc Etc.
...have you not seen a James Cameron movie?



Yes they used CGI But they also used A Ton of Camera Tricks, Real Models and Real Stage Props for T2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri9gxYFTVgE

The same movie where he was pioneering the use of CGI.  27 years ago.  Why would he go backwards?

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 08, 2018, 01:21:39 PM
I wouldn't expect Cameron to go all nostalgia old school if he came back. He did a podcast in 16 where he said if he did another it'd be using today's tech.

https://audioboom.com/boos/4827956-fm-podcast-12-aliens-exclusive-interview-w-james-cameron?t=0

Can't remember the timecode though.

15:18.

But the entire interview is fascinating. It always is when it comes to Cameron.

cheachea

Quote from: SM on Mar 08, 2018, 07:13:52 PM
Quote from: cheachea on Mar 08, 2018, 03:10:57 PM
Quote from: SiL on Mar 08, 2018, 01:26:00 PM
Quote from: cheachea on Mar 08, 2018, 09:14:23 AM
http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view5/2479816/f**kin-thing-sucks-o.gif


Honestly, at this point They should just let James Cameron make another Alien Sequel for Us So we can Actually Be Happy.

• No Political Correctness

• No Social Justice Warrior Nonsense

• Hard R Rating geared towards Adults

• Realism

• Minimal CGI

• Use of Old School Camera Trickery, Props, Models and Make Up instead of Stupid Over Done Green Screens

Etc Etc.
...have you not seen a James Cameron movie?



Yes they used CGI But they also used A Ton of Camera Tricks, Real Models and Real Stage Props for T2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ri9gxYFTVgE

The same movie where he was pioneering the use of CGI.  27 years ago.  Why would he go backwards?


I don't mind if they use CGI. I just don't want it to be 100% CGI. In T2 they used both real things like Models, Camera Trickery Etc with the CGI and it actually looks real because that.

SM

When he's making flicks with wall-to-wall CG and unlimited budgets - he's not going to go back to models.

whiterabbit

Perhaps he has gotten tired of all of the cgi and stuff and wants to go back to his roots. Stop motion -non cgi- terminator for the win.  :laugh:

cheachea

Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2018, 06:12:12 AM
When he's making flicks with wall-to-wall CG and unlimited budgets - he's not going to go back to models.


I'm talking about stuff like this :

@4:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=263&v=Ri9gxYFTVgE

Kane's other son

Yes, I hope they make an Alien movie with no SJW politically correct crap like a woman beating the aliens, just like the ones they used to make back in the day.  :P

SM

Quote from: cheachea on Mar 09, 2018, 10:39:03 AM
Quote from: SM on Mar 09, 2018, 06:12:12 AM
When he's making flicks with wall-to-wall CG and unlimited budgets - he's not going to go back to models.


I'm talking about stuff like this :

@4:23

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=263&v=Ri9gxYFTVgE

Gags like that are easier now with CGI because you don't have to reset squibs and things like that.  Especially if you have access to WETA.

cheachea

Quote from: Kane's other son on Mar 09, 2018, 01:27:36 PM
Yes, I hope they make an Alien movie with no SJW politically correct crap like a woman beating the aliens, just like the ones they used to make back in the day.  :P


It was different though. She was actually vulnerable and natural instead of being  Tomb Raider/110 Pounds/ Fighting Dudes that are 250 pounds of muscle while doing Matrix Style Back Flips and totally unrealistically kicking their asses.

It Was Actually Realistic back in the day.

SM

And Sarah Connor, Lindsay Brigman, Rose Dawson, and Neytiri add nothing to the social justice thing.

If only people understood what they were saying instead throwing 'SJW' around as a dopey perjorative.

Local Trouble

Careful.  He might label you a "cuck" for that.

cheachea

Quote from: Local Trouble on Mar 10, 2018, 02:16:50 PM
Careful.  He might label you a "cuck" for that.


LOL

The Eighth Passenger

Blomkamp is doing another Reddit Ask Me Anything on Thursday 9am PST. So if you want to try and squeeeze more Alien 5 info from him, here's another chance Corporal.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/983733823333482496

Corporal Hicks

Thanks. I don't think he'll be sharing many specifics about the film for a while though.

QuoteEvery so often you'll throw up an image on your Instagram from the Aliens sequel that didn't happen. Is that a project that's still dancing around in your head or is it just something you share to display the work you've already put into it?

Yeah, I mean, I wish I could share more, but obviously Fox owns it. It's just an unfortunate thing. I speak to Sigourney about it sometimes. At this point it's kinda like the fire that was burning within me to make that is gone. Stepping outside of even the legal kind of studio-based politics I just feel like its time has come and gone. So, yeah...I think no. And I say that really reluctantly, because I cannot state how much of a fan of Sigourney I am and how much of a fan I am of ALIEN and ALIENS and the idea of doing a sequel to James Cameron's film is amazing on all levels. But, there's a point at which when you're years into it you have to move on. So, I think that has happened to me.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/ex-neill-blomkamp-on-the-future-of-oats-studios-funding-a-firebase-sequel-190

Thanks to Nick from Hybrid Network for sending the link over.

BishopShouldGo

He'll find the fire again some day.

Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube RSS Feed