Best non-alien pictures

Started by Bad Replicant, Apr 02, 2011, 06:14:54 PM

Author
Best non-alien pictures (Read 412,152 times)

Vermillion

I'll say it again.

Looks horrible.

Bad bad idea.

whiterabbit

That is some really nice work but the idea itself isn't my floating my boat.

Xenomorphine

These realisations are seriously impressive pieces of artistic work. :o

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 05, 2015, 04:55:40 AMThese realisations are seriously impressive pieces of artistic work. :o

While I'll reiterate my earlier statement that it's a terrible piece of design, I have to agree, the artwork is superb. Can't fault that.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 05, 2015, 08:46:30 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 05, 2015, 04:55:40 AMThese realisations are seriously impressive pieces of artistic work. :o

While I'll reiterate my earlier statement that it's a terrible piece of design, I have to agree, the artwork is superb. Can't fault that.

Agreed. It's just...it's that stupid head that gets me. I really dig the idea of the biomechanical suit but I don't dig the Alien head. I could deal with the Engineer concept but I was disappointed it lost all the Lovecraftianness of it. I don't want the Aliens to end up being suits too.  :P

Corporal Hicks

This must be one of my favourite pictures and my favourite picture of John Hurt.

HuDaFuK

Never seen that before, great image.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've used it once or twice before on the Facebook page and on the news. I love it but try not to abuse it. xD

Great picture of Vasquez!

Vermillion

Badass.

Corporal Hicks

Great picture of James Cameron and Barbara Coles.

HuDaFuK

Not gonna lie, was kinda disappointed she didn't feature in River of Pain.

In fact I was disappointed that the book didn't cover more of the time up to the Marines arriving in general.

Corporal Hicks

They missed a real treat in not doing exploring from the time Newt went solo. It's a shame the book started to weaken towards the end.

HuDaFuK

Definitely.

It would've been awesome if it had spent some time focussing on the few odd survivors that managed to escape the final massacre, only to gradually be whittled down one by one as time went by. Stuff like Newt going it alone to try and survive rather than sticking with the others, and watching and listening from the sidelines as they're picked off one at a time. Stuff like that. If nothing else it would've add some background to her traumatised state in the film.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it was because once Golden learnt of Newt's Tale that's the blue print he stuck to. He also found the thought of Newt on her lonesome dull - which is a shame.

A fantastic image of Sir Ridley Scott behind the scenes of Alien on the Pilot's Chamber set. H. R. Giger looks on in the background.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed